Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » LF GM for a D&D 5e Roleplay on Discord (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

RoleplayBee

I'm looking for 3-5 participants for a D&D themed roleplay. We will use 5e mechanics (mostly just for combat) and one member will take on the role of GM, playing NPCs and directing scenes. However, unlike a D&D game, I think we should all take part in the plotting and worldbuilding.

Requirements to Join:
    * Use discord
    * Able to write at least 3 sentences per reply.
    * Able to reply at least once a day on average.
    * Will seek to engage with the story and make things happen.

Plot will depend on the GM foremost, but should be decided as a group. (The GM shouldn't be pressured into running something they're not interested in just because the group wants it.) I do have a few ideas that I'll share, but feel free to bring your own ideas, or we can come up with something together.

Myrehall
Some wannabe adventurers find themselves passing through an unusual village in their time of need. They stick around after saving the day once, just to have another problem crop up. Soon the village offers them a home in exchange for being the local adventurers.

Slumbering
Magical girls meet D&D. A forgettable mining town is changed when they discover an old god sleeping deep in their minds. A wound keeps it asleep, but allows it's dreams to roam free. The town must learn to fight and contain the dreams, while searching for a way to prevent the old god's awakening.

Song of the Void
The world is plagued by rifts that leak void essence and void beings. The void is held at bay by the Dragonborn, those who are gifted the blood of the guardian dragon so they can destroy the void beings.
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Character sheets & strict mechanics, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

pixl.Bee

Hi, I'm interested in this! >:)
RoleplayBee Topic Starter

pixl.bee wrote:

I assume you mean as a player and not the GM?
pixl.Bee

RoleplayBee wrote:
pixl.bee wrote:

I assume you mean as a player and not the GM?
Yeah... I mean, being the GM sounds fun but I don't think I have enough experience with that to be right for the position.
To be honest, I don't have any experience, but I'm very interested in joining. Just gotta find a good DM.
I could be a dm. Only issue is I’m semi busy and play 4e not 5e, but I’m willing to learn!
I understand this is marked as closed and that I am late to the party, but would you let me know if any player slots open up, I would love to be a part of this as well.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 19.

Note: I adore the idea of the players being part of the world building.

Do you have enough people, or may I join?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » LF GM for a D&D 5e Roleplay on Discord (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus