Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Identifying Permanent/Temporary Character Slots

Hello, everyone!

My profile is recently on Epic mode and I have forgotten which of my characters are using permanent or temporary slots. Is there a way I can find out which character is using a permanent or a temporary slot when in Epic mode? If any of you know how, that would be great.

Thank you so much and have a nice day/afternoon/night!
MasterWinter

RPR gives you 10 free character slots when you first sign up. Those are the permanent ones. So if you used all ten slots, and are an epic member, then any slots you use after the first ten, are considered temp. until you have to pay for your epic membership again.

So say you have 20 character's total. First ten are your permanent slots, the other ten are temps.

Also keep in mind that until you renew your epic status, when that time comes, the ten slots that aren't permanent will become locked until you can renew your epic status.

As to creating a more specific way to highlight which slots are permanent and which aren't, RPR does not (I believe they don't) have a way to do that as of yet. If that is the case, and anyone who knows better may correct me, you might want to put that in the suggestions section for future updates/grades for the RPR site.
HibariHaru013 Topic Starter

Winters_Fury wrote:
RPR gives you 10 free character slots when you first sign up. Those are the permanent ones. So if you used all ten slots, and are an epic member, then any slots you use after the first ten, are considered temp. until you have to pay for your epic membership again.

So say you have 20 character's total. First ten are your permanent slots, the other ten are temps.

Also keep in mind that until you renew your epic status, when that time comes, the ten slots that aren't permanent will become locked until you can renew your epic status.

As to creating a more specific way to highlight which slots are permanent and which aren't, RPR does not (I believe they don't) have a way to do that as of yet. If that is the case, and anyone who knows better may correct me, you might want to put that in the suggestions section for future updates/grades for the RPR site.

Thanks for your response Winters. 😁
MasterWinter

HibariHaru013 wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:

Thanks for your response Winters. 😁

Of course ^-^
Keeping in mind that you can also buy more Permanent Slots, so it's not necessarily 10.

There's no specific indicator of which slots are Permanent and which are Temporary. However, you can go under Your Stuff>Characters. On the right-hand sidebar, select Sort By>Creation Date. This puts all of your newest characters at the very bottom. Your most recently created characters are those that occupy the temporary slots. Any time a Permanent character is deleted, the oldest Temporary is bumped up to take its Permanent slot.

Also: under the title, above your characters, it reads "You are using A of B character slots." 'A' being your total number of characters, and 'B' being your total number of permanent slots (so that if you're using up any temporary slots, A will be higher than B). So A minus B being a quick way to determine how many Temporary Slots you're using up. So say you're using "13 of 10 character slots", the last three characters at the bottom of the page are your Temporary ones.
HibariHaru013 Topic Starter

AJ_89 wrote:
Keeping in mind that you can also buy more Permanent Slots, so it's not necessarily 10.

There's no specific indicator of which slots are Permanent and which are Temporary. However, you can go under Your Stuff>Characters. On the right-hand sidebar, select Sort By>Creation Date. This puts all of your newest characters at the very bottom. Your most recently created characters are those that occupy the temporary slots. Any time a Permanent character is deleted, the oldest Temporary is bumped up to take its Permanent slot.

Also: under the title, above your characters, it reads "You are using A of B character slots." 'A' being your total number of characters, and 'B' being your total number of permanent slots (so that if you're using up any temporary slots, A will be higher than B). So A minus B being a quick way to determine how many Temporary Slots you're using up. So say you're using "13 of 10 character slots", the last three characters at the bottom of the page are your Temporary ones.

Oh. I'll try that. Thank you so much! <3
Rogue-Scribe

AJ_89 wrote:

I somehow missed this interesting piece of information! I recently became aware that the newest created characters would occupy the Epic status ‘temp’ character slots on a rolling basis as new characters are created, but now I’m trying to wrap my head around how the character/character slot count works as you show here. When I have character/character slot parity (A=B) I am unable to create more characters that would increase A over B. It requires the use of a cloak to add a permanent character slot which increases B. Hence I’m at a loss as to how you get your example.
Claine Moderator

This is a question that comes up a lot, and while there is a help article on the matter
1) Most websites have bad help articles, and so people assume RPR has bad help articles. Most people don't know to look for it and
2) Although the help article explains the mechanics, it doesn't explicitly tell the player which of their characters are on epic and which are on permanent slots.

There are a few small user interface things that could be done to rectify this
1) Somewhere on the dashboard, there could be symbol next to the characters which are on the temporary slots. When moused over, there is a short blurb explaining that the slot is linked to a user's epic membership and will be locked when their epic membership expires. Depending on length, it could also give a date that user's membership will expire and a link to the current help article.
2) When a character is deleted, there could be a short blurb along the lines of "This character currently occupies one of your permanent slots. When they are deleted (character name) will be converted to a permanent slot. Read this help article for more information."
Rogue-Scribe

Ah, so if I’m reading this character-slot FAQ correctly, the only time you will have A > B is if your Epicness expires. When that happens, the excess newest characters above the number of permanent slots you have (10 + however many extras you bought) will lock. They can be unlocked by either renewing epicness or by using permanent character-generating inventory. Makes sense now.

A nice feature would be to have a time/date stamp of character creation on the character settings edit page that the player could see. Not a necessary thing as one can sort characters by new/old, but a cool gimmick.

You are on: Forums » Help » Identifying Permanent/Temporary Character Slots

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus