Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » ~ Character Showcase ~

Rogue-Scribe

Character Profile Showcase

This thread is a place for people to showcase any character pages they admire and want others to know about.

~ If you know of a wonderfully detailed character page that the world should know about, please share with us! There are so many awesomely detailed character pages here on RP Repository and this is a way to bring them to the attention of others! Tell us briefly why you like the character page, and provide a url link if you can so others can check them out!

~ Feel free to list as many characters as you want, and it’s ok if you wish to showcase your own characters, public or anonymous!

~ If you wish, take the time to give the character kudos or maybe make a guestbook entry if they have one so they know their work is being appreciated!

~ The Browse Characters page is fun to scroll through to see different characters.
(I do miss the old 'Featured Characters' on the old board's community page)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My Showcase:

• Arcadia Lea Arkison ~ I noted Arkadia when she said she would 'romance' one of my characters in the Games forum. I had a look of her page and all I can say is 'Wow! Beautiful in-depth character! It was a fascinating read through the pages! Well done!
  • Aislin Kelly ~ What a wonderfully presented character! Good detail to make her story intriguing! Page layout is really good too!
  • Yavonna ~ What a beautiful character! I know it's work in progress, but still, they are well-presented and I'm going to keep watch on this one!
  • Lady Doom ~ what an awesome character! Came across Lady Doom when they posted their fortune teller tent in the Games forum. A really well-crafted character!
  • Calypso Evans ~ A way cool hippy artist character! Love the page layout and the backstory!
  • Alana ~ Came across Alana in a random browse of the Character list and found her backstory interesting and heartfelt! Look forward to seeing her adventures as she travels across country, and hope for her healing!
  • Lorelai Jade ~ A beautiful character packed into a basic page! A story told in her history!
  • Olive Marshall ~ I spotted this character back in June when they posted this RP Request. A great character profile set in an interesting point in U.S. history. Women had just won the right to vote, and it was definitely still a man's world. I love the styling of the character page and the creator should be prelly proud of their work. Give it a read along with their RP request! •
  • Sarah Williams ~ Enjoying an RP with Sarah at the moment. A very fun character!
  • Laurelin Isilende ~ I love this character! I think we planned an RP last year but it never came to fruition. and the story set in Middle Earth is quite well done! •
  • Lyra Lebedev ~ A lovely Russian woman! Give her page a read! It is quite fascinating and really well done!
  • Aleksandra Annenkova ~ This is another case of an awesome page layout combined with a deep character story. Judging by the aquaintances, it must be quite an awesome tale being written. •
  • Allysa Lunara Kartal ~ There is a story to be read just by going through Allysa’s character page here. A splendid example of how to make the most of a character page! Lovely visuals accompanied by deep text! The creator has made a wonderful masterpiece here! •
  • Avalon ~ Wow! A beautiful backstory and a well laid out page that is easy to read! It was a pleasing find via the random site showcase!
  • Lavena ~ If there is a way to present a character that does erotic RP, this is the way to do it! The page is laid out nicely and the character story is quite interesting.
  • Sara Cassidy ~ It is always good to find CIA Agents. Espionage is a fun and engaging RP genre, and Sara here has a nice backstory! •
  • Madeleine Sabine Belmont ~ An awesome historical character with a beautiful and well thought out backstory! The page is nicely put together as well. •
  • Dominique ~ brushed by Dominique in an attempted public high school RP. A great character story and I liked the way she was written in the RP. Unfortunately the RP was hijacked by chat-speak and the writers all abandoned it due to having to go through ten pages of chaff. •
  • Cassandra Greenberg ~ The page design is pretty intense, but the backstory alone is worth every minute to read! I tip my hat to the creator of Cassandra! •
  • Una Dubach ~ Came across Una in a character browse and really liked the backstory! •
  • Raelle Collar ~ what a lovely young witch!
  • Kayla Lee ~ I took a look when I saw it on the community page and what a great story! I wish the story was available to read!
  • Romy Eloise LaBlanc - a really beautiful character portrait! Had a slow-moving RP going with her a year or so ago. I still name-drop her as my characters’s Personal Assistant in other RPs my character is in.
  • Amelia Walker ~ Saw Amelia on the community showcase and gave her page a read. Quite fascinating!
  • Katherine ~ Such beautiful creativity has gone into Katherine. One of my longest running active RPs has been between Katherine and Steve Harrison. The back story on her page is deep covering career, motherhood, and marriage. Give her page a read! *
  • Stephanie ~ Love this character! She came about from the awesome 1st RP Steve Harrison was writing with Katherine above. *
  • Georgia Haddix ~ This is a good example of a solid character profile. Simply laid out summary, and an intriguing history page that gives you some depth to the character while keeping them completely mysterious. Kudos to the creator!
  • Miss Hyde ~ I love the depth of this witch!
  • Dorothy Parsons ~ a most awesome western character portrayed here! Well Done Juls!
;) I like all the characters.
I love that you guys want to celebrate other people's creativity and characters, but you should probably make sure you check with their creators before posting here just to be sure they're okay with being put on display like this.
Rogue-Scribe Topic Starter

Dndmama wrote:
I love that you guys want to celebrate other people's creativity and characters, but you should probably make sure you check with their creators before posting here just to be sure they're okay with being put on display like this.

The characters can be publicly searched, and they show up via the 'Browse Characters' feature. They used to be randomly showcased on the 'Community' page.

I think this thread is a good idea. Should anybody have a problem with their characters being showcased here, they can contact me or whoever showcased them and request it be removed.
Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Why?

Consideration for others mostly. Agreeing to the terms of the site is a bit different than being put purposefully on display by others. I'm certainly not a moderator and I don't think it violates any site rules. I genuinely like the idea. It was just a suggestion.

Noted. Thanks for the drama.
I’ve already noted someone did an edit deleting the highlighted characters they posted after you made your post about contacting the character creators for permission to showcase them. That is hard to do in the case of Anonymous characters. I’m hoping this thread will still go somewhere after that bucket of cold water. I mentioned this idea somewhere in some thread, and someone said it would be a good idea, so I took it upon myself to start it.
Apologies. That wasn't my intention.
Mulciber (played anonymously)

One of my characters was mentioned in a thread like this a long time ago and it meant a lot to me! I tried to browse and pick from outside my usuals!

Djanira- gorgeous aesthetic, flowing layout, bountiful detail and epic occultism

Aster- unique and beautiful design, intricate information, looks like a one-of-a-kind character

Allsun- concise and clean, with some talented BBC coding going on in there, beautiful art too

Death- stunning artwork, mysterious approach to profile that leaves a lot to be discovered

Caitelyn Armenira- epic backstory, lots of plot potential
Etharine (played anonymously)

These are character pages that I keep going back to visit:

Maurice - I'm a sucker for historical fiction and the detailed history makes me itch to write that genre again. They layout is really easy to read as well.

Vesnia - The aesthetics of the page is nice and the character connections at the bottom shows that the character has stories links to others and it sort of leads to a rabbit hole of a bunch of other chars that are also interesting.

Asio - Love the layout as it seems so magical, also good details/info about the character that gives you a good idea on what they're like.

I'm sure there are thousands more out there that I haven't found yet!
Dunedain-Ranger wrote:

Laurelin Isilende ~ I love this character! I think we planned an RP last year but it never came to fruition. and the story set in Middle Earth is quite well done!

I'm very touched Laurelin was included in this! She's one of my first ever characters I ever made near fifteen years ago. I'm glad she's still enjoyed and I really hope we get to write together sometime in the near future!
Kim Site Admin

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Dndmama wrote:

Why? They can be publicly searched, they show up via the 'Browse Characters' feature, and they are even randomly showcased on the 'Community' page. I'm sure the site doesn't get prior approval before showcasing characters.

I'm going to continue to do this, and if anybody has a problem with their characters being showcased here, they can contact me and request it be removed.

Moving on...

Mods were asked to clarify, and, while there's never anything wrong with double checking with people, there's also no rule against linking to people's character profiles and celebrating them! It's only a very slightly different version of, say, adding a kudos to a profile you liked, which would also cause them to be featured. :)

I think this topic is a beautiful idea. Please proceed! :)
I like this topic a lot!

Oooh theres so many characters I love on this site!

Xios is a character by a good friend of mine on this site and hes just so incredibly cool! Possessed and bloodthirsty but not a bad guy deep down. Oh hes great.

Karunais another great character. I love her concept and design. Shes so perfect. It was hard to decide which character of Abigails to showcase as theres quitw a few I like A TON (Jess, David, Jacob and Jude im looking at you.) But Karuna just feels so fleshed out and she's an empath and so so cool!

Laurance is another cool character. Hes a vampire and hes played as the charming man he is! I like a lot. 💗

Elliot is an amazing character played by Ollie. I had a few rps thst sadly died with him. Unfortunately the user playing him no longer accepts rps from the under 18 squad but I love elliots blunt and rude nature when it showed up. Hes 10/10 and Id love to rp with Ollie boy again sometime.

Irene is quite the cool character from what Ive seen of her. Love the rp I have with perfect [isveryboring] a lot. 💗💗.

Ash and the squad are such good characters. I adore them. Also ThatSinfulLiar was my first friend on this site and they are super at writing and I love all of his characters. Ash is best boi though.

Alexei is another vampire boy. But hes diffrent from other vampire characters. I dont know how. But I love how creepy he can be while also somehow still feeling like a character that could be trustworthy. Hes real good.

Terry is the best, and so is Albinus. Demon vampire bffs for life. Both very cool and solid characters with great personalities that make rp with them a treat. 12/10 would reccomend.

Phew think thats everything.

Kim's Ruling on this Thread Concept
Kim wrote:
Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Dndmama wrote:

Why? They can be publicly searched, they show up via the 'Browse Characters' feature, and they are even randomly showcased on the 'Community' page. I'm sure the site doesn't get prior approval before showcasing characters.

I'm going to continue to do this, and if anybody has a problem with their characters being showcased here, they can contact me and request it be removed.

Moving on...

Mods were asked to clarify, and, while there's never anything wrong with double checking with people, there's also no rule against linking to people's character profiles and celebrating them! It's only a very slightly different version of, say, adding a kudos to a profile you liked, which would also cause them to be featured. :)

I think this topic is a beautiful idea. Please proceed! :)

Thanks Kim.

I love checking out the characters people are showcasing! Especially now that 2.0 doesn't show the Character Kudos.
Just a reminder to take the time to give the characters you showcase a kudo!
I had a couple shout outs to do,

Melron: Have you all seen the biography layout for this character? It's set up as though you're happening upon an old journal. It's positively enthralling to read, too. I am so jazzed to find this RPer and plan to send plots over very soon!

Water: I've been writing with this guy for awhile, and the character's sensitivity and gentleness just grab my shriveled void of a heart and bring it to life.

Valos Ebonscale: I just started writing with this guy, but his writing is witty and thought provoking. He's a serious asset to this site and I am very happy to be enjoying a storyline with him!
Ugh if I put everyone I want to, there would be like 9999 characters here haha.

Juniper.

I love her. The aesthetic is one I adore and I really like her backstory and general characterization.

Chanda

I might have a slight bias - as my Seraphina is head over heels for this man - but I cannot stand how good this profile looks and how well made Chanda is. It's amazing really.

Zyxarekti

I saw this character randomly a couple weeks ago when looking at the characters tab unlike usual. It's just not something I do often, but this character did catch my eye, enough that I bookmarked him! I love his design.
DarkCrow has some magnificent characters:

Azrael Cunningham

Realeza

Octavia Grace Dolloway

Star

Coral Heart (aka Twixie Rivers)

The overall aesthetic, thought, and obvious hard-work put into her profiles results in some stunning characters. Not to mention that she draws art for all of her characters in her unique, gorgeous, style. I often look to her profiles for inspiration. She knows this as I tend to ask her about some of her characters, since I can't RP with them. XD

Some more characters:

Rowen Anne Moore

Marcellus Mordestelle

Nightfrost Wuduwesten

And I have many more, but I can't think of them right now! :)
8_Stars_8 wrote:
DarkCrow has some magnificent characters:

Azrael Cunningham

Realeza

Octavia Grace Dolloway

Star

Coral Heart (aka Twixie Rivers)

The overall aesthetic, thought, and obvious hard-work put into her profiles results in some stunning characters. Not to mention that she draws art for all of her characters in her unique, gorgeous, style. I often look to her profiles for inspiration. She knows this as I tend to ask her about some of her characters, since I can't RP with them. XD

How dare you omg this is such a nice thing to read you absolutely flatter me I don't deserve this hhhhh aaaaaaaaa ;A; <333333

Might as well pay it forward right? :D

Dndmama has a few characters that I love, among many; I'm very biased towards Cadence and I adore Silva's concept to absolute bits it's very unique!

MercyinReach has way too many characters that I adore for various / different reasons per character, but I'm extremely biased towards my boi Jack and the thought she put into Daisy's universe is wonderful. <3

Also gotta give props to Cyanymph's Silvaria who will forever hold a special place in my heart. <3
If y'all haven't yet, I'd suggest giving those characters kudos. It'll let the creator know you appreciate the character and it'll help fill out the part of the site that displays character kudos (which I've seen lack enough recent character kudos to display properly a few times! Fill it up!). :)

Zelphyr wrote:
If y'all haven't yet, I'd suggest giving those characters kudos. It'll let the creator know you appreciate the character and it'll help fill out the part of the site that displays character kudos (which I've seen lack enough recent character kudos to display properly a few times! Fill it up!). :)

Agreed! I hope to eventually post kudos for everyone in my list in the first post. :)
If we're pointing out another's character, I'll go with Neriah. A red-haired ranger-artist. Very cool.

I figure I'll also post as this new king I worked up. I might link my characters into a kingdom around him. Maybe get a long term RP around it set.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » ~ Character Showcase ~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus