Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Better way to upload photos

JetStorm

Can I make a suggestion? I am a bit stupid when it comes to putting gifs or photos on my profile,entering long codes is a real pain,can there be one of those options(Similar to facebook) where you can click on a photo icon and it instantly takes you to the photos you saved on whatever device. I do want to make my forum posts look interesting,but entering long codes and getting the code wrong is a pain.

As for the photo icon above the text box,it just shows me a Url and I don't know how to use that either,is there a possibility to make it simpler? If not,I understand.
Claine Moderator

This would require the image to be uploaded to the server and would be immeasurably expensive. There's a reason characters only get a limited number is image slots!
JetStorm Topic Starter

Claine wrote:
This would require the image to be uploaded to the server and would be immeasurably expensive. There's a reason characters only get a limited number is image slots!

Okay,I wasn't trying to sound rude,it was only a suggestion. Like I said in the bottom,and I quote "If you can't do this,then I understand" So you don't need to be rude.
Kim Site Admin

Claine's response appeared to be informational, not aggressive. And she said essentially what I would have to say; this isn't feasible, at least right now.

Does the info provided here help at all? https://www.rprepository.com/index.php/help/bbcode#69
JetStorm Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Claine's response appeared to be informational, not aggressive. And she said essentially what I would have to say; this isn't feasible, at least right now.

Does the info provided here help at all? https://www.rprepository.com/index.php/help/bbcode#69

I see...my apologies....I tried this,and my code still came out wrong.
On some images you have to copy the link address others is copying the image address, hope that helps with your confusion (Right-click/ click and hold on mobile)
I've had the same kind of problem, trying to upload drawings I made onto posts, and found a sort of solution:

The problem being that RPR cannot hold all of these images on its server, means it can be solved by uploading on a different server, and then using the link option provided for all posts and messages.

I'm mostly using the deviantart stash, but I've heard of others using something called imgur (and making their post hidden).

I hope this helps?
Kim Site Admin

JetStorm wrote:
Kim wrote:

I see...my apologies....I tried this,and my code still came out wrong.

Can you show us your code so we can help? :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Better way to upload photos

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus