Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What is your favourite bird(s)?

AgateTurtle Topic Starter

Penguins, shrikes and pigeons are all lovely.

I do have a favourite among pigeons, the turtle dove.
Aw yeah, and before I forget- if we're talking birds I might as well slip in one that I really do wanna honor here. I think some of y'all internet-conscious bird enjoyers might already know the story of the Kauai O'o, mostly by the audio fragment from the past century in which the last male of its species sings his lonesome love song, shortly before his entire species went extinct.

I dunno, even without the context of this bird's tragic last-recorded song it just sounds so sad. I do believe humans are partially to blame for their extinction, so that's awful too. But hey, let's not forget this guy and honor that beautiful song of his.
I like bearded vultures, magpies, and any cute little sparrow-type birds. Chickens are pretty good, too.

I got into the Final Fantasy games really late, but chocobos have also ignited my interest in any big upright birds that I can imagine being ridden in a fantasy setting, lol.
AgateTurtle Topic Starter

It is indeed sad for a bird to be last of its kind and there is no answer to its song.

---

Of course, chocobos are funny. One and imagine a bird being ridden, but it has to be the flightless ostrich type.
Owls, no particular reason. I just love owls. I remember one time I was walking on a trail and there was an owl in the tree branch that hung over the trail. The owl watched me walk up then did the head turning thing to watch me pass. We just kind of kept eye contact until I walked away. It was kind of creepy but cool at the same time.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What is your favourite bird(s)?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus