Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Necro Deterrence Idea

So... random thought just popped into my head!

When replying to a dated thread, there is indeed the notice that informs you of you're doing so!

Once a thread has already been pulled up from the grave though, its tacked right to the front of the Forum it is part of, which tends to be most peoples way of assuming its fresh!

When looking at the Forums and the Threads on them, there is the TOPIC | AUTHOR | and LAST REPLY which are marked before you even open the thread to view it. On the Last Reply column, there is the clearly dated time and date of that reply as well.

Could the time and date maybe be posted under the AUTHOR column of a thread for people to see, before they even click on it? Generated when someone first Adds A Topic to a Forum, that would just stay there as a reminder of when the thread was made. (Small text and in parenthesis as well), just like the Last Reply Column?

Just an idea that was rolling in my brain! =P
Understandable if it maybe puts too many dates and numbers on the thread though... *shrugs*
psionicburst

This would be a beneficial feature to add, seeing as you miss it the first time, the only way to view the date is under the profile image (and it's really small to begin with).
Rogue-Scribe

Meh. There has to be some responsibility left to people. If they can’t be bothered to look at dates on their own, it isn’t a need to put it on to the site to have to remind people that it is an old topic. The fact this site does say the topic is old is about as far in that direction it needs to go. Just because some topic and what was said in it is old don’t make it any less relevant. I prefer the energies of Kim and the others be put to more relevant things than to date every little thing. People do have to see to things for themselves on occasion.
Kim Site Admin

Some topics continue for YEARS and are still relevant. Some necroing is totally legit.

Given that, I feel for the most part that the current balance we have right now is about right -- though the new version of the site will automatically mark LFRP topics as (CLOSED) after a few months of inactivity. (The OP can easily re-open them, of course.)
psionicburst

Kim wrote:
Some topics continue for YEARS and are still relevant. Some necroing is totally legit.

Given that, I feel for the most part that the current balance we have right now is about right -- though the new version of the site will automatically mark LFRP topics as (CLOSED) after a few months of inactivity. (The OP can easily re-open them, of course.)

Alright guys, this is the answer. Pack it up. Thread's over.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Necro Deterrence Idea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus