Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Want to RP and Draw all at once!

Hello there everyone! Everyone has such nice art, Many creative people frequent RPR and I would love to art-play as I've heard it named, with anyone who thinks they would enjoy mixing art and rp both!

I made a group for RPR in the rp section I think... Here is a link to the forums on it hopefully making it easier to find: https://www.rprepository.com/group-site/4370/forums

I am just posting this topic here to see if anyone's interested :> If you have any suggestions for the format or anything else - as I am quite new to rpr. If anyone thinks it'd be fun to Role Play with art mixed in please go ahead and join! Open invitation for all you wonderful creators

Thanks for your attention, if you were able to follow the link; I hope I get to art-play with loads of people real soon :D x)
I've tried doing this with friends before, but I didn't know it actually had its own category. Seems like an interesting change of pace.
On the subject of artwork, I draw mostly simplistic pictures now. Pictures of my OCs are all done by me. It's more doodling, really. A lot of it is focused on humor even though I'm not actually that funny.
Some examples.

2020-05-11.jpg
2020-04-27.png
2020-04-27.png
2020-04-16.jpg

Something else you should know: I might be busy this summer. Mostly active on Saturdays. If I suddenly disappear on you, it might be because of lousy internet. If this makes me an unsuitable art-playing partner, I understand completely.

Happy writing and stay healthy. :D
Flareanthia Topic Starter

Oh haha I love your drawings! The duck had me laughing, My_Life license plate also was quite funny to me hehehe :D

Mathunga I TOTALLY appreciate the heads up! You being upfront with how much you can reply is actually very nice, lets me know you are the kind of person who will be clear, I appreciate it, dude I'd love to launch an art-play! If you believe you will have fun I am really excited, no your available time is not a problem if you feel like you can keep returning albeit slowly (And being honest I really love your art x) ) I mostly draw cutsey cartoons, because I enjoy them more, with an occasional more detailed drawing when I feel really into an art piece or in this case a scene for art play :>

I would love to get started whenever you feel it would be fun to :D
Flareanthia wrote:
Oh haha I love your drawings! The duck had me laughing, My_Life license plate also was quite funny to me hehehe :D

Mathunga I TOTALLY appreciate the heads up! You being upfront with how much you can reply is actually very nice, lets me know you are the kind of person who will be clear, I appreciate it, dude I'd love to launch an art-play! If you believe you will have fun I am really excited, no your available time is not a problem if you feel like you can keep returning albeit slowly (And being honest I really love your art x) ) I mostly draw cutsey cartoons, because I enjoy them more, with an occasional more detailed drawing when I feel really into an art piece or in this case a scene for art play :>

I would love to get started whenever you feel it would be fun to :D
Great. I have a couple questions for you though.
¤ The doodles were more meant to annoy my family members than anything but I'm glad you like them. LOL
¤ Would you prefer this art-play to be more focused on quality of the drawings or the quantity?
¤ Should it take place here or off site?
¤ What are your preferences?
¤ Anything else I should know?

Oh, those are really good questions. Sorry... I should have thought of that beforehand probably! Hahah well I will answer now, I'm glad you brought up the questions dude xD

Quote:
¤ The doodles were more meant to annoy my family members than anything but I'm glad you like them. LOL
I really do, I think they're great! Lol xD
Quote:
¤ Would you prefer this art-play to be more focused on quality of the drawings or the quantity?
I am more interested in quantity rather than quality! I personally would take a very long time drawing like a fully rendered painting for one reply, for example, I would prefer to make lots of simpler sketches per response rather than working a few days to get ONE reply! That goes for someone I get to rp with too; I am excited to get a reply always, so I'd rather get a more hasty sketch in reply quickly, rather than waiting several days to get a reply. That's just my preference though. If you would prefer to take your time working a long while on one reply that is okay, and I will be waiting eagerly for your reply either way I think
Quote:
¤ Should it take place here or off site?
I have a group on this site that we can easily use! :> I tested it and links work perfectly for embedding an image into the text and we can view the replies on a computer or on mobile (Or at the very least, on android devices which is what I own and checked the forum with) The link to the group I had made is in my first message, if you like I would happily pm you a link to take you to the group too of course!
Quote:
¤ What are your preferences?
Preferences as in themes? Story ideas? :) If that is the question then, I usually prefer fantasy settings or something involving magic, even if it is set in modern times; but man I am in love with knights! Dragons! Elves and spells! If that sounds like a fun idea cool. I am happy to chat ideas with you in the event that that sounds boring of course xP
Art style preferences? I actually really loved your images that you shared >XD hehe My REALLY quick sketches turn out likee (one) (two) (three) (goose) , in case you wana know what quantity over quality might mean D: I hope I answered the question of preference, if that was the question : D
Quote:
¤ Anything else I should know?
Well, I should be able to respond once a day at least, or once every two days at most if a reply will contain many images: Most of mine will likely be black and white just because I don't tend to use colour very much (I am working on improving this though).

The only time I shouldn't be able to reply will be if I am needed for Search and Rescue with my country, since I am a volunteer :) We do firefighting all through the summers here.

If you take a very long time to reply, that is fine and I am used to picking back up again BUT! I really would prefer if replies don't take more than two or three days? Because I will likely be very excited to continue as I said earlier on heh xD

No sexually explicit images? But really that's it. More than anything I just would love to Art-Play with ya so I don't think I have anything else to point out unless you ask more really important questions that I ought to have come up with and just didn't until they were brought up.

Hahah xD
Firefighting, eh? You live in Australia or something?
- Yeah. Thought you'd emphasize quantity. Just as well though. I mostly do quick and simplistic doodles nowadays to make up for my lack of artistic ability. Just as long as the message gets across it's fine. 😋
- Sure, I guess I have a few characters I could try out if it's fantasy-themed. Also looked at the art playing group you've started. Very interesting.
Here is something just for laughs.

And then another one. The image got cut off, so the first panel goes, "Daddy, why'd you name me Rose?". The dad replies with "When you were born, a nurse dropped a rose on your head as a blessing."

And just one more.

No not Australia lol! xD A very hot climate with no rain and this year we had two heat waves, and a lot of wind... lots of fires unfortunately. We put them out though! We being several departments working together :D We met a few of the forest fire fighters (is that what you call them in English??? I only know it in Greek! :) heh )

Heh quick simplistic sound good just as long as the message gets across fine, but, don't sell yourself short! I think your art has been lovely :D

Yeah! If you are still interested, jump in: make a thread! I can make one as well but I really don't mind other people making threads hehe x)

Neat work, the "brick" joke is one I had seen done as a short play lol.
Unfortunately the last image did not work? :O
That's alright. The last one wasn't very funny to begin with. I have another question.
One of my hobbies is making action figures. Will I be allowed to use images of them as well?
Minecraft characters
unknown.png

yeah for sure, any media is cool :D

Pictures, sketches, paintings, digital or traditional. Whatever's cool 👍 hehe :D

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Want to RP and Draw all at once!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus