Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » ❄️ Winter Art Trade 2022 ❄️

Kim Site Admin

artist_Elf.pngWe're doing an official RPR art trade. Please read the rules carefully before signing up!

In this art trade, artists post information about a character (or characters, if they want to give the other person a choice of things to draw) they would like to receive gift art of. At a specified cut off date, submissions stop and each artist is randomly assigned someone else in the exchange. Then each artist draws the thing they got, and on a certain day, everyone exchanges what they drew. So you do art for someone else, and someone else gives you art. It's like secret Santa, but with art!

ENTRIES DUE BY NOVEMBER 25TH (That's a Friday)
ASSIGNMENTS SENT ON NOVEMBER 26TH (That's a Saturday)
ART IS DUE ON DECEMBER 19TH (That's a Monday)

PLEASE BE CERTAIN YOU CAN COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNED PIECE IN THE TIME ALLOWED.
If you're not sure, just play it safe and don't enter. There's always next year!

I repeat:

ENTRIES DUE BY NOVEMBER 25TH (That's a Friday)
ASSIGNMENTS SENT ON NOVEMBER 26TH (That's a Saturday)
ART IS DUE ON DECEMBER 19TH (That's a Monday)

Check your calendars carefully!

There will be a one week grace period for posting art in case of emergencies. If you don't turn in your art by the end of that one week grace period, you might not be able to participate next year. It's only fair that everyone who does art should get art in return.

This art trade is open to artists of all skill levels!
We are no longer dividing artists into "dabbler" and "devotee" categories. We do ask that this not be your first or second attempt at drawing, but if you've been drawing for roughly a year or more and are willing to do your very best, you're welcome here. Participants should go in with the expectation that the art they receive will be in an unknown style and completed by someone with an unknown skill level, and be excited to get a nice surprise whatever it turns out to be. If you think you may be upset if your gift art turns out to come from an artist who is not as experienced as yourself, or who uses a style of art that is not to your taste, this is not the art trade for you.

Remember, the art you will be given is a GIFT. Someone did their very best to capture your character to brighten up your new year. Please don't get angry if they made mistakes; they did their very best to the best of their ability and understanding to make you something nice, just like you are going to do for whoever you are assigned. :)

I'm not good at drawing (humans/animals/robots/reptiles/something else), can I specify that I don't want to be paired with someone with a character like that?
Nope. If you get thrown a curveball, you're going to have to do your best. Stretch out of your comfort zone! ;)

Is there a risk I could be paired with someone I have blocked?
No. Our matcher is largely random, but it DOES take into account people you have blocked and will not give such assignments. Please be certain you have blocked participants you want to be certain you are not assigned to draw for under any circumstances, and leave them blocked until you receive your art trade assignment.

What are the requirements of the artwork?
  • The following types of artworks can be submitted:
    • Digital drawing/painting/3d modeling
    • Hand-drawn or hand-painted items, so long as you have a method of taking a well-lit photo or good scan of your artwork. The photographed piece must be in good condition.
    • Sculpture/models you have created from scratch and painted or otherwise colored, so long as you have a method of taking a well-lit photo of your artwork. The photographed piece must be in good condition.
  • Please do full body artworks, unless the person you're assigned has specified they are okay with receiving a bust/head portrait.
  • Drawings should be in color, unless there is a strong, articulated reason why you made an artistic choice to do black and white. It needs to be something like "it matched the noir flavor of the character and I was really trying to capture that mood," or "I am legally color blind and was afraid I would use the wrong colors," not "I ran out of time" or "I was too lazy."
  • Backgrounds are not required, but you're welcome to include one if the muse moves you.
  • Please make sure your artwork is appropriate for posting on the public forums, so PG-13, non-nude, etc. :)
  • Artwork you submit must be your own original work.. If your piece is found to be:
    • Directly stolen, or simply a recolor of an existing piece of art.
    • Traced in part or in total
    • Dramatically over-referenced
    • AI generated in whole or in part, or AI "finished"
    You will be banned from the art trade for at least two years, and possibly permanently.

The AI rule above is new, so please take special note of it.

Does it have to be a surprise? What happens if I want to ask my assigned person questions about their character?
Many people like to keep their art trade assignments a surprise, and do a big reveal on the final day. If this is you, you can have me pass on your questions anonymously to your art trade recipients.

However, that's not required. If you prefer, you can ask your assigned person questions about their character directly. You're even free to post your art trade artwork early if you like! This is especially encouraged for those of you who are afraid you will forget or not be online around the time of the final art trade due date ;)

What happens if I did my part for the art trade, but the person who was assigned me goes AWOL?
If you did your part of the art trade, but don't receive anything in return by the deadline or after the grace period, we'll find another artist who will make sure you get a piece of gift art too.

What happens if I sign up but then have a BIG HUGE EMERGENCY that is going to prevent me from participating?
If this happens, please let me know ASAP so I can figure something out.

I've read the rules and I'M IN! How do I sign up?
To enter, fill out the following form for each character you'd like to offer as a possibility for the artist assigned to you. Remember, no matter how many characters you submit, the person assigned you is only required to draw a single character.

ENTRY FORM
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b] [b]Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Gender expression:[/b] [b]Personality:[/b] [b]I prefer to receive:[/b] (full body art/bust/either) [b]Brief physical description of the character:[/b] [b]Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background)[/b] [b]Anything else we need to know:[/b] [b]If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)[/b]
Claine Moderator

Art Trade! Art Trade! Art Trade!

Comic Characters

Character Name: West
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/sadboy
Species: Human
Gender expression: Cis-Male
Personality: Reserved, Struggles to connect with others, violent + rude as a self defence mechanism.
I prefer to receive: Either
Brief physical description of the character: Short with a stocky build, short white hair and red eyes (these are features of his homeland). Has a distinctive scar under his eye and across his lip. Not very fashion forward, but wears both neutral colours and garish pink. There are loads of reference images on his profile and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Cars, vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: I am perfectly okay with a little violence/blood in any artwork given to me!

Character Name: Barame
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/RatPrince
Gender expression: Cis-Male
Personality: He's a man with two sides. Friendly and sociable in day to day life, yet he's able to hide how effortlessly cruel he is in his work.
Brief physical description of the character: He's a little on the shorter side, but he has a somewhat lanky build. He has long white hair (usually tied back) and red eyes (these are features of his homeland). His eyesight is very poor so he always wears glasses. He dresses like a 10 year old who has suddenly been given $1 million spending money. There are loads of reference images on his profile and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: I am perfectly okay with a little violence/blood in any artwork given to me!

Character Name: Adael
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/adael
Species: Spirit (who usually appears Human)
Gender expression: Usually appears male
Personality: Adael can come off as somewhat cold and calculating and driven by revenge. He is skilled at big-picture thinking and managing people and resources. He's not an emotionless creature, and he is soft in his own way but his time is overwhelmingly occupied by working towards larger goals.
Brief physical description of the character: Adael is somewhat tall and muscular with brown hair. He wears an eyepatch over his right eye, the exposed one also brown in colour. While usually hidden by his clothing and eyepatch, Adael has many black scars and a magic seal on his body betraying his non-human nature. Here is an image showing them. There are plenty of other images on his page and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: Do you like body horror? I like body horror! Feel free to go wild! + as above I'm fine with violence and blood.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Yes! Adael and Barame are in a relationship and West is a close friend. I'd love to see any of them drawn together :)

D&D Character

Character Name: Beatrice
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/fey
Gender expression: Cis-Woman
Personality: Reserved, Kind-Hearted, Loyal with a bit of a cheeky streak.
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) Any
Brief physical description of the character: Beatrice is somewhat on the short and stocky side with a brown bob-cut, and brown eyes. She also has a magic pink gemstone embed into the back of her left hand.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Fairy forest, Fantasy city, Spiders also make for good theming
Anything else we need to know: Nothing I can think of, but feel free to ask :)
Ahh I'm so excited!

Character Name: Captain Hawk
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/CaptainHawk
Gender expression: he/him
Personality:morally grey, hardened, charming, selfish, secretly lovelorn.
I prefer to receive: Anything!
Brief physical description of the character:Remi stands at a solid five feet and eleven inches tall. His body is toned and strong, with a soft stomach. His hair is long, thick and extremely curly, I usually rests at chest length, occasionally a bit shorter, and is either tied back or left to hang freely about his person. Remi's eyes are a soft grey-blue that is cold. He is missing his left hand and in it's placement is usually a hook but is also switched out with other tools occasionally.

His face is strong and sharply shaped with short and unruly facial hair.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) ocean, pirate ship, beach, saloon.
Sizal
Character Name: Sizal
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1471028
Species:Deity/serpent
Gender expression:female
Personality: Quiet, empathetic, curious, easily charmed, calm, patient, and loyal
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) either
Brief physical description of the character:
She is female in appearance and biologically, essentially a human body. She has pale skin with occasional black iridescent scales on her body. She has a hour glass figure with a well endowed chest. Her eyes are unknown to most as she hides them behind fabric, it's not like her eyes would be much used to her as she had been blind since her inception. Her hair is long and black with a purple tint when the light shines right on her hair.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) woods, a room
Anything else we need to know: have fun

Valentina
Character Name: Valentina
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1459554
Species: Vampire
Gender expression: female
Personality: Adaptable, Clever, Compassionate, Elegant, Empathic, Gentle, Romantic, Sexy
Brief physical description of the character: Valentiná is woman with a hour-glass figure, her complexion is a more red tone brown though she has half a skull 'painted' oh her upper face, in the Dia de los Muertos style. Her dark brown hair is naturally straight though she purposely makes it wavy at least. She wears a usual color pallet of reds and blacks. Her eyes are ruby red though she can make people believe that it's brown.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) fancy room, in a town
Anything else we need to know: have fun!

Ixchel
Character Name: Ixchel
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1451737
Species: Human/magical being
Gender expression: female
Personality: stubborn, kind, caring, rather just fight than talk
Brief physical description of the character: Short, brown skin, black hair, turquoise eyes and is sturdy, not too big not too thin.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) battlegrounds, Aztec inspired scenery
Anything else we need to know: she is a warrior have fun

yes
Ilmarinen Moderator

Let's-a go!

Character Name: Sivwikkas
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/sivwikkas
Species: isswas (bipedal four-armed alien)
Gender expression: androgynous
Personality: Nervous and naive to a fault. They constantly worry about how they are perceived by their peers and superiors, and desperately want to prove themself as competent. Very intelligent, but perhaps not very wise.
Brief physical description of the character: A diminutive vaguely-amphibian alien with four arms and a worried smile. Triple-bulbed antennae as well as color changing spots always make it particularly obvious how they're feeling.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Academia, space stations, anything sci-fi or hackery.
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to reinterpret their outfits! The black caps on their toes are like little shoes. I haven't fully decided all the details of their color changing ability, so you can interpret that if you'd like.

Character Name: "the dragon"/Gullintanni/Heimdall
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/gullintanni
Species: dragon
Gender expression: none/agender
Personality: Stoic and sleepy. It enjoys riddles, and can be quite impish when the mood strikes it.
Brief physical description of the character: A colossal black dragon with beady grey eyes, ram's horns, and thick, spiky scales. Occasionally its scales are carved or inset with gemstones. It wears a gold ring around its left ring finger.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Anywhere! The dragon is my mascot/online persona, so it can be depicted in ways that seem "out of character," such as sitting at a computer, etc.
Anything else we need to know: It no longer wears the Thor's hammer pendant.

Character Name: Ramsay
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/chef
Species: goron (Legend of Zelda)
Gender expression: masculine
Personality: Very loud, enthusiastic, and gruff. When working with professionals he can become downright mean, refusing to coddle anyone who he thinks should be pulling their weight.
Brief physical description of the character: A chunky goron with a big white beard and a little white top knot. He doesn't wear much, in proper goron fashion, but his stony skin keeps him protected from the elements.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Mountains, hot springs, lava baths, hot kitchens
Anything else we need to know: He likes to hang out with Koroks!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants?: No thank you!
Neat. I'll revise this later:

Characters under the cut

Character Name: Reburn
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Ref sheet
Gender expression: Male
Personality: Laid-back like a hot summer afternoon
I prefer to receive: either
Brief physical description of the character: Twentysomething in shiny, fire-resistant costume.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Urban skies
Anything else we need to know: Superhero genre
Character Name: Wasp
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1456549
Personality: Reserved
I prefer to receive: Full-body with his plastic coat on
Brief physical description of the character: See profile
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) N/A
Anything else we need to know: N/A
Character Name: Ravon
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Assorted pictures
Species: Computer virus
Personality: Evil in the streets, anxious in the sheets
I prefer to receive: either
Brief physical description of the character: A computer program with sickly yellow circuitry and clawed fingertips
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) The Grid
Anything else we need to know: TRON fan character
No thank you
Character name; Turvold Thornmight
Link to Character's profile; https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1455411
Species; Jotunn
Gender expression; Masculine
Personality; He is cold and silent at first, but once he warms up to you, he is an honest, kind-hearted defender.
I prefer to receive; Full body please!
Brief physical description; He's built like Greg Kovac, but with a much more muscular gut and a bigger back to haul around the massive, table-sized blade that's taller than him. He has a thick, long white beard that is bound by metal bands and a white dutch braid that runs to the backs of his knees. He has furred armor, protecting his gut area, with a loincloth covering his front and back that reaches down to his ankles, with his legs, chest, back, and arms exposed. His right arm is a stony black, with veins of icy blue running through the cracks.
Suggested environments(if the artist feels like adding a background) Cold, snowy mountains or a dense, snowy forest are always a good bet!
Anything else we need to know; Nope!
Character Name: Orithaumos
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: "Demon Hunt (Anyone Welcome)" is a thread featuring it.
Species: Demon (Greed, Pride)
Gender expression: N/A
Personality: Intelligent, egotistical, aloof, and confident
I prefer to receive: Full body art.
Brief physical description of the character: Roughly forty meters tall, with black skin that seemed to absorb all light. It had the lower body of a scorpion, with human arms in place of legs. It had six arms, one of which had translucent strings reminiscent of puppet strings. It had no discernable facial features other than two perfectly round, glowing white eyes. It has a third eye, which looks like a circular, sky-blue lamp
Suggested environments: Whatever feels fitting. I don't really care.
Character name: Jacob Wright
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: N/A.
Personality: Mentally and emotionally scarred, empathetic, and a little unhinged.
I prefer to receive: Full body art
Brief physical description: Tall and skinny, with medium-length black hair, blueish-gray eyes, and an expression vaguely reminiscent of fear and surprise, regardless of what he is feeling. (He still has facial expressions, but they are always mixed with those emotions)
Suggested environments: N/A

Character Name: Ashley Windsor
Gender Expression: Female
Personality: Caring, sympathetic, sharp-witted, practical, and vivacious. Enjoys music, and plays the guitar.
I prefer to receive: Full body art
Brief physical Desc: Long, mid-back length red hair, Bright green eyes, and a perpetual smirk. She is tall but shorter than Jacob, and she is moderately well-built. She commonly wears comical graphic tees and leggings.
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants Not Orithaumos. Jacob and Ashley, yes.

Anything else: Jacob and Ashley are longtime friends, and they are around 15-17 years old.
Wanting to give this a try this yearrrr.

Character Name: McKenna Stone
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: McKenna’s Profile
Gender expression: Female, clothing style more masculine leaning
Personality: Quiet and reclusive, determined, loyal
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) Either
Brief physical description of the character: Black undercut, almond brown eyes, small frame, several facial and ear piercings, single tattoo on l arm (details on page)
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) depends on how she is depicted; if shown in a usual out of Vigilante costume style, maybe in a park or something. If in Vigilante costume, somewhere dark and dreary; back alley, too if a building at night, etc
Anything else we need to know: I would love art of her in her Vigilante costume, something dark and mysterious - but her costume isn’t concrete. There’s a page with her costume (‘Fighting For’) that I generated with a character generator, and I have another rendition from an amazing artist here that shows a great example of what I had in mind as well (‘The Future’).
GU7TMUNCH3RZ

((I cannot draw humans as well as i do furries))

Character Name: Ryan
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/RobotBuddy
Species: robot
Gender expression: male
Personality: bubbly
I prefer to receive: full body art
Brief physical description of the character: mostly pink, with red areas on arm, a green orb growing from his head and a pink flower on his head
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): flower feilds
Anything else we need to know: Ryan loves meeting new people!

Yes!

Character Name: Wyatt
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
Species:click here!
Personality: Generally nonchalant
I prefer to receive: either is fine!
Brief physical description of the character: Mostly blue fur with hints of orange, circular blue pearl on forehead and stripes on face
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Jungle
Anything else we need to know: Wyatt is a wild child

Yes
GigaBit

Character Name: Nick Reyes/Shadelight
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here is the link to his profile You can ask for extra reference if you like.
Species: I don't really know what they are, but they look human
Gender expression: Masculine
Personality: Nick: Really strong-willed and hates to be bound by rules and expectations. He's not necessarily a rule-breaker, though. Shadelight: Cold and calculating, doesn't care what others think or do. He enjoys causing pain to others when Nick lets him out.
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either)
Brief physical description of the character: Shadelight and Nick look basically the same, except for the color of their eyes. I'll detail that later. They both stand at around 5' 11" and have a skinny but slightly muscular build. They have black hair that is short and messy. Nick's eyes are sapphire blue while Shade's are a dark maroon. I'd like Nick to be wearing a dark gray button-up longsleeve with a black vest, black dress pants, and black gloves. I'd like Shade to be wearing the same thing, only with the color's switched, replacing black with dark gray.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Either the 1920s/30s or modern-day in a city, preferably at night. These are the two time periods I love using for them, either is great.
Anything else we need to know: Their powers revolve around darkness and shadows, so their shadows could take on different positions, kind of like the Shadow Man from Princess and the Frog

I'd love for them to be drawn together because they are bound to each other, one cannot exist without the other.
Character Name: Lilith Belasco
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1470706
Gender expression: Female
Personality: Neutral as long as it is good for her she's good.
Brief physical description of the character: Lilith is a fair-skinned young woman with grey, silvery, hair. Her eyes are likewise grey. Pink lips and a small beauty mark on the right-hand corner of her lips. Dressed typically in large gowns.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Anything steam punkish. She lives in a very typical steampunk-type world that she doesn't necessarily fit into too well.
Anything else we need to know: Lilith is very soft a little bit naive. Her hair is typically kept pinned up because she does like to do work and it helps to keep her hair out of said work.

Didn't put anyone else this year so nope ^^
Character Name: Giget
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/106692
Species: Mixed Humanoid
Gender expression: Feminine
Personality: Kind, confident, prone to hyper-focusing on tasks, distrust for authority
I prefer to receive: either!
Brief physical description of the character: A woman who is well-built with a slight 'padding' and a bit of an hourglass shape, prosthetic right arm and shoulder, warm tan skin tone, hands/feet have 4 digits each, coppery eyes, blue-black hair.
Suggested environments: Some sort of forge or workshop, her tech tends to be clockwork, tesla-punk, or a mix between the two.
Anything else we need to know: Her original prosthetic isn't her own design, but she often works on prototypes for replacements, often with specialized functions in mind.

Character Name: Ilu'Koddi
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1463478
Species: Cuttlefish-Scylla
Gender expression: Feminine
Personality: Determined, either highly skittish or clingy, spirited
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) either!
Brief physical description of the character: A purple cephalopod-girl with tentacle hair. She has 6 "leg" tentacles with the 2 at her sides being a longer than the others and 2 more thinner, long tentacles coming out of her back. None of her tentacles have noticeable suckers on them and the undersides are smooth and typically a lighter shape of purple or muted pink. She often shows many of her turquoise bioluminescent spots all over her skin, but the most concentrated photophores are on her underside, underside of her "hair" and the inside of her mouth. Her eyes are a similar turquoise and can also glow,, her pupils are 'w' shaped in the light, and her scyllera are dark.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Underwater or on land(but probably somewhere realistically close to water), possibly hunting something. Or maybe avoiding notice in a populated area. She likes barrels to hide, sleep, or roll around in.
Anything else we need to know: She can change the color and texture of her skin to be more intimidating express emotion, or to hide, but her mastery over that ability isn't perfect. Areas of her skin changing to blue or pink is very common.

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants: /b] Yeah. Draw them with each other or even your OC if you feel like it.
Character Name: Scarlet Bloodbath
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/Scarlet-Bloodborn
Species: Cat God
Personality: Fierce, Savage, Murderous, Righteous
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) Full Body
Brief physical description of the character: Cat with Dark red fur, Pure black eyes, and enchanted jewelry with dark red gems. She also has a menacing aura and a dark red glow
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Battlefield fighting magic cats
Anything else we need to know: She is a warrior goddess, and if you do the battlefield feel free to add any kind of other magic cats, Scarlet can manipulate blood

knightofheart

Character Name: Branch Durzum
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1472197
Species: half orc/half tiefling
Gender expression: male
Personality: reserved and a little pessimistic, empathetic, tough exterior
I prefer to receive: would prefer full body
Brief physical description of the character: very large and muscular, small horns on his forehead, a little underbite with sharp lower teeth, a tail with a spiked tip. Covered in scars. Most of his body (torso and arms, some of his upper legs) is covered in a lightning pattern scar. He has a couple facial scars as shown in the reference art on his page.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) a bar, or really just whatever you’re feeling
Anything else we need to know: he wears lots of rings on his fingers, and he also is a sorcerer so if you can feel free to include magic. Also feel free to run wild with creativity, I like when an artist interprets a character differently
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Character Name: Lucifer (yes, that Lucifer)
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Rpr Profile Page
Species: Fallen Angel
Personality: Arrogant, Superior, Angry, Stubborn, Secretly very hurt and lonely
Brief physical description of the character: A lean, pale man covered in shimmering golden/bronze scars. His hair is a light brown, long and wavy with streaks of a paler blonde running through it as well as decorating the tips, His eyes are clear amber and he always appears to be crying golden tears. There are 7 horns coming out of head like a crown. Three on the left, three on the right and one from his forehead. May but does not have to be drawn with two large angel wings whose feathers are dark, dirty brown tipped with coal black.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Hellscape, Fancy Castle, Steampunk world elements
Anything else we need to know: This version of Lucifer Morningstar was created for a very specific rp world with a specific backstory and motivation only loosely related to anything Biblical. Please no pitchforks or fiddles! He dresses mostly in browns, yellows, gold and red. He has a very upper noble, military, steam punk aesthetic as far as clothing and such.

Character Name: Dayaxa An'Toril
Species: Elf
Personality: Calm, Rational, Kind, Gentle, Artistic, Wise, Old
Brief physical description of the character: Daya has too forms. During the day her skin is warm brown, her freckles are dark, her hair is purple and her eyes glow faintly. During the night her skin is a dark purple, her freckles glow white, her hair glows white and her eyes glow much more strongly.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Temple, Glade, Moonscape, Her statue garden
Anything else we need to know: Please keep in mind which form you are drawing. Don't draw her night form in broad daylight or vice versa! Daya tends to dress in whites and purples and favors loose, flowing fabrics. She always has that purple crystal on a strap around her neck.

Character Name: Rixori
Species: Tiefling
Personality: Quiet, Shy, Studious, Determined, Horribly embarrassed by her magic
Brief physical description of the character: Maroon skin, Short cropped pink/orange/yellow hair, Scaly horns that wrap over her head and around her neck, Big violet eyes behind thin gold framed glasses
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Traveling on the road, Studying in a library, Covered in spaghetti!
Anything else we need to know: Rixori is definitely a meme character so feel free to have fun with her and her magic! As far as clothing she tends to prefer autumnal colors and comfortable traveling gear.

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants:
There is a canon AU where Lucifer and Daya know each other so you could draw them together. Rix... Eh, she's a crazy meme character. Go nuts.
Character Name: Edward
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://i.imgur.com/ULPi0Em.png , Does have a human form but I haven’t finished drawing it yet.
Species: Atavitae https://www.rprepository.com/g/atavitae - Gator, Manatee, Cottonmouth and Red tail catfish
Personality: Friendly, lazy but can switch into full Florida man mode, has an extensive criminal record for stupid stuff
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) full body
Brief physical description of the character: Short, fat manatee/gator creature with mottled catfish pattern
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) swamps
Anything else we need to know: Has a pet Roomba

Character Name: Amu
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/Amuhkat
Species: Sphinx
Personality: typical cat, she is a queen and everyone should bow to her
Brief physical description of the character: A sphinx the size of an adult polar bear, reds and bronze furs, covered in eyes
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) luxury, moroccan/turkish themed
Anything else we need to know: Please don’t slim her down, she is a big girl

No
fig

Character Name: Adlai
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here, content warning though for some potential gross stuff.
Species: Dhampir; half vampire, half human.
Gender expression: Fluid! Adlai does not identify in any direction. They can best be described as androgynous.
Personality: Adlai is a trader of secrets and information. They are very stealthy and subversive and ambitious. Their main goals are to eat (dreams and. some other less pg-13 things) and to have status in whatever society they're currently inhabiting. They are, in essence, very spiderlike and manipulative.
I prefer to receive: Either!
Brief physical description of the character: Bald; Adlai suffers from alopecia universalis, so they have no body hair whatsoever to speak of. This includes eyebrows and eyelashes. Silver eyes that are very reflective. Wears a goth's dream in terms of makeup and clothes; smudgy black kohl around the eyes and on the mouth, a shadowy look that blurs out around all of the edges almost like a ghost would. Black clothes, always; thigh-length heeled boots and lace stockings, short skirts or shorts, tunic tops or otherwise. Feel free to go hog-wild here. They wear lots of silver jewelry as well, only piercings being their ears, with general morbid themes (they have a shiny pair of guillotine earrings).
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): If you so choose, Adlai has really dark quarters in their home. Very dim lighting, very shadowy, lots of black and purple. You can take any liberties you'd like with this, and with the background just generally; I am in no way picky.
Anything else we need to know: Adlai doesn't have any bite-marks from being turned into a vampire, so no dots on the neck here! They were born as they are. Adlai cultivates night-blooming plants as well, and is an avid little nighttime gardener. Adlai has sunlight sensitivity, so depictions in the daylight are a general no-go (unless you really feel motivated to draw them in their sunlight-garb, which I describe in their profile...)

Character Name: Ivo
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here!
Species: Norwegian Forest cat
Personality: A kindly old cat wizard! Ivo is nearing his seventies but his pace has in no way slowed. Intellectual mind that looooves puzzles and specifically cursebreaking! Any curse at all, he's your cat. Very fatherly but very fiery; he has been known to bring many an underling to tears with his heated outbursts. Quite apologetic about those, though; he is ultimately fair, kind, and dedicated to magic. Just very passionate.
Brief physical description of the character: The fur is VOLUMINOUS, please see the actual breed of Norwegian Forest kitties for reference of just how floofy. His fur is thick and and full of lots of colors like cream, orange, tan, chocolate, you name it. If it's a natural color, he has it (save for black). The fur around his neck and on his chest is just a little bit longer than the rest of his body and it suggests the appearance of a Gandalfian wizard's beard. He wears white dress shirts with decorative waistcoats (gold threading mostly) that are usually either black, red, or indigo in color. Trousers and boots that are slightly pointed, too, as well as different varieties of wizard's hats (described in more detail on his profile; he doesnt have to wear it). Also wears a cloak sometimes!
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) A library or study would be nice, with lots of gold and red themes around. I am not picky, my only suggestion is that he is SO CLUTTERED AND MESSY
Anything else we need to know: He is a wizard, and can perform a wide variety of spells! He also really likes clockwork things, especially little critters; he makes some of his own that are enchanted.

Character Name: Enosh
Species: Automaton
Personality: Very businesslike businessman. Enosh is a black market weapons dealer. If there's something you need, he can get it for you. Resourceful, intimidating due to his size and appearance, and very ruthless when he wants to be. Enosh is also very kind and generous, especially towards those who need help. He has many fledglings under his wing, so to speak, and keeps close and careful eyes on them, doing his utmost to help and support them as best as he can in what he sees as a big-brother type role, but in reality he functions more like a father.
Brief physical description of the character: 6'11" metal behemoth. Pale blue-silver in color with clockwork eyes that are colored with yellow and blue stained glass. He wears warcoats (think Elder Maxson from Fallout 4) over tailored suits that tend to be black or grey. He is a very dapper individual, and very very large. No hair and wears a nice hat a good portion of the time.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Any really, no preference! He hangs around a lot of different places. He does have a few warehouses with junk everywhere in them if that's helpful.
Anything else we need to know: Nothing I can think of!

Character Name: Ove
Species: Forest spirit
Personality: Very oaflike. Ove is a huge softie, gentle and sweet, a pacifist. His intellect is limited but his emotional capacity runs deep, and he chooses kindness over absolutely everything. He tends to wounded forest creatures, provides protection for weary travelers, and guides those who find themselves lost in the forest back onto the right track. He is very much a guardian of the forest he inhabits, and a very friendly giant despite his appearance and size.
Brief physical description of the character: A hulking (~15') green guy (pun not intended) with a huge rack of twisty horns. He is covered in shaggy fur that is a deep forest green color, his horns just a bit lighter. This fur is home sometimes to little creatures, and often to things like sticks, leaves, and even the occasional flower. His mouth is not visible even when speaking or eating, buried in this fur, and all that is discernible are his little round black eyes.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): The forest! It's where he lives.
Anything else we need to know: He likes bugs and butterflies, they land on him a lot. He eats bark and grass and fruit. Uhhhh. He sleeps a lot and hibernates in winter.

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no): Ivo created Enosh, so drawing them together would be kind of cool. Enosh and Adlai know each other but do not like each other; they use each other for information. In short: only if you'd like to!
*MANIFESTS OUT OF THIN AIR*

Here we go! This time, I'm offering characters who have the least amount of art. Pick your poison:

Character Name: Bailey Palmer
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1463595/414431
Personality: Mischievous, well-mannered, clumsy, disorganized, and outgoing.
Brief physical description of the character: A pre-teen girl with scruffy white hair, pale red eyes, and round glasses. She wears an oversized royal purple robe, with sleeves so long they cover her hands.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): The great outdoors, or any fantasy-type setting!
Anything else we need to know: Bailey is a shapeshifter! Drawing her as any kind of beast is allowed and encouraged, just remember to keep it albino and we're good!
Also, please don't draw her anthro if shapeshifted, thank you!

Character Name: Eleanor Newmann
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/symbiont/418808
Personality: Overworked, responsible, brave, and a bit off her rocker.
Brief physical description of the character: A tall woman with tanned skin and silvery hair. Wears a pristine labcoat, a blue v-neck blouse, and gray dress pants.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Any futuristic, sci-fi, or space-themed setting would be perfect!
Anything else we need to know: If you want to, you can draw her under Elliot's control! Appearance hardly changes, aside from dark sclerae, white irises, and the loose strand of hair on her head resembles one of Elliot's antenna.

Character Name: Terrane
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/jewelkeeper/437518
Species: Quarridae (wingless jewel dragon thing)
Personality: Bitter, foul-mouthed, manipulative, spiteful, grumpy, and gloomy.
Brief physical description of the character: A quadrupedal dragon-like beast with an eyeless, skeletal visage. Has a brown skin tone with gold accents. Various green jewels travel down her spine, crown the sides of her head, and decorate her shoulders and hips.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Any fantasy setting or mountainous range would work well!
Anything else we need to know: Terrane is trapped in a pendant, so feel free to use that as you wish.

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no):
You may draw Bailey and Terrane together! (Just a heads up, they don't like each other.) If you plan on drawing Eleanor, please draw her solo!
Auberon Moderator

I'M GONNA DO IT THIS YEAR!!

Character Name: Corbeau
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here (Contains barbie nudity/base and all tattoos on transparency) and RPR profile (contains sensitive themes and cursing, but all nudity is thumbnailed/censored and labeled as such)
Species: Discentem Corvidae (Crow shapeshifter that can take on human form)
Gender expression: Femme
Personality: Ostensibly outgoing, gregarious, and lewd but secretly a repressed, emotionally constipated mess who cries in private. Does chainsmoking count as a personality trait?
Brief physical description of the character: Twiggier than a tree in winter. No curves and only a hint of a chest. 5'3". Hair goes down to her waist and is iridescent raven black with a pop of pure white springing from the top of her head. Eyes are a blue so pale, they almost look silver. So many tattoos. So so many. Snake bite studs, several ear piercings, a septum ring, and a dermal piercing below her left eye.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) She's played in a modern setting (currently in Ireland), but could be in just about any environment otherwise. She works in a massive, centuries old archive full of books, is a professor at a university, and also frequents an old Irish pub.
Anything else we need to know: She loves leather. Like really, really loves it. Some clothing refs are included, but basically go 90s goth with a splash of punk and you've got the vibe (or if that's too difficult, oversized sweaters and PJ pants with a messy bun are also fine). Keep it as easy and low stress as you need it to be! I'm not picky.

---

Character Name: Kamala
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here (contains barbie nudity/base)
Species: Zykla (Canid anthro, closed species)
Gender expression: Femme
Personality: Literal sunshine incarnate, the nicest person you will ever meet. The physical manifestation of that special tape stopping up the leak on the large tank of water. Masks just about every single emotion with a smile and cheer.
Brief physical description of the character: 5' nothing pear-shaped canine woman with thick thighs and a mess of short ginger curls. Freckles, freckles everywhere. Her extremely fluffy tail is longer than she is tall and prehensile, and her body is dotted with brown and orange rosettes. Fur is brown, accented with cream, and her ears are very fluffy at the base and a foot tall. Her sclerae are black, and her irises are jade. She wears a special collar (included in refs) at all times.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Hookah lounge, Moroccan architecture, moonlit clearing, beach
Anything else we need to know: Worships Luna, a moon deity. Anything moon-related would be extremely on brand. She is from India, so clothing associated with that culture (especially sari) is appropriate.

No

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » ❄️ Winter Art Trade 2022 ❄️

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus