Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Hollow City (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

In an age long past, an Elven king known as Nomeldedon allied his kingdom with the fledgling men of the land, working to defeat a great evil. Upon its defeat, he became more drawn into himself, and it is said that dark rituals commenced in his private chambers…until his city was sacked and its lord slain upon his throne. Now, centuries later, whispers on the wind have proclaimed the awakening of the Hollow City, with undead pouring out through its solemn gates by night and the strange lights and wailing by day. For this reason, High King Caldor has sent forth for adventurers eager for gold or glory to investigate the once dead city, to see if it truly has come back to life…and if its ancient king has risen along with it…

Mountain Crown Productions presents…

A remake of the Tombs of Aamon, updated to the modern lore.

The Hollow City of Nomeldion

Hey guys, it’s been some time since I’ve hosted an RP like this, but I’m excited to try it once again, and hopefully get some extra lore for my Lich King.

If you’re interested, you can either message me here or in a PM: the latter will harvest more immediate responses, but I’ll try to return here as often as I can. Again, I’m excited to begin again here on RPR, and I hope you guys enjoy this idea.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 40%
Romance is slightly desired, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

Arcol Topic Starter

High King Caldor seeking adventurers to explore ancient city: seeking brave applicants who aren’t afraid of the undead. Interested parties make their way to Skyhelm Palace.

Reward for a successful venture: 5,000 gold pieces each.

-By the High King’s decree, Scribe Thoris
I would love to do something like this I’m currently away on a school trip but if u pm me I’ll get back to u as soon as I can
I'd love to play this RP, is there a expected time we have to respond?

also if you could look at my characters, would any be eligible, or should I make a new one?

and is there any specifics to backstories?
Arcol Topic Starter

How do you mean? In the RP itself (and for 1on1 roleplays, mostly), I usually don’t mind waiting for around three days for a response, but for the group I would like to keep it so that the story remains flowing even if one person can’t respond at the time. I think I’d recommend responding in at least a day, and after I’ll poke and ask if you’re still interested, and we’d move on from there.

For backstories, I do prefer something lorefriendly or semi-lorefriendly, but I do allow people from other backgrounds in other worlds to join, as it’s a sort of massive theme in my world that there are infinite worlds and that one can travel between them if they know how. I would ask to refrain from SciFi elements mostly, but most everything else is fair game.

I hope that helps: I’m glad you asked, and I hope I was able to give a satisfactory answer.
Arcol Topic Starter

Star-God-Erebus wrote:
I'd love to play this RP, is there a expected time we have to respond?

also if you could look at my characters, would any be eligible, or should I make a new one?

and is there any specifics to backstories?

Oh, character: I think Vicculas would fit best, as I do actually have a half-demon race of sorts I’m calling the Demokai (more like Tieflings than demons, but it’s pretty much the same concept.)
Arcol Topic Starter

For those needing a lore course, I’m going to look into creating either a file with all my current progress or upload a link to my Lore-Group on Discord, where I currently have all my notes.

Lore Document
Arcol Topic Starter

Extending the time for applications: if left unfilled, will begin creating a Discord invite instead, for those interested in joining my group.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Hollow City (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus