Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello, I'm new!

Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this site, (joined today) and I'm looking for some awesome (long-term) RP partners! I do anything romance, with character ages from 18-26, maybe a bit lower or higher if requested. I'm comfortable with any type of romance, except MxM, but FxF and MxF are fine! Send me a message if your interested, and I'll reply as soon as I can. Also, if anyone would be so nice, and send me some tips on how to get started with an RP, I'd appreciate it a lot! Thanks, and can't wait to meet all of you <3
Heya, welcome to RPR. You'll find lots of awesome people, places, things, verbs, adjectives, nouns.... you name it! Here are a few things that may help you to get started. :D

Find RP: is a great way to look for ads other players have put up looking for other players to join in and collab in a game that already has some seed of a plot.

LFRP: Is much the same as Find RP, but you can put up your own ad that can be seen by anyone in the applicable filters.

In both cases you can use filters to find exactly what you are looking for for your optimal RP experience. Also, don't forget about GROUPS, where you can find whole worlds to RP in with other people.

Happy gaming!! See ya around! <3
Hello and welcome!

Cheers to making a ton of friends and being a part of a ton of fun RPs!
sarah18394729

Newbies players welcome hello, and may I personally welcome you to our website that thousands of people from all over the world come to when they are bored.

Returning players welcome back my fellow players I am glad that you have returned and may I say that RPRepository has changed so much that now people all over the world have come to this site when they're bored.
Hey there, welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here!!
pixl.Bee

hi Panda!! welcome to the site! hope you enjoy your time here! :3
Rogue-Scribe

Welcome to RP Repository!
Hi there, and welcome to RPR! :) I hope you'll have a wonderful time here!

So, to get started, there are a lot of lovely things in the upper dropdown menu, like links to Community and Find RP and Help, and a Getting Started Guide as well. :) :D
If you want to jump into RP immediately, the Find RP would be good. As people have said previously here, there's a tool and a forum, and it's a great way to get started! You can use it to start an RP, find an RP, and join an RP that's already been going! Sometimes RPs are closed, but sometimes they need lots of players, or would be happy to have an extra. So, find one you like, maybe two, even! And you can hop right on in.
If you're not an experienced roleplayer, and you'd like some tips regarding RP in general... I'll do my best to help out. ;) :) :D
So, to start, you need an RP idea. Say you want to roleplay superheroes, but you're not sure where to go with it. Well, maybe you like Marvel or DC. You could always make a roleplay based off of those, where you play as characters from either universe. Or both! Maybe the universes collide? So, from there, you could decide which characters you want in the RP. You could start an RP topic, saying you want Jean Grey, Rogue, and Aquaman, and you'll be playing as The Flash. You may or may not have a storyline you want to happen... You would detail the main storyline if you had one, or just have a main goal in mind, like defeating a main enemy or getting the universes back to their proper state. Or something like that.
If, however, you didn't want to have set characters, you could just starts topic like, "looking for a free-for-all RP with multiple superheroes!" And also say whether or not villains are allowed. That sort of thing.
If you wanted to do superheroes but didn't know much about Marvel or DC or whatever, or you just didn't want to play those characters, you could make your own superhero universe based off of those. Or, you could make a new one entirely! Make sure to set some rules, of course, and maybe say the amount of characters you want and if villains are allowed, or what the storyline is like... Or if you want to make it up as you go along! This might be difficult as it's hard to get people to agree sometimes, but if you have good rules and can moderate well, it should be fine. You could even ask for a player to moderate your game if it's serious! Oh, and there are lots of RP prompts in the News posts, so if you dig through there for a bit, it shouldn't be too hard to find good story ideas. :)
I hope this helped! You might not be interested in superheroes at all. Maybe you like wizards better. Who knows? :P
Anyway, feel free to message me if you want to ask more questions, or if you just wanna chat or virtually hang out or whatever. Lots of people on the site would be happy to help you, and probably even RP with you! Heheh. :) So go out there and have a great time! :D :) :3
If you have a problem, there are both Bug Report Forms and Mod Request buttons, for whatever problem you may have on the site, depending on the type and severity. So! There you go! The Help section really is very helpful, and the Forums, Threads, and Groups are all amazing things to go through, so maybe you can try that out! Have fun! Maybe I'll see you around. :) Or not. Who knows? :P :) :D

That's about it from me. Hope you'll have a great time here. Have fun, be good, stay respectful of your fellow RPRians and all that, get your creativity flowing all good, and let your storylines happen! Whapow, shabam! Hurray! Maybe you'll even make some friends! :D Have a good one, new person! Byebye!
-Shinyrainbowlithogra
:) ;) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D :D :P :3 :) :D :P :) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Hello and welcome to RPR! I think for me the best way I get to starting rps is usually by messaging the person I want to rp with and just plotting out where or how they should meet.
Hello hello! Welcome to RPR!

I think most people above have given you good advice on how to find roleplays that match your desires.
If you have any questions though, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

May this site bring you joy and inspiration,

Syl
MordosKull

Greetings and well met.
Kim Site Admin

We've already talked via PM, but I wanted to make sure I welcomed you in your intro topic too! :)
Welcome to RPR! I'm also a sucker for romance. I would love to rp with you, however I have a lot going on right now. If you dm me we could still chat OOC? I hope you enjoy your time here! <3
Icysoul

Welcome
Welcome! there's a lot you can do here, you could start by making a character or two and advertising them with some details about what you want to do. You can make an advertisement post in Find RP to look for someone, go to Forums and make a post in Looking for RP or look at other people's characters and maybe get inspired to join them too!
MoonPanda123 Topic Starter

Thanks everyone for the welcome <3 <3 I'm a little late to respond, but I think I've learned my way around!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello, I'm new!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus