Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Departures Thread?

GigaBit

Hey Kim,

In a forum I stopped going to a year or two ago, I had no way to formally announce my departure outside of changing my status. And honestly, who looks at that? Maybe we could have a thread like Introductions but it's where you can announce your departure. Maybe there can be accolades for people who wish them farewell.
Seems like that'd look like a huge invitation for tantrum-farewells.

The status you last share will sit on your profile ("Spooky season is over, but my horror kick is going strong!"), so anyone curious can see it so long as they meet whatever level of restriction you set it at. Your can also just put text on the profile itself stating that you've left. If you want to go all the way, you can delete your account, and everywhere you've posted will be left with a blank pfp and your name crossed out. In all cases, people who are interested in your whereabouts will have means to find out that you've left.

If it's well-wishes you're interested in, it'd probably be best to alert people individually. The privacy would encourage more to be expressed than might happen in a public post, anyway.
Kim Site Admin

Zelphyr wrote:
Seems like that'd look like a huge invitation for tantrum-farewells.

This is a big concern for me.
GigaBit Topic Starter

Haha, I guess I'm too wholesome for some things-

Sigh~

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Departures Thread?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus