Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Pokémon RP! (1x1) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Pokemon OCs (played by Riik)

Gotta catch 'em all? Why?

From a world inhabited only by Pokémon to a more nuanced and critical take on the Pokémon world, here is a selection of ideas for an alternative look into franchise.

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are preferred. If you're a year or so younger than that and feel you're more mature than average, we can discuss things, but there will be extra limits set on RP to keep everyone comfortable regarding the age gap.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

For all of these scenarios, I will play Toby, whose details can be found on this 'character''s profile. Basically, he is a shinx.

Semi-realistic physics will be used in this RP. What I mean is, silly cartoon physics, such as characters with no opposable digits somehow easily holding objects or people being sent 'blasting off' into space will not be present. A scorbunny is probably not going to be able to carry things without using two hands, for example. And if, somehow, Team Rocket were somehow launched high into the sky, the fall will probably be quite fatal. However, there is leeway with realism, particularly when it comes to pokémon abilities. Blast of fire and bolts of electricity will be totally survivable, and characters will be able to take an unnatural beating in a combat situation, to coincide with the games.

No anime characters will appear in this RP. Unless of course those characters are also in other media and have a logical reason to be in a given location.

Scenario 1: Summer camp surprise! (Influenced by the Mystery Dungeon series)

Requirements - Your Character: Human child (Transformed into pokémon)

Toby and your character are 9-year-old children staying out in a summer camp for prospective pokémon trainers. Though innocent in their intentions, both children desperately want to become pokémon masters and can't wait to come of age to start their adventure. In a moment of excitement, the children both spot a ninetales sitting out in the open watching the camp. Though still relative strangers, they conspire to team up to try and catch the ninetales in a pokéball stolen from the camp's storehouse. After the attempt fails, the ninetales curses the children, transforming them into pokémon so that they may learn that pokémon training is not as noble as they originally thought it to be.

Scenario 2: It's a Pokémon's World (Influenced by the Mystery Dungeon series)

Requirements - Your Character: Pokémon (any non-legendary)

Toby and your character are residents of a village inhabited by pokémon, in a world without humans. Though as socially advanced as modern humanity - with some exceptions - technology is limited due to a lack of real need and such a diverse selection of anatomy that it is difficult to make something beneficial to all pokémon. When outlaws raid the town, the mayor rallies for the aid of the villagers to help catch the outlaw leader. But not all is what it seems...

Scenario 3: Resistance to Change (Influenced by the Detective Pikachu movie)

Requirements - Your Character: Human (Must be old enough to be trusted to buy a pet pokémon)

The world is changing. Pokémon training is going out of fashion. Liberal symbiosis and allowing wild pokémon to remain wild are becoming majority public opinion. Pokémon battling is a sport with only a small following now, and numerous city administrations are in the process of banning the use of pokémon in a manner akin to slavery in favour of full employment for pokémon who may benefit from money and voluntary service for others. Still, it is just the start. Pokémon must still be registered to an owner to be considered for pokémon citizenship rights. Many corporations and services still rely on pokémon indentured labour. And there are numerous conservative traditionalists stubbornly refusing to adapt.

Pokémon pet shops are still morally accepted by the bulk of society. Thus when your character (a human) stumbles across a badly managed example of such an establishment, they are compelled to help out a malnourished-looking shinx by adopting it. Weak from hunger, the shinx - Toby - must be carried home.

Witnessing the rescue of Toby by your character, a passing jirachi follows stealthily, silently hovering behind your character. Catching Toby's attention, the jirachi initiates a psychic conversation with the shinx, who weakly wishes for the ability to thank his rescuer. Jirachi grants the wish, giving your character the ability to understand Toby (but no other pokémon), then disappears without your character even knowing they were there.

What lies in wait is a fight against crime as a dubious corporation owned by former Team Rocket members begins its plots to return the world to one where capturing pokémon is the norm.

Scenario 4: Pet Adventure! (Cute antics!)

Requirements - Your Character: Pokémon (Something small and cute)

Your character and Toby are both domestic pokémon in the same neighbourhood. Kept as pets, they are allowed to roam freely 24/7 and even leave the house at will. For a pet pokémon, the littlest of things make big adventures! This scenario is just a bunch of cute fun and antics. Small and cute pokémon work best!

Scenario 5: I guess this is our life now... (Real-world Slice-of-life silliness)

Requirements - Your Character: Human child or teen (Transformed into pokémon)

Your character and Toby are classmates at school (any class between ages 6-16) - and both pokémon fans. On his way to school, Toby stops in at his favourite store to buy a snack to eat during break and finds the usual cashier to be replaced by a mysterious-looking old lady (unbeknownst to Toby, she is an alien in disguise!). She calls Toby over and tells him that the store has received a trial of a new pokémon-branded candy that they are giving away for free. The old lady pulls a pair of small hard candies out from under the counter, one with a wrapper decorated with a shinx face, and the other with the face of your pokémon of choice. Toby thanks the lady and pockets them, before also buying a bottle of soda and heading into school.

Knowing your character's favourite pokémon is the other one he was given, Toby waits until he is in a class with your character, then when the teacher leaves the room, gives your character the candy. The students decide to eat their candy together, and both find the taste to be remarkably good. Soon, the teacher returns and after a few minutes of nothing interesting happening, suddenly Toby and your character start to feel oddly tingly. Then suddenly, with a flash and a pop, they are transformed into pokémon! Still thankfully maintaining their ability of speech, the students must learn to adapt to life as pokémon whilst trying to continue their studies.

BONUS SCENARIOS!

These scenarios are ones that I want to play a different Pokémon other than Toby for.

Bonus Scenario 1: Galactic Adventures! (Space Sci-fi) My Character: Arthur (Sylveon)

Requirements - Your Character: Quadrupedal Pokémon (Preferably an eeveelution)

Space is inhabited by a variety of sapient species, some living in harmony, others at war. Humans are the dominant species, present in a large number of space nations, many of which they are in charge of. Bipedal humanoid pokémon make up the majority of civilised aliens. From machamps to hitmonlees to scythers.

Amongst those few quadrupedal civilised pokémon are eevees and their evolutions. So rare they are that to meet one in a lifetime is itself unlikely; let alone two of them working together. Arthur is one such being - a sylveon space adventurer, travelling the stars in a craft specially designed to be operated by quadrupedal pokémon. It is a ship with no chairs. With floor controls, a number of additional automated systems and mouth-operated appliances.

The life of an adventurous freelancer is one with many dangers and many perks. And often quite lonely. Which is why it is often better done with a partner. Thus Arthur sets out to find a co-pilot.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Scenario 3: Resistance to Change (Influenced by the Detective Pikachu movie)

Requirements - Your Character: Human (Must be old enough to be trusted to buy a pet pokémon)

The world is changing. Pokémon training is going out of fashion. Liberal symbiosis and allowing wild pokémon to remain wild are becoming majority public opinion. Pokémon battling is a sport with only a small following now, and numerous city administrations are in the process of banning the use of pokémon in a manner akin to slavery in favour of full employment for pokémon who may benefit from money and voluntary service for others. Still, it is just the start. Pokémon must still be registered to an owner to be considered for pokémon citizenship rights. Many corporations and services still rely on pokémon indentured labour. And there are numerous conservative traditionalists stubbornly refusing to adapt.

Pokémon pet shops are still morally accepted by the bulk of society. Thus when your character (a human) stumbles across a badly managed example of such an establishment, they are compelled to help out a malnourished-looking shinx by adopting it. Weak from hunger, the shinx - Toby - must be carried home.

Witnessing the rescue of Toby by your character, a passing jirachi follows stealthily, silently hovering behind your character. Catching Toby's attention, the jirachi initiates a psychic conversation with the shinx, who weakly wishes for the ability to thank his rescuer. Jirachi grants the wish, giving your character the ability to understand Toby (but no other pokémon), then disappears without your character even knowing they were there.

What lies in wait is a fight against crime as a dubious corporation owned by former Team Rocket members begins its plots to return the world to one where capturing pokémon is the norm.

Hello! i am very interested in Scenario 3 and i think i have a good character for it. would you rather have it that i dmed you or showed them off here?
Pokemon OCs (played by Riik) Topic Starter

hmm.... drop me a PM, I think.

Re-opening this.
Greetings!

I will be sending you a message and I believe that you and I could become the best of friends in the future and for long term!

Added a new section for bonus scenarios!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Pokémon RP! (1x1) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus