Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Show me your Star Trek fan characters!

SeraphicStar

Half a century in the past, the very first Star Trek episode, Man Trap, aired on NBC. Something was born then, something great and wonderful, and nobody even suspected the kind of impact Roddenberry's brainchild would have on not just popular culture, but science and technology as well.

This is a franchise that resonated me on several levels, and one I am very emotionally attached to. It's one of the few things that actually gets me all emotional and sappy. And this is the guy who remained stone-faced during the beginning of Up!

Nowadays Trek is everywhere. It's ingrained in our day to day life. It's not just on TV. It's everywhere. And that includes the RPR, of course, because with the interesting and varied species and universes shown in Trek, it's just... logical... that we'd all want to tell stories with them!

So, this is a request for everyone in the site to show me their Star Trek-themed characters and tell everyone a bit about them and the stories they've been involved in! I might talk about mine later on (and there's a lot to talk about, I have like eight!), but right now this is about you guys. So go wild :)

Peace and long life!
The Founder (played by Kim)

This is a Changeling character that I used to play in long space battles with Darth_Angelus' Star Wars characters back when we were kiddos who had just met on Furcadia. We played for years. Then he started making his own sci fi animated series, and eventually I helped with some of the ideas/editing/voice acting for that series. We've been friends for close to two decades now, all started over some hilarious Star Trek/Star Wars battles.
Galek Dor (played by Darth_Angelus)

Here's Galek Dor, my Star Trek Online character.

I thought it would be interesting to play as a Cardassian in a post Dominion War setting. The idea was he was a child during the war and grew up on Cardassia as it was rebuilt. He knew the Federation had saved his people and wanted to join Starfleet so he could do the same to other worlds threatened by hostile races.

When the game added a series of missions dealing with the Breen, it was particularly fun to write his take on the storyline and encountering the people that devastated his homeworld.
Xeela (played anonymously)

betazoid medical officer (and hobby biochemist) reporting for duty! haven't had any opportunity to flesh out her bio yet, but she's a bit like this guy, except that in order to control the excess noise in her mind, she allowed herself to be infested by parasitic fungus, which feeds off telepaths to sustain its sapience. it's grown greedy over time, and sometimes she worries her thoughts are not her own, but in return it enhances her senses and accelerates healing. she tries to study it for its medicinal benefits, but it's reluctant lest she discovers its weaknesses.

she believes that medicinal technology will never be more than an imitation of nature's potential, and favors research of biological remedies. it's her dream to be able to provide cheap, sustainable sources of medicine for everyone everywhere, but playing with genetics can be a volatile business, and it's only a matter of time before she brews up an indestructible super-tribble or something.

i love star trek rp for the freedom to play with pretty much any theme - somewhere out in the universe, it'll exist!

@kim - i've always fanboyed over your founder character, she's so cool. <3
Lt Donna Nickers (played anonymously)

Hello! I'm Lieutenant Nickers and am (so far) a surviving redshirt. After the Dorchat battles and the destruction of Starbase 334, I was the ranking security officer stll alive and for the most part unwounded aboard the fast cruiser U.S.S. Kwajalein. Therefore, I was acting lieutenant-commander of security.

I got my RP start in a combination Starfleet Battles game and a Star Trek Original series RP group.

Anyway, I know this topic is old but thought I would introduce myself here.
Jess (played by Abigail_Austin)

Lt Donna Nickers wrote:
Hello! I'm Lieutenant Nickers and am (so far) a surviving redshirt. After the Dorchat battles and the destruction of Starbase 334, I was the ranking security officer stll alive and for the most part unwounded aboard the fast cruiser U.S.S. Kwajalein. Therefore, I was acting lieutenant-commander of security.

I got my RP start in a combination Starfleet Battles game and a Star Trek Original series RP group.

Anyway, I know this topic is old but thought I would introduce myself here.

😮

Did somebody say Star Trek?!

Jessica Campbell here (modified) was an ensign in a very brief Star Trek: TNG RP I did.

Of course, Commander Riker hit on her (because who doesn't he hit on?), so that was entertaining.

Welcome. Nice thread to resurrect!
Lt Donna Nickers (played anonymously)

That sounds awesome Jess! I did RP as Ensign Chantelle Nickers in a Starfleet TOS RP a number of years ago and the storyline had her have a one night stand with Kirk resulting in a child (typically cheesey). I took that storyline and developed the child into Donna here for a Starfleet Battles game.

Riker the ladies man! It was good to see he settled down with Deanna Troi in the recent 'Picard' series.
My Star Trek 'hottie' list is Scotty in TOS, Riker in TNG, Sisko in DS9, and Chakotay in Voyager.
My favorte episode of TOS is Mirror Mirror and I liked 'Frame of Mind' in TNG. (My Star Trek geekiness is showing)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Show me your Star Trek fan characters!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus