Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Random Thoughts

Riik wrote:
Has anyone considered that the reason aliens have never come to Earth is that before reaching that level of technology, they perfected the art of total virtual reality and have chosen to live out their days in a digital world to escape from a hazardously polluted atmosphere and dismal grey landscape?

I mean what would you rather do? Visit another planet that is either barren, primitive or just as awful and polluted as your own... or spend the rest of your life in your ideal virtual world potentially in a state of immortality? Better yet: explore virtual space and virtualised alien cultures that are actually guaranteed to be interesting.

I had never considered that. But now that you mention it, it does seem entirely possible. Huh.
Welllllp. Looks like the mayor of Seattle is finally going to try to retake control of the East Precinct (police station) after 3 shootings among protestors in the CHOP zone ("Capital Hill Occupied Protest"). Police couldn't get in to secure the area for paramedics to get to the victims, so the CHOP people took them to the hospital in their private cars.

I am routing for the city to be able to get the police back into the CHOP but that it happens peacefully. 🌼
Why is it every time I go out on my motorcycle, I get the song 'I'm a little Teapot' stuck in my head?
MordosKull

I can’t kick with my right leg because of a knee injury.

So when I write fight scenes I make every single one of my characters kick with their left leg. Every Single One. It makes more sense in my head somehow.
MordosKull wrote:
I can’t kick with my right leg because of a knee injury.

So when I write fight scenes I make every single one of my characters kick with their left leg. Every Single One. It makes more sense in my head somehow.

Interesting...well it's hard to picture them doing something you can't do. I have similar things like that.

Random thought, random thought...erm...watch out for the Saharan dust.
Random thoughts?

Been thinking about that one photo that went around a few weeks ago with the threaded saltine crackers.

e91bb77f17c2f2f84bcca9e024c54198fc027ea8.png
The worst thing about my favourite fidget toy being a paper clip when I don't have any spare paper clips to replace it with is that it goes missing far too easily, and then I spend hours desperately searching for it in a panicked state of anxiety.

And usually it ends up turning out that I've just put it in my pocket or threaded it through my sleeve or something.
Rogue-Scribe

My cat has me really well trained.
Mr krabs sold spongebob’s soul for 62 cents
nindyaru

Why do human need sleep? Why do human need food? Why do human need water?

Are rocks dead or alive?
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Shadow-Ranger wrote:
I can’t believe idiots are fighting in the stores for toilet paper.

Lol.

Yeah guessed I laughed too soon at this. Now I get it. Although, still...there are still good alternatives, like wipes. Napkins. Paper towels.

you have fallen! NOOO
Why do some people feel an open-face motorcycle helmet is sufficient?

The other day, I got hit hard by a large stone in the centre of my visor. I can't imagine how painful it could have been had the visor not been there, instead of the painless shunt I got instead.
Taramafor

When you're more observant then others and actually use your brain, you realise the world is full of careless idiots that turn into hypocrites.

People often are what they complain about.
Rogue-Scribe

It's been an interesting thirty-some days as I shook out the chaff.
Bringing this back up cause you know, I have random thoughts. 😆
I feel like this thread is a sort of little sprinkle of what the internet's spam boards were back in the earlier 2000's, haha.

💚*Oh I'm a gummy bear, yes I'm a gummy bear...*🧡
Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
💚*Oh I'm a gummy bear, yes I'm a gummy bear...*🧡

Why did I sing this? XD
nindyaru

Superman does not need to eat, drink, sleep, or breathe. What a nice life.
PO TA TO
The more we learn about brains, consciousness, and the simultaneous predictability of emotions and complexity/variability of their expression, both in humans and in all sorts of other animals and even plants and whatnot, the more I'm bothered by ongoing concepts of human superiority and how what we consider "good" or "humane" treatment of humans vs other animals is incredibly different, and the more I wonder where the supposed fundamental difference (or if there really is one) between living things and programs (like, on a computer) lays.

As mechanically as we function, how can we still seem so confident that no "humane" treatment of AI is necessary or needing to be defined, especially in regards to more complex AI and any sort of life sim in particular? Should we be relating error reports to our experiences of pain?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Random Thoughts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus