Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Death is busy with my family. (R.I.P.)

MasterWinter

Hello RPR people, Winter here.

...Good God Odin. I swear death seems to have it out for my family. Yes. I am aware it can happen to anyone, and if you've lost someone recently my condolences go out to you.

I got off the phone with my aunt a short while ago, letting her know the service day for my grandma (the one I moved in with here in GA with her family)...And then my aunt told me some bad news.

My Uncle Bruce died yesterday. Incurable cancer, in the liver I believe. He was at the VA, they took a blood draw, found it, immediately put him on hospice. And he just went like a snap of fingers pretty much. My aunt Diane, his wife, will be living with a son of hers from a previous marriage in North Carolina.

I had a kind of one sided love hate family relationship concerning my Uncle, which I won't get into. But the last interaction I had with him, years ago before moving to GA, ended very poorly between him and I. So much so he told my mom: I will NEVER speak to Winter again! (As a quick note: No he didn't call me Winter, this is done to keep privacy of my rl name.) We both sadly kept that promise of never speaking again. And now I regret it just as my cousin regrets not trying to fix things with our gran before she passed away.

First my mother passed away (her anniversary for a year since she passed is coming up), then my gran, then my Uncle Owen, now my Uncle Bruce. Out of my aunt's siblings, she and my Uncle Paul are left. It went: Uncle Bruce, mom, Uncle Paul, my aunt.

I just...I'm at a loss right now. I had issues with my Uncle, but I didn't even wish ill upon him. And then just like that, he's gone.
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing family is never easy, and sometimes there are seasons that terrible things happen one after the other. I've seen it with others, and have experienced that in my own life as well.

Just know that you are not alone, there are many people (including myself) that will be here for you should you need anything at all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. <3
kungpowdragon23

im so sorry. you have my prayers. i know the pain of loss. im so sorry you had to deal with all this. just know you have friends you can turn to.
I am so sorry that you have lost another family member. You have my condolences and prayers.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

My thanks goes out to you all, I do very much appreciate your condolences and support. I'm just taking the time still to process, come to terms, and accept all this. It's rough emotionally for me, but I'm hanging in there.

I promise that if I need someone, I'll do my best to remember to reach out to people who've offered me to do so.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you,your family.
I am SSOOO sorry for your loss. Take your time to get better, and keep fighting!! My thoughts are with you and your family <3 <3

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
Sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you,your family.

Thank you kindly, my friend. Sorry I've been slow to respond back to this.
ChocolateIceCream wrote:
I am SSOOO sorry for your loss. Take your time to get better, and keep fighting!! My thoughts are with you and your family <3 <3

Thank you, appreciate it.
I wish there was more I could do than simply offer my condolences. You're right about how this sort of thing can happen to anyone, but that doesn't lessen the blow when it does come. I'm just glad that this community has been so kind in their responses to your post, and I just want you to know that I throw in my hat with them.

Of course, if there is ever anything else anyone here can do, you know we're only a PM away.

ConnanBell wrote:
I wish there was more I could do than simply offer my condolences. You're right about how this sort of thing can happen to anyone, but that doesn't lessen the blow when it does come. I'm just glad that this community has been so kind in their responses to your post, and I just want you to know that I throw in my hat with them.

Of course, if there is ever anything else anyone here can do, you know we're only a PM away.

RPR has been very good to me, when it comes to my posting about family death's. Mostly I just post about them so to get it out there, get it out of my system. But to see that I get some condolences, let's me know (or more likely remind me) I do have support. Be it someone who understands me or not. RPR is part of why when I first let it be known my mom (may she rip) had cancer and most likely would pass, the amount of support was just awe inspiring to me. Especially since it was a main support I had since I didn't really have any in rl.

I give my thanks to you as well, as I do with others, for your condolences. It is very much appreciated.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Death is busy with my family. (R.I.P.)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus