Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Art Contest: Genre Mascots

Kim Site Admin

One of the things that makes the RPR great is the amazing variety of characters and games that are represented here. By now, the "genre jumble" group on the home page is quite familiar:

groupshot2.png

But it's time to widen the scope!

Pick one (or more) or the following genres or suggest a new one, and draw an original character that you think embodies the spirit of that genre.
  • Fantasy
  • Sci-fi
  • Steampunk
  • Mutants
  • Anthro/Furre
  • Cyberpunk
  • Superheroes
  • Fae
  • Creatures: Wolves, Dragons, etc...

The entries will be judged based on how well they appeal to their particular genre, creativity, effort, and skill, in that order.

Rules:
1. Must be your own creation
2. Cannot be a previously made character
3. You must agree that if chosen, your drawing may be displayed on the RP Repository website
4. Keep your images appropriate for a PG-13 type audience
5. Have fun!

Prizes:
The winning genre mascots will be combined into their own genre jumble, and featured on the home page! There will also be epic memberships, bookmarks and permanent extra character slots given away.

Deadline:
May 16th. That gives you the whole month of April plus a weekend to get your illustratios done.

Thanks to Amirrora for taking the initiative to plan this contest. Consider her my deputy helping to run it.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

What about modern horror, vampires and such?
Ilmarinen Moderator

Are chainmail bikinis allowed?
Sanne Moderator

Heimdall wrote:

I'm assuming -anything- is allowed as long as it falls within the PG-13 rating and sticks to the chosen theme. Chainmail bikinis doesn't sound very PG-13 to me, but there shouldn't be a problem if you keep it tasteful and nudity-free. :)
Ooooo I can't wait to see what people come up with!
*is a writer, not an artist, sadly*
Heimdall wrote:

Chainmail bikini? I've heard that joke somewhere before... But where?

1-10 means can't remember.
11-15 I remembered.
16-20 I quit caring about remembering.

rolled 2d10 and got 3

Darth_Angelus Moderator

Princess Leia's infamous bikini was from a movie rated PG-13 (or lower) :)
Good luck to all~ and have fun! <3
I'm going to have fun with thisss.
Hopefully I won't forget to work on my homework, too rofl
Ha ha! Make sure not to let it overcome your RL responsibilities guys! You have plenty of time, so don't worry.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Chainmail bikinis can be PG-13 for sure, depending on how much coverage they provide. Remember, going to the beach is in fact a G-rated activity. ;)
Seeing as how my two favorite characters are Fae, I'm really hoping somebody gets in a really good Fae entry so it'll hopefully be added. >w<
Since this is going so slow, maybe I'll do up a quick entry to get the ball rolling (and hey, if it's chosen, one less piece of art I have to do as a prize!... But then I did art anyways. Ha ha.)

But I think if people see an entry, maybe it will inspire them to try.
I only opened the thread to see if there was an entry lol I'm interested... but I'm SOOO lazy XD

Also, I have a question. I have these two characters I drew as prototypes for a convention, but they were never used... they're technically not already made characters... I was just curious if I could enter one or not.
Kim wrote:
Chainmail bikinis can be PG-13 for sure, depending on how much coverage they provide. Remember, going to the beach is in fact a G-rated activity. ;)

Not if it's a beach in Germany. XD
SeraphicStar

CelestinaGrey wrote:
Kim wrote:

Not if it's a beach in Germany. XD

Oh, yes. :/
Darth_Angelus Moderator

So far it looks like there's a good chance of winning this contest, if you can draw, it's worth entering! :)
Hoping this will encourage people to enter.
Quick Fantasy Entry

Some fantasy/magical girl I doodled up. only took me about an hour due to layer cheating (copying the lineart and using the fill-bucket on the copied lines underneath the original lines) then doing a quick shading job on top.

Come guys! Let's see some stuff!
Oh, and perhaps this song may inspire some of you. I used it while drawing her. Ha ha. Probably why she's so bizarre looking.

PS: Doing this didn't get me out of doing a piece of art. Cause I still did art anyways. Ha ha.
I want to know if I can enter this lady... even though she was drawn already... Is that breaking the rules?
f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
I want to know if I can enter this lady... even though she was drawn already... Is that breaking the rules?

Sort of. She has to be a newly made character just for this contest. Can't have been pre-made. And she has a name, so I'm assuming she's an already made character.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Art Contest: Genre Mascots

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus