Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Not the trend but... Mod reports...

To Nobles and the civilians of this great land.

Mods: when you respond to a report and someone replies to you, do you get that back? Do you appreciate it when people thank you for addressing the reports? Is it not a big deal either way or is it just something else to read in your busy life of RPR work?

Civilians: when you report a problem or something do you thank the mods or do you just acknowledge it knowing its taken care of?

I don't think anything is wrong or right, I just wonder what others do or appreciate because I like to say thank you, but I always feel like.. Maybe Im replying to a do-not-reply email so I just wanted to see what people thought and how Mods feel. 😅😅
Auberon Moderator

Personally, I'm always happy to know how someone feels about a report being handled, but if they don't respond, I'm not fussed about it. Our responses to reporters are sent as individual PMs, so if someone responds, the mod who sent the message will receive the reply (official communications may be shared with the rest of the team, though). :)
Sanne Moderator

lxveisabadword wrote:
Mods: when you respond to a report and someone replies to you, do you get that back? Do you appreciate it when people thank you for addressing the reports? Is it not a big deal either way or is it just something else to read in your busy life of RPR work?

It's a little context dependent! Sometimes we do need extra information so it's important someone gets back to us, but most of the time it's not necessary. It's always nice to hear back though. :) I read every message someone sends back, personally, and it's always nice to have confirmation my response was received.
Quote:
Civilians: when you report a problem or something do you thank the mods or do you just acknowledge it knowing its taken care of?

Even as a mod I report things! I can't always get to issues when I see them myself (busy irl, sick, no spoons etc.) so I put them in the queue for myself to handle later, or someone else can pick it up when they get around to it. (It's very efficient. ;) ) If someone else handles it I always try to send a thank you.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Not the trend but... Mod reports...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus