Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Howdy RPR!

Did anyone else get the new Pokémon games today? I got Violet and am having a blast with it so far!

What new Pokémon are y’all adding to your teams? Liking the open world style for the games?
Ilmarinen Moderator

I picked up Scarlet! I'm not too far yet. I had hoped there would be some of the catch/sneak mechanics from Legends in it, but I'm still enjoying myself so far. Picked Fuecoco as a starter, and I'm loving my Diglett and my tiny lil bird guy.
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

:D Oooh we could trade exclusives and starter babies! I got Sprigagito and a pile of lil’ mons.

(And a Gastly, yeeeee!)
It is SCARLET TIME.

Spriggy's my starter, and always has been since I found out we got a green kitty option. Got spoiled on his evos too, so I'm pretty solid on this choice.
Oh! I forgot that came out today! (Or yesterday? I think it was today.)

I'll need to research what version exclusives there is, specifically the gym leaders.
(I accidentally got Shield one time, but was happy about it when I discovered Allister later on.)

I'm thinking about choosing Sprigagito, which is uncommon for me, because I usually don't choose grass-types. (Except for in Shield)

I'm also thinking about getting Violet, for the purple motorcycle dragon. B-)
I grabbed Violet, and I really liked Sprigagito, but I grabbed Quaxley and my partner got Sprigagito in his Scarlet game. I'm switching up my team, but I love all of the new ones I've come across.
ChaoticHazard

Technically I got it yesterday, but just saw this post today!

I got Violet because I liked Miraidon over Koraidon. But Scarlet seems to have better paradox Pokémon from what I've seen online, though I'm sure some will grow on me.

I was going to choose Fuecoco as my starter but then learned that My older sister was going to get Sprigagito and her partner was going to get Fuecoco. I felt bad, so I chose Quaxly (now Quaxwell).

So far my favorite has to be either Shroodle or Maschiff. Though, i'm still pretty early in the game. So i'm bound to get new favorites. ^^;
Dragonfire Moderator

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play yet, but I've trekked to the lighthouse in Violet with my little Sprigatito pal! (I called her Nip.)

Aaaw I LOVE how y’all are all enjoying it so far! <3

The graphics are a bit janky, but the open world map is such a breath of fresh air!

Here if anyone wants to be friends (if we aren’t already), this is my Friend Code!:

SW–2930–8006–5619 (Copper)
I got Violet! I choses the duck starter and have bene having fun running around with my pokemon out of their pokeballs. I have a team of canine/canine-esque pokemon and am working on a back up team.... maybe cats HMMMmMMM
Ilmarinen Moderator

Xheila wrote:
I got Violet! I choses the duck starter and have bene having fun running around with my pokemon out of their pokeballs. I have a team of canine/canine-esque pokemon and am working on a back up team.... maybe cats HMMMmMMM

I've got a team of birds! :D

My team is slowly becoming half ghost; appropriate, since I love Ghost Types. <3
I've been playing it nonstop for the last week and I've gotta say, I love it. No spoilers here, but I'm pleasantly impressed! My MVPs are Mabosstiff and Daschbun - love me some decent dog pokemon.
I got Scarlet, picked the duck for a starter. But at the moment my all stars are probably my Gardevoir (named Lisa because she's tearing you apart), my Pawmot (named Pikachu because of course), and my Sableye named Sméagol. And of course I've been leveling up my Gholdengo because lols. []
Eri

I have Violet with Fuecoco and my husband has Scarlet with.. the duck. BUT I got super lucky in some surprise trades and now have all three starters AND found a ditto yesterday!!

I've never been a pokemon fan, but I got suckered by a lizard with 0 thoughts behind its eyes.

Eri wrote:
I have Violet with Fuecoco and my husband has Scarlet with.. the duck. BUT I got super lucky in some surprise trades and now have all three starters AND found a ditto yesterday!!

I've never been a pokemon fan, but I got suckered by a lizard with 0 thoughts behind its eyes.

One of us! One of us!

If you, or anybody else in this thread gets sucked into trying to breed for a shiny colored Pokémon, Link Trade Room 4 4 4 8 4 4 4 8 (no spaces) has been specifically set up to trade Dittos in different languages! I tested it last night and traded a German ditto I had for a Chinese one. <3

If you read that and now have this face: :?

There’s an in-game mechanic called the Masuda Method, which was made to encourage international trading and community. If you breed two Pokémon in different languages (i.e; a Japanese Gengar and an Italian Haunter), there’s a 1/512 chance the offspring will be shiny colored.

I’m currently drowning in Dreepy eggs. Send help.
I don't have either of them yet, but I know I'm picking the duck, as well as Iron Valiant.

I could talk to you all day about Iron Valiant. The other paradox Pokemon in Violet except for the box legendary suck, though.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus