Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Whose your oldest character?

ClandestineCat

My oldest one is Solstice, made him back in 2008. Went through different transitions and currently working on a revised version of him.
Octavia Morten (played by nav_kat)

She's my oldest! I love her. :)
Sephiroth (played by AgitoAceXIII)

That would be Sephiroth, one of the few characters I’ve had to survive multiple purges I did before I got so many characters....XD
My oldest character is Lazari, made around 3-5 years ago (I can't remember). She used to be an pessimistic demon (Yes, she was too OP so I had to nuke her powers quite a bit) to contrast the cheerful Mia, who was my friend's character at the time. I couldn't bear to not have the dynamic duo, so I asked permission to roleplay with a slightly tweaked version of her. It's always fun to put an inside joke every single time I roleplay with Laz & Mia.
My oldest character would be Kuroi. She has been around for many years now and has been through multiple changes physically.( I have "killed" her only for a "rebirth" to explain these changes) She no longer looks like her original self( human form being the newest addition. She is a black dragon ). With so much time and effort put into her I decided "what the heck! Let's see how RPR likes her" Every new RP adds to her personality and list of powers. Sad thing is all these years and she still has no backstory. Maybe she will find one here?
My oldest character? Lexi. She started as a full on Mary-Sue self-insert with a much different character design, then she grew a mind of her own that was far different than what I had in mind for her. I soon tossed the self-insert aspect, redesigned her, and let her develop into what she is now.
My oldest character is Omega. He's not even originally for RP. I made him when I was a kid watching justice league in the morning because I didn't have a superman action figure. So one of my blue action figures became superman, but that felt like copyright infringement (I was a weird kid, and it was like 2003) so I asked my parents about it and I decided so that my action figure would become my own universes superman.

His name was Omega Stryker because Omega was cool and "the final blow" seemes fitting for a hero name. The y in striker was because there is a game called omega Strike.

He's grown up with me, gaining complex emotions and gone through some stuff. He even got reincarnated as a twink with inorganic matter deconstruction powers, called Omega gaias. He even met him when his original universe got brought back, and refused to see any similarities between them because it made him insecure.

But this is him as close to the amalgam version of him, his truest essence.

I've had him for 17 years. When I started Rping he was a NPC in a story set in his world, but in honor if him being my first OC I made my my first character here.
My first forum RP character?
Oh boy! Time to cringe! My first ever RP character was made 18 years ago by an edgelord 9 year old!
Seriously, his name was Drake Morningstar, son of Lucifer Morningstar, had a very "Ghost Rider" or "Spawn" vibe where he had hell-based powers but used them for good... except he also caused massive collateral damage and always spoke in all caps à la Karkat Vantas from Homestuck.
Thankfully―because this was a "school for the supernaturally gifted" kind of RP―the guy who played the HeadMaster (shout out to you if you happen to be on this community, Samuel!) was a patient fellow who helped steer me into more quality role-playing and Drake evolved into a well-rounded, lore-heavy, RP-centric character over the course of his whopping 7+ years of existence.
He ended up retiring due to OoC drama when I declared my IRL age and people clicked that I had been in the RP since I was nine years old, forcing the hand of the mod to kick me retroactively since the rules clearly stated "13+".
I was a goofy-as-balls RP noob. ­>7777(׿×)
My first is Alroy Rex. A fox shifter character. I love him. I don't have a profile for him yet but I need to get on my computer with all of my pictures and notes to really flesh it out.

rex_drawn_for_me_by_lovinglydepressed-d3j67nv.png
Despite my username and how much of myself (on a metaphorical level) I put into the namesake...

My oldest still-active character is actually Vildryn, who I made way back for some online Neverwinter Nights RP server. Originally I played him exclusively as a young adult (100-ish is young by D&D elven adult terms, as it's generally around that age elves in D&D typically start identifying as adults). Then when I brought him back for non-NWN RP, I played him exclusively as a child due to a need for escapism from adulthood. Recently, I've started opening him up for both options.

Then came Riik, though he started life a heck of a lot different than he is now and was originally not intended to be effectively a persona until a few years later, though one can argue he's not really the same character as that Riik (a 15-year-old tiefling bard... which you might still be able to see minor elements of in his current guise if you squint hard enough. He also used to be male). Riik in his modern form was my first (and for a couple of years, only) character on RPR.

Between the two versions of Riik came Kiro, who I used in a play-by-IM roleplay campaign based on a bespoke game system set up by the GM. He was totally a rip-off of aspects of Toshiro Hitsugaya from the anime Bleach and also had strong aspects of Jim Hawking from Outlaw Star. He's since diverged fairly firmly away from that, though one might still see some Jim in him.

Before Vildryn, I guess I never really had any long-standing characters. There was a time when I had an original species going based on Final Fantasy's carbuncles though, but with that, we're going far back to the days of playing pretend out in the back garden. But I suppose that still counts as RP.
Krepta is probably my oldest that I still play. She was created around 20 years ago now and has changed a lot. It's weird every time I put that into words. She was inspired a lot by an equal mixture of X-Men and Animorphs way back when and I started playing her back was roleplay was still popular on Neopets.

Viro I think is my second oldest. His general story hasn't changed much, but he's certainly matured as a concept. I started playing him shortly after Krepta because they were part of the same story.
My oldest character was forged many moons ago, and behold, his name was B'raa'k, the half orc janitor!

Bout all I have to say, really.
Well, my oldest character - if we're going by number of days spent 'alive' - is definitely Toshiya, hands down :D

Next up... well, gets interesting because technically it'd be Amaya, but she's a spirit so.
My faun girl would be next (they age slowly), followed by Eien, Jorun, and Malcien as my youngest.

The robot hasn't been operational for even two decades yet :o
My oldest still in-use character is a creepypasta/general grimdark-horror character named Ruth Lowry! She has been through MANY changes, going from a persona-but-not "Okaimimimi,' to now just a very tragic werewolf. I love her to death and made her when i was about 11/12 or so?
Rosalie Thorn Chapelle (played by Queen_of_Hell)

I think my oldest character was for this one rp I had with my friend. She belonged to the Persona 4 fandom and my first original character, Mai Yushi-San. But before that, most of my characters were existing (I was a kid then, it was some bad stuff :'D)

As for the characters that are available on RPR, its my baby girl Rosalie. Had her for 4 years, she's been an occurring character in different settings, mostly as a vampire in modern supernatural setting (Vampire the Masquerade) and now she's one of the occurring troublesome babes in the group World of Darkness where she has the chance to keep flourishing.
Taramafor

Simple question. Complex answer.

Going to get VERY personal with this.

That reminder, whatever it may be, sticks with me. Unable to forget because I know the pain of ignorance too well. Stephe was her name. Could have done more. Shot herself. Was ignorant back then. Went on to help people after that. Always getting good results. Observant now. Can zone in on you pretty easily. Turn tense situations around. Made her death mean something. Put it behind everything else I do. It works.

The reality is this we DO affect everyone else's lives we're around. Not wanting to handle that doesn't change the simple fact we're always affecting others around us. Pretend otherwise and you fall into denial. Then you end up lying to yourself. Fall into traps like that and it can get... dark. In the none fun ways. Pain and suffering that is honest can have better results and even be fun. It's the ignorance that will you do in. Do with that information what you will.

That's how I found out how to make the best of the worst. How dark can be fun. How good can be harmful. This will make sense as you read on.

was playing the first Neverwinter Nights. There's this dragon. Tymofarrar. Such a rough exterior, but in truth he's lonely in his cave. Best part if you can actually talk to the dragon and NOT be FORCED to kill him. It's an option but you can very easily talk your way out in multiple ways. Realistically without it feeling forced or shoe horned. I want more games to do that with dragons and monsters. Show us there complex character and see more then something to just fight. More then "just a monster".

Played with the letters. Taramafor was born. Dark days were had. Pain... Suffering... Death... Isolated myself. Even on Furcadia. Found a quiet place. Became that dragon.

Lost myself. Was finding myself. First there was... concern. Was my existence why others suffered? Then there was... hate. Hypocrisy in the world. Saw the "good". How everyone suffers for it. "I know best. Do this, do that. Violation of choice. Don't share the happiness and mine alone." I wanted to burn the world. I came to understand every bad person. Why they do what they do. Then there was... nothing. I felt nothing. Nothing at all. No sadness. No fear. No anger. Not even pain.

Mesond came next for a time. "Demons". Was facing them. BECAME them. Embraced them. Made sense. "Accept the worst of you". I say that to people now. It means everything to them. Love is thrown too casually. Do you really embrace the other? If you turn your back and never come back did you truly love?

Became a hellhound. It stuck. Went back to Tara. It all fell into place. I wasn't JUST Taramafor any more. Or JUST Mesond. I wasn't ONE of those. I was BOTH. I pulled myself together. The hound that always follows and does as told. Forever loyal even if you have yet to be. Even if you destroyed my life. Even if you mocked me and called me weak and pathetic and laughed in my face. And yet here I am.

Some people don't need to be taught. They already know control. But this will confuse some people. Full and fair warning. And after that, if they are closed minded and stubborn and making excuses, I will break them. The person. To improve them as I had to learn to improve. Might be hated for it at first. But then I mention the mirror. If I gave up on you what's to stop me giving up? If I turned my back what would stop me doing it again? What would stop me giving up on me when you pretend you can't change a situation? It's about "The example". You don't get away with excuses any more then me. I am "evil". I will hurt you. You don't get coddled because I stick to facts, truth, logic, honesty. But I am also kind. The kindest people know that pain. Always willing to be here. Even if you look down on me. It hurts when it's not reciprocated. It's pain and suffering and can even be insanity when there's distance and a lie over your head. But what else can you do when you worked things out with monsters already? When you've been one or still are yourself? The only thing I can do is understand and keep trying. Beats suffering in silence. Make a forest fire. Good in posts.

A day. A month. A year. 5. Always remembering. Always waiting to spring into action the moment I'm allowed to show what I'm capable of. I learn tricks. And then I ask you, "Do you want it to take this long before we have fun?" And they'll be the ones to say no. The MOMENT someone lets me is the moment I show "I remembered this for so long and that's why I'm doing things right."

And that's when I get back what I give. Each and every time. The loyalty I gave. All because I became that hound.
Sgt Saunders (played by Rogue-Scribe)

After going through a bunch of old saved files, I found I have used Sgt Steiner earlier than Halasian. Had a ‘Streets of Stalingrad’ tabletop war game (Squad Leader) where I adapted him from the movie ‘Cross of Iron’ and from the book the movie was based on ‘The Willing Flesh’ written by Willie Heinrich.

Edited on 27 May 2021 - Originally posted as my character Rolf Steiner. He had to be deleted under the RP Repository ‘Nazi Rule’, but his profile was preserved and presented as ‘the enemy’ of Sgt Saunders. Saunders is the co-star of the TV series ‘Combat’ and was who all us boys wanted to be when we ‘played army’ in the neighbourhood. Technically he is my ‘oldest character’ since my first ‘LARP’ was being Saunders or one of ‘the squad’.
Phill Wilson (played by DeeDay)

Phill Wilson, Poor old man is probably turned into a zombie or something by now.
My oldest character is from a Pokemon Storyline that started back in 2006. It is a "Mew" who has the ability to use "Heart-Swap" on a permanent basis and more or less has a mission to care for their kind. It is a character that has been cunning and strategic as well as down right cruel and an almost narcists kind of personality. ... Throughout the fourteen years that I have played this character they have survived by systematically, and every couple of ears "possessing" the body of one of their descendants with the same "Heart-Swap" ability and moving into the next Generation.

So more or less like Doctor Who (a series I learned about only recently):

Felix began more carefree and then on the verge of death when protecting his family, he took over the body of his younger son named Falcon and he became more cold and cruel towards the world. This included horrifically murdering those that harmed his family, and then establishing lots of experiments and enslavement camps around the world that the story took place. To the point of almost being cruel dictator he was deceived back in 2017 by a lover and was forced into the body of his toddler daughter who was named Destiny and she was raised by her former mate.

At the moment she has become more calm and compassionate, the anger being drilled out of her over the years. She is also artistic and had been aspiring to pursue musical talents in one of her more recent iterations... I believe that one of her most defining changes happened when she had went from cruel male dictator into adorable and mischievous little girl who could no longer get away with anything thanks to her mother. It was an interesting transaction and has inspired a lot of my recent works, and my recent interest in transformation based storylines as well I believe.
Halasian (played by Rogue-Scribe)

Halasian wrote:
That would be Halasian here. Created in 2000 for the Middle Earth RP ‘Shadow Over Arnor’ on The One Ring. Damn... that was twenty years ago!
... and now that character creation dates show on the character edit screen, Halasian is my oldest RPR character as well, having been created here July 8 2018.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Whose your oldest character?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus