Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Modern RP Group: The City (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Not many people understand, but the world that they live in may only be one of many out there. In most cases, the walls between worlds prevent travel from one world to the next. But, walls surrounding one world are weak, allowing rifts to open that connect it to the others worlds. Rifts leading to this one world can even be opened by people. In particular, one city sees these rifts more frequently than others. Over time it came known as a hub or crossroads for inter-dimensional travelers. Of course, such travel is not completely without risk. Some travelers experience what's become known as 'Traveler's Amnesia', which causes the traveler to forget about the worlds they have been to once they return to their own world.

Though Humans take up most of the population of this world, other creatures live within it as well. Lycans, Dragons, and the elusive Kitsune also live within the world. When each first emerged in the world, they brought chaos with them. Recently, a faction emerged that is opposed to anyone who isn't Human.

The City is a modern RP group that uses a multi-world theme to allow maximum interaction between characters. Any character, from any time or world can come and go as they please. The City need not be canon to your character's world, should you choose. While I am very flexible, excessive gore and sex scenes are NOT ALLOWED. I do expect everyone to be respectful to one another when RPing, please and thank you very much.

http://www.rprepository.com/group/group.php?gID=2083
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts,

Could you explain like is it also fanasty where fanasty charachters can join? I'm a little confused
SilverSlayer21 Topic Starter

Scarletwolf wrote:
Could you explain like is it also fanasty where fanasty charachters can join? I'm a little confused

Yeah. Sci-fi and Fantasy characters also can get in on the action.
wolfe

Can I join?

wolfe wrote:
Can I join?

Of course you can. I did make this group to allow maximum character interactivity. Anyone can join as long as they maintain a respectful attitude towards others.

*Edit*
Tbh, I am glad that anyone at all is showing any sort of interest towards this. I was sort of worried that this topic would just get brushed aside. But I'm glad it hasn't yet.
wolfe

Yeah it's seems really awesome and amazing

wolfe wrote:
Yeah it's seems really awesome and amazing

Thanks. I really liked the idea of a setting that allows characters who normally wouldn't be able to interact with one another due to thematical differences.

Of course, I'm not stopping any quote-unquote bad guys from joining the group. If you wanted to make a character that's a major player for the Slayers, I'm down with that. It's better than cutting down waves of weak npc Slayers, you know?

I have renamed the group I have made 'The Crossroads'. I do hope that there are people out there interesting in checking it out, despite me not giving it the attention it deserves, which I hope to try and change in the near future.

EDIT: New link because the old one doesn't work, it seems. https://www.rprepository.com/group-site/2083
This is a brilliant idea! If you don't mind me being kinda new to RP, I'd love to join in.

Greyson_Howler wrote:
This is a brilliant idea! If you don't mind me being kinda new to RP, I'd love to join in.

The point of the group is for anyone's characters to be able to interact with one another, of course. It doesn't matter to me how much experience a person has, so long as everyone is respectful to one another.
Hi there!

I really like this concept! I am interested in joining if that is ok with you!

Colorful wrote:
Hi there!

I really like this concept! I am interested in joining if that is ok with you!

Of course! Anyone is free to join. Like I've mentioned before, the group is meant to allow interaction between characters whose settings wouldn't normally allow them to interact with one another.
Hi! I'd really like to join, if the opportunity is still open. Also I'm new here, so could you explain how it works a little? Do we just write on here, or is there a separate link? Thanks!

Spirit wrote:
Hi! I'd really like to join, if the opportunity is still open. Also I'm new here, so could you explain how it works a little? Do we just write on here, or is there a separate link? Thanks!

Of course you can. This is a post that advertises my group which can be found with this link: https://www.rprepository.com/group-site/2083
I made the group with the intention of allowing as many people's characters as possible to interact with one another, as the setting for the group allows for many different worlds to connect to the city itself, which is in it's own world. One could think of the city as a rest stop for those travelling between worlds, and you do not have to consider interactions you have with other characters in the city cannon to your own if that's what you want.
Hey! I'd love to join in!

Numosa wrote:
Hey! I'd love to join in!

Group is open for anyone wanting to join. Just send in your application.
this sounds fun! i'm interested in joining!!
Nyctelia

A very interesting concept!

I was wondering though..
- Is there any requirement on activity as a player? I'm not sure how active I can be with school going on (I'll be on for most of the week, but still), so I just wanted to check, first!
- Will this be a plot-based RP, or a character-based one?
- On the group page you said, "Magic can only overcome certain normal physical limits". Could you explain this a little more to me?

Nyctelia wrote:
A very interesting concept!

I was wondering though..
- Is there any requirement on activity as a player? I'm not sure how active I can be with school going on (I'll be on for most of the week, but still), so I just wanted to check, first!
- Will this be a plot-based RP, or a character-based one?
- On the group page you said, "Magic can only overcome certain normal physical limits". Could you explain this a little more to me?

Good questions. Firstly, there is no specific requirement in terms of activity; A rp between characters can last for as long as people would like the rp to last, and as long as you make a proper exit for your character in a multi-character rp, leaving shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Secondly, I had no particular focus on what kind of rp it's meant to be; I just wanted to make a group that would allow characters from vastly different settings a chance to interact with one another.

Lastly, by saying magic can overcome certain physical limits, I mean that magic can be used to let humans jump higher and be able to fall further without injury(based on real life human limitations, of course; the average person does not have a very impressive jumping height, after all), as well as certain feats such as double jumps.

Hopefully I answered your questions to a satisfactory degree. There is still a lot I need to do in terms of fleshing out the setting for my group, to be honest(after all, the sections on Dragons and Kitsune haven't even been started for one), and I really shouldn't be taking having a group to run lightly. Still, this is my first one, so it should be expected that I'm not quite going to be on top of everything. I hope that people who do join and those who have already joined understand that fact.
Hey! If there's still spots open, is it okay if I join? it sounds super interesting!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Modern RP Group: The City (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus