Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Somnom's 1 Year Celebration! (Closed)

New roll! :D
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.
July 8th entry

2 - Write a few lines about which one of your characters would give one of my characters a potato and explain why (it doesn’t have to be a deep or meaningful reason, just make it fun).

Maddie was running a bit behind for her meeting. She'd stopped at a Wendy's for a late lunch and had been so hungry she'd gotten a sandwich and a baked potato. Silly. Should have just gotten fries so she could eat them on the run.

"Ahh! I can't take this in with me! Here, hold this," she said to a marble statue, placing the wrapped potato in its hand. She studied it a moment, feeling oddly drawn to the artwork. She didn't recall it being here last time she'd passed this way. An amused smile lit upon her face at seeing the obviously very expensive stone figure holding the baked potato in a cheap fast food foil wrapper.

It was hours later, shortly after dark, when she returned, intending to collect the leftovers from her late lunch.

"Crud. Somebody moved it!" she said in disappointment.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2.
Let's see
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
In this thread, roll 1 die with 6 sides (1 d6) then follow the prompt below for the number you’ve rolled --
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.
2 - Write a few lines about which one of your characters would give one of my characters a potato and explain why (it doesn’t have to be a deep or meaningful reason, just make it fun).
3 - Write a potato themed haiku.
4 - Share your most a-peeling potato pun.
5 - Replace a word in a movie title with Potato (example: Jurassic Potato).
6 - Put an emoji of your choice and you’re automatically entered to win,

spudtacular_cute_potato_pun_poster-r97599cc13b044e7eb8f4666b22ed32cb_w2q_8byvr_704.jpg
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 4.
The best way to make french fries. Clearly.

giphy.gif

Despite the fact that it's nearly noon, Evangaline Wikstrom is just waking up from last nights activities. Sad as it is to say, she's just not as young as she used to be and all these late nights are slowly beginning to take their toll. As she's coming out from the back of her tavern, before she's even had a chance to pour herself a mug of that new dark roasted coffee that had arrived from her drow friends the other day, the half elf is accosted by one of her employees.

"Miss Evy!" the thin young man calls. Evy sighs a bit at being needed so soon, but she still offers the bartender a soft smile.

"Yes, Jack. What is it?"

"A package for you, Miss Evy," Jack exclaims with a smile for the much older woman. Holding out the box, thin, silvery eyebrows rise at the sight. It's not much larger than a bread box and a few holes have been poked into the top of it.

"Well, I never turn down a gift. Shall we see what's in it?" she chirps happily. Pulling off the wrapping, Evy finds a small note pinned to the wooden box within.

Saw this and thought of you. -TW

"Oh, that complete sweetheart," she purrs at the sight of the initials. One of her grandsons. He's always sending her thoughtful gifts. Sliding the top off the box, however, Evy's eyes widen and her eyebrows nearly disappear into her hairline.

"Jack..." she murmurs as she bends over and looks into the box. "This potato...has eyes."

"I know you haven't been in the kitchen for a while, but-" Jack's amused teasing is cut short as he too looks into the box and his mouth drops open.

"Hello!" exclaims the surprisingly large tuber residing within the woman's package. "Do you want to be friends?"

Evangaline doesn't even hesitate. With a gasp of delight she scoops up the pontificating potato and gives it as big a hug as she is able. "Aren't you just the sweetest thing in all the realms?! Of course I want to be friends!" Another gasp escapes her lips as a thought occurs to her. "Oh my goddess, can you sing?!"
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 1.
ShiNoTenshi1008

here we go again

well I got lucky ;)
MasterWinter

After 1am on the 9th of July. Here we go again!

Zeke was heading to the hotel he was staying at this time, worn out as per usual with doing his campaign that always seemed to put a target on his back in one fashion or another. All he wanted to do was get to the hotel, get into his room, then crash in bed for several long hours before worrying about something to eat and the like. That was how worn out he was. Yet as Zeke would continue to walk, he noticed something had fallen out of a bag and rolled to him. Said item happened to be a potato that hit his boot. The hybrid would pick it up and looked around, not finding anyone who might have dropped it.

When he shrugged and began to resume his walk, he jumped a bit from the sudden sight of Manlius and tried to remain calm. Yet the feel of this man's presence alone oddly brought comfort to Zeke. He was careful around heavenly and or celestial beings in general, mostly of heaven's angels.

"Uh. Excuse me, Sir...Did you happen to see who dropped this, or did you by chance drop it?" Zeke would ask.

When he got a no for an answer, Zeke would offer said potato to Manlius.

"Perhaps you can put it to better use than I can. I need to go crash in bed to sleep, and usually if I have uncooked potatoes in my care, they end up going bad quickly. Eh-heheh..." Zeke says as he rubbed the back of his head.

The hybrid had looked down a moment, then looked back up as he spoke.

"Anyways tha-" Zeke paused as he found Manlius gone. "...Oooookay." Zeke shrugged then resumed his walk back to the hotel he was staying at.
nightmqre

1:25pm on the 9th c:
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
In this thread, roll 1 die with 6 sides (1 d6) then follow the prompt below for the number you’ve rolled --
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.

Takeo looked at the food item in his hands, a blank expression gracing his face like always. "A...potato." His voice was stoic as he looked up from his hands and at the small child who had given it to him. He glanced around the place; it was strangely calm, especially considering it was a tournament day. Usually all the competitors would be out here screaming and laughing. Takeo seemed to hesitate, shifting the mask over his mouth. He desperately wished he could take it off to smile at the child, but he didn't want to risk her health. He crouched down and ruffled her hair, his gaze softening. "Thank you," he chuckled softly as the girl's gaze only brightened and she giggled, running away.
July 9th entry

<g>
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

2001: A Potato Odyssey
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 5.
Hades_

Doot doot

A series of unfortunate potatoes.
Third roll! (I'm getting the hang of this! :D)

Instructions: 1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.

Blake opened the gift carefully, and then dropped the potato as if it were hot. He snarled; he was very much not into practical jokes of any kind. Unless, of course, you counted the things he did to sabotage his clients. But this sorcery smelled of competition. "That hurt!" shouted the potato from beneath the corner armchair, where it had rolled and stopped after bumping into the wall and ricocheting back a few times between the armchair legs. An eyebrow rose silently, and Blake removed the armchair altogether, looking down with a scowl. He was of a mind to crush the strange thing with his boot, but then again he may not get answers. "Who sent you?"
This. I want all of this.

giphy.gif

Emoji time! Cause I'm hungry...

👩🏼‍🍳
One More Time!

The Secret of Roan Potato-ish.
(The Secret of Roan Inish)
JetStorm

Happy 1 year!

Edit-

Elizabeth woke to the sound of her alarm clock,and a potato was on her night stand,she had no idea on how it got there,so she shrugged it off and went to brush her teeth. As she she brushed her teeth she noticed the potato was on her bathroom sink,she glanced over at her night stand and saw the potato somehow managed to get to the bathroom sink. Elizabeth rubbed her tired eyes,thinking she might be hallucinating,but no,the potato was still there. She groaned in annoyance and went downstairs,and the same thing happened,the potato followed her,only this time,it was on the kitchen counter. Elizabeth looked annoyed and attempted to chop it,but it rolled away from the knife she was using. She sighed and headed upstairs and went to change into her Star Bucks uniform,when she looked over,the potato was on her night stand yet again,this was driving her insane.

Elizabeth grabbed the potato and put it in a bag and walked out of her house. On the way to work,she saw a girl with jet black hair and she approached her. "Here take this,this thing is driving me insane." she and Lian looked at her and then what was in the bag. "A....potato?" she asked and looked at Elizabeth as if she was the one that needed therapy. "Yes...that thing follows me everywhere." she said and her right eye twitched a bit. Lian stared for a moment and then looked at the potato with confusion. "But it can't do anything...." she said to Elizabeth. "Oh yes it can....I'm gonna be late for work." Elizabeth said and ran off,leaving Lian with the potato.

Lian was concerned for the stranger she just met,but she shrugged and walked home,when she did,she put the potato down on the counter and sat on the sofa. Lian then turned on the tv and watched a bit of television,then when she glanced over,she noticed the potato on her coffee table,and she jumped back and looked at it and then the kitchen counter,to which the bag was empty. Lian looked back at the potato and poked it and flinched when it moved. "Maybe that girl wasn't crazy...." she muttered and poked the potato a couple of times,then she got an idea. She grabbed the potato and firmly gripped it,then she sliced the skin off,put the potato slices in the air fryer,then after 15 minutes,she had herself some fries.

End
Damon took a day off work and goes to a fruit stand, they have potatoes and he buys a few. and damon walks towards the park then he sits on a bench, he calls one of his friends to meet him there in the park, his friend shows up a half hour later since her work place is close to where he is then damon says to Alypia, "hey I'm right here" signaling/showing her where he is, he then said to Alypia, "how are you? It's been a while, hey i got you your favorite. I still don't know what it is a fruit or a vegetable but i like french fries. Here take this potatoes just for you" he said with a smile to Alypia and gave her the potatoes he got for her.

Later that same day both went to her home and both started peeling the potatoes and what was on Damon's mind was mash potatoes or french fries and couldn't decide so he went for mash potatoes, then they both eat and got stuffed eating and having a good day together. "It was delightful and thank you very much, we make a good team of chefs" he said and both smiled.
MasterWinter

Just a bit after midnight on the 10th of July. Here we go!

Never done a Haiku before, so...yeah. Apologizes if it's not right. -hides-

The potato
He has eyes
He is watching you
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.
Hades_

Next day, here we go.

The Potato of the Opera
nightmqre

12:50pm on the 10th
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
6 - Put an emoji of your choice and you’re automatically entered to win!

Flushed Potato
Somnom lights the world with their generosity!

giphy.gif

The Raphael, named after it's ego-maniacal head chef, is the hottest new restaurant in New York. It's the sort of restaurant that doesn't bother putting its prices on the menu because if you have to ask, then you can't afford to eat here. Of course, everyone who makes it through the door can afford to eat here. It's that sort of place too. Reservation only. Months in advance. And the food? Well. It certainly looks pretty.

Angela Caro didn't have a reservation when she'd called this morning yet somehow magically here she sits during the traditional dinner rush. No doubt it helps that she's sitting across from the Solomon Knight, though that had only made it easier. At the end of the day Angela gets what Angela wants. That includes a table in the most pretentious restaurant in the most pretentious city in the world. Right now, however, the thing she truly wants is in the possession of the devilishly handsome man sitting across from her.

"I'm so glad you agreed to this meeting," she purrs as the waiter places their decoratively designed plates of food in front of them. Tilting her head to to smile at the waiter, an expression that does not reach her eyes, she nods. "Another bottle of wine. Put it all on my tab. That will be all."

Of course, she doesn't need to tell the waiter that she's paying for all of this. It had all been a part of the reservation, including the one hundred percent 'service fee' for her last minute acquisition of a table. That little tidbit is obviously for her dinner date. Another tally mark on her side of the negotiating table.

"I just know that we'll be able to come to a mutually beneficial agreement. But first..." Picking up her fork, the curvy brunette swirls a bit of her food onto the tines. Holding the bit of processed beyond recognition potato out towards the man across from her, her smile is absolutely devious. "You really must put this between your lips."
July 10th entry

I couldn’t understand why they were not angry at the yams. Later, I realized it is because they were simply sweet potatoes.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 4.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Somnom's 1 Year Celebration! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus