Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » A contradictory problem, need advice

Any who have an active rp with me know I am currently on burnout and not responding well. To some degree I'm enjoying the break to get things done in real life but I'm finding myself with a second burnout because of what I'm trying to do.

Before I joined RPR I started building a world. This Worldbuilding has been my destressor and more. Once I joined RPR and saw Tamnyera I think it is...it looked like something fun to do with my world! Create it so others could enjoy it. After starting the group in hopes of preparing it for others I soon ran into a new problem...I realized I need help...lots of help. Now I find I'm burning out both with rps and my distressing activity which is making me feel like a failure due to not finishing anything which brings me to these questions.
  • Is posting a LFRP a good way to find help for trying to build a world and group?
  • Is that a good idea when you're already slow to reply to existing rps?
  • Am I just insane or selfish wanting to derail to Worldbuilding based rps for a time?
  • Would posting for help with worldbuilding when the world is in rough shape be ok?
  • If you are/theoretically one rping with me, how would you view me looking for aide with a world when rps are lacking?
  • Advice in general?

Might be missing some questions but...good start?
heartsky

LunarValravn wrote:
Any who have an active rp with me know I am currently on burnout and not responding well. To some degree I'm enjoying the break to get things done in real life but I'm finding myself with a second burnout because of what I'm trying to do.

Before I joined RPR I started building a world. This Worldbuilding has been my destressor and more. Once I joined RPR and saw Tamnyera I think it is...it looked like something fun to do with my world! Create it so others could enjoy it. After starting the group in hopes of preparing it for others I soon ran into a new problem...I realized I need help...lots of help. Now I find I'm burning out both with rps and my distressing activity which is making me feel like a failure due to not finishing anything which brings me to these questions.
  • Is posting a LFRP a good way to find help for trying to build a world and group?
  • Is that a good idea when you're already slow to reply to existing rps?
  • Am I just insane or selfish wanting to derail to Worldbuilding based rps for a time?
  • Would posting for aide when the world is in rough shape be ok?
  • If you are/theoretically one rping with me, how would you view me looking for aide with a world when rps are lacking?
  • Advice in general?

Might be missing some questions but...good start?

I'll try my best to answer your questions...
  • I haven't used LFRP myself but I don't see why not? I would also post in the relevant forum if you haven't already.
  • I would recommend maybe taking a break from RP and just focusing on worldbuilding - one thing at a time, you know? A good RP partner respects your time and energy.
  • Nope! Like I said, taking a break might actually help your motivation. It's better to write what you actually want to write than force yourself to RP. Trust me, I've been there myself.
  • Again, I haven't personally done this but I can't think of a reason why not. It's going to have rough patches at any stage, working together with other people to smooth out those patches is part of the fun of worldbuilding, in my opinion.
  • I wouldn't mind at all! Just let your RP partners know what the situation is. As long as you communicate with them, there's nothing wrong with taking a break or shifting your focus to other projects.

I think it would be better to take a break from your RP's than force yourself to write. It's more fun to read a response and reply to someone who is enjoying themselves!
LunarValravn Topic Starter

heartsky wrote:
I'll try my best to answer your questions...
  • I haven't used LFRP myself but I don't see why not? I would also post in the relevant forum if you haven't already.
  • I would recommend maybe taking a break from RP and just focusing on worldbuilding - one thing at a time, you know? A good RP partner respects your time and energy.
  • Nope! Like I said, taking a break might actually help your motivation. It's better to write what you actually want to write than force yourself to RP. Trust me, I've been there myself.
  • Again, I haven't personally done this but I can't think of a reason why not. It's going to have rough patches at any stage, working together with other people to smooth out those patches is part of the fun of worldbuilding, in my opinion.
  • I wouldn't mind at all! Just let your RP partners know what the situation is. As long as you communicate with them, there's nothing wrong with taking a break or shifting your focus to other projects.

I think it would be better to take a break from your RP's than force yourself to write. It's more fun to read a response and reply to someone who is enjoying themselves!

Sorry it took forever to get to this! Thanks for your input! Looks like Worldbuilding will be my focus here for a time. Building the world should help give more ideas for rps too.

Does fighting the "must reply" urge fade/get easier to deal with over time?

I haven't put an add up for the group yet but should do so soon.
heartsky

No worries, I'm glad I could help!

I think so. Remember that the only person putting pressure on you to reply is yourself! Like I said, a good RP partner wouldn't prioritise RP over a person's wellbeing.
Dragutin (played anonymously)

Is posting a LFRP a good way to find help for trying to build a world and group?
I have personally used LFRP to focus on particular aspects of the setting I am on/off working on. So, yes, I believe that it can be so long as you make sure to offer something for the person RPing with you as well to make it fair.

Is that a good idea when you're already slow to reply to existing rps?
Inspiration strikes differently at times. You can be inspired for something you aren't writing collaboratively on yet - it happens. Generally if you politely explain that you aren't leaving the RP but want to focus on another for a whole then people are likely to be understanding.

Am I just insane or selfish wanting to derail to Worldbuilding based rps for a time?
Not in the slightest on either count.

Would posting for aide when the world is in rough shape be ok?
I am not sure what you mean by 'posting for aide' exactly.

If you are/theoretically one rping with me, how would you view me looking for aide with a world when rps are lacking?
Hypothetically, I wouldn't mind. As I said previously, I'd rather you RPed with me when the inspiration genuinely struck than forcing yourself to reply in a manner that makes you feel like you are drawing blood from a stone in terms of your posts.
LunarValravn Topic Starter

Stigandr wrote:
Would posting for aide when the world is in rough shape be ok?
I am not sure what you mean by 'posting for aide' exactly.

I meant posting for help, specifically with worldbuilding and organizing the group or whatever... Will edit that.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » A contradictory problem, need advice

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus