Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » CLOSED// Fall- Pumpkin pies and ghostly sighs.

Lucinda Smith (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Alwina had medication? Was something wrong? Perhaps she was allergic to something? Lucinda wanted to inquire about it, though bringing up something perhaps personal in front of others may have been frowned upon. Everyone had given her the privacy regarding her leg brace afterall. Therefore she held her peace and simply accepted Alwina's help with a smile. "Thank you...so that's how your supposed to hold it!" The girl worked happily together with those around her, enjoying the company more then her goofy smile could even express.

A few minutes into the carving Lucinda finally finished prying open the top of her pumpkin. With a firm tug- the stem of the pumpkin bounced off the counter top and down under the dining table against the glass wall. "Guess I don't know my own strength!" Clamoring out of her chair and searching for her pumpkins lost top, she spotted it underneath the dining table. Upon going to fetch it she was soon completely covered by the table. The pumpkin top Lucy found was leaning up against something...what appeared to be an old rose. It was halfly dried and dead, while miraculously the other half was full of color and life. Each petal was different...One a vibrant red while the other was vibrant lilac- matching the colors of her friends hairs. Lucinda reached forward to grab hold of it, instantly pricking herself upon the sharp thorn. "Ow-" She whispered, putting her finger in her mouth. All at once, the room the group were in would fill with a chill- as if an air conditioner was turned on suddenly. Wrapping her hand within her baggy sleeve, the girl successfully grabbed and pulled out the rose.

"Woah- guys! What luck~" Squirming out from under the table she held the rose in her hand, raising it high as if it were some trophy. "Do you think I could use this for our pumpkins? It could be coming out of it's mouth or something~? Maybe we could....guys?" Lucinda looked around and would find that no one was in the room any longer. Infact...her pumpkins were gone...and the room was decorated completely different! The bright sun had vanished from out of the windows- the outside being cloaked with the darkness of night. "Uhm...guys?"

From the perspective of the others, Lucinda wouldn't have appeared out from under the table. All that was left was the same rose and the pumpkin top. Lucinda had vanished!
Sandra Sherman (played by randomentity777)

"Lucy?" Sandra asked cautiously. She peeks under the table, then looks at Alwina and Kiran. "She just...disappeared. Did anyone else see that?"
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

Kiran had gone into full focus mode with his pumpkin carving, using the scalpels to delicately carve out the shape of a single large eye. Not cutting all the way through but layering it to give depth. Looking up to the ladies around him and appearing sheepish at his level of skill “I use these things on a daily basis..” trying to justify himself.

He glanced at Alwina at her claim of medication, he assumed it was something else but they were both still playing covert at the moment. Watching the pumpkin top fly through the air he moved to go retrieve it but Lucy was faster so he settled back down to keep working on his own. The feeling of the temperature plummeting had Kiran react as if he had been electrocuted, shooting out of his seat, scalpel still in hand, standing in a defensive position. He knew that feeling all too well as often he was the one such a sensation emitted from. Lucy had also gone quiet at the same time and Sandra only confirmed his fears.

Walking over to the table he crouched down and saw the pumpkin top and the rose. The pumpkin he wasn’t worried about but that rose was instantly disliked. “Alwina…come look..what you make of this…?” He prayed that the theories in his head of what was happening right now were not true but couldn’t confirm nor deny anything at this point. One thing was for certain was there was some supernatural nonsense happening right now.
Alwina Coldwill (played by Thatnerdychick)

Alwina sighed and opened up the bag, within it was a single brass coin which she tossed into the air. the coin disappeared as Alwina's eyes went from purple, to green. she looked at sandra. "Not a word to anyone about this." she knelt down next to Kiran. "Time to cut the act yeah?" she looked at the rose, and with her magic active as it was, she could see the emanations. "It's a portal of some sort. blood activated. You say here and wait five minutes. I'm gonna go in and see if I can get her out. if not.. come in after me." she reached to the flower and pricked her finger on the thorn. Just like that, she'd join lucinda. her eyes of course, were very much a different color now so that'd be hard for lucy to miss. "And now you know why I was on edge.."

Lucy had picked herself up, staring dumbfoundedly at the strange decor. It rang the theme of vintage: an old telephone plastered to the wall- an static filled radio could be heard from the living room. Hues wide in her disbelief, she jumped harshly as the familiar voice of Alwina broke through her gaze. Immediatly she drew closer to Alwina- though her gaze was everywhere else. "A-alwina! Look look! The room changed and our pumpkins are gone?? Where did everyone...go?" Finally looking up to the woman she noticed the color of her eyes had changed suddenly. One could see the wheels turning in the girls head as she stepped back with furrowed brows. Lucinda couldn't comprehend what was happening. "Alwina...?"

Kiran and Sandra, meanwhile would notice Alwina had completely vanished away- leaving just the two along with their pumpkins. The Rose which had been half dead was now almost looking fully bloom- as if the life force has fully replenished the dead plant.

Sandra looks at the rose under the table, and then back to Kiran. "Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked nervously, as unlike the rest of them, she had no experience in dealing with weird and paranormal stuff like this.

Kiran gritted his teeth, where was Siobhan when he needed her? this happened more than he would have liked. He nodded to Alwina and her mention of dropping the act that they didn’t know magic. “Well..at least it’s in my field of understanding..” blood activated rose, he’d be fascinated if there wasn’t the risk of loosing a person and unseen creatures hanging around.

The idea of going in and leaving Sandra didn’t particularly thrill him, having one on each side seemed to make sense but he’d wait and see if Alwina could get Lucy out. Looking at the rose now it concerned him considerably, he had no idea what to expect if it returned to full bloom.

“I need to get stuff out of my room…DON’T for any reason touch that rose…I’ll be back in seconds…” Standing up from the table and running up the stairs to his room to grab multiple glass blood vials and clean scalpels not covered in pumpkin. Rushing back down the stairs as fast as he could.

Alwina let out a soft sigh. "Yes it's me Lucy.. Yes my eyes are green. that's how this particular spell works. I'm looking through the eyes of my benefactors. And yes, the room is different. That tends to happen when you go through a portal. Welcome to reality. magic is real and so are ghosts. Kiran and I are practioners of magic. Now then. Don't move anywhere. the others are on our side of existence. Gonna need some time to open a rift back." she said as she pulled the book free of the chains and opened it up. "Don't look inside this book you'll get a headache." she said as she flipped a few pages forward. she shed her coat, tying the sleeves around her waist, those tattoos of hers glowing as she began to chant softly.

"M-magic? Wha?" Unable to comprehend all that was happening before her, Lucy merely sat and watched as Alwina began to chant. Was that even english ? Things only got more peculiar as suddenly Alwina's unrecongnizeable tattoos began to glow. This was all so strange. How should she properly react? "Magic is real...real is magic. Whaa..." Lucinda found she wasn't really able to think. Her mind was utterly blank.

"No...I swear I heard voices." A female voice could be heard faintly coming from down the stairs. Footsteps pressed against the same wooden stairs just out of view of the two girls who were in the kitchen. Now, Lucinda didn't really know why but she felt that she didn't want to be seen. She was in an unknown place with unknown people afterall! Shaking hands reached for Alwina's hand. "W-wait...someone's coming. I don't wanna be here..please help me hide?" Straight fear was visible in her eyes as she hoped the smaller woman would assist her.

The strange rose remained in place for both groups. Lucy's rose which was now fully living rested on the floor as where she had dropped it. The half lively rose where now only Sandra was still there, almost beckoning to be roughed for it was so beautiful.

Pockets full of glass vials and sharp objects Kiran practically flew down the stairs, one slip up and he would have gone face first into the wooden floor. Sprinting the short distance from the bottom of the stairs to the kitchen once again. Had five minutes past already? he hoped not, not wanting to go in there and leave Sandra on this side. Cursing under his breath he continued to wait.

The footsteps drew ever closer to Lucy, and the girl decided to hide for herself. Quickly scurrying under the table, her leg brace producing a cacophony of whines and squeaks, Lucinda squished herself into the corner under the different dining table. The strange voice drew closer to the room, and Lucy covered her mouth to prevent herself from possibly squeaking.

Yet as Lucinda brought up her hands she noticed that her fingertips were see through. As if flickering in and out of extistance- phasing from a solid to a ghostly form, her body was starting it change. The sight only freaked the woman out as she tried to shake her hands back into solidity! Unfortunately, her efforts were fruitless.

The reflection of the mysterious person from the stairs could be seen from a mirror on an adjacent wall in the kitchen. Down came a woman, tall and thin while dressed in a vintage purple dress. Her hair was neatly in an updo. Powerful heels clicked on the floor as she made way for the kitchen. Just as she was about to enter into the room-

Knock Knock!.

"Finally here?" The woman muttered to herself as the front door caught her attention. Turning on her heels the lady made way for the door. Lucy could just barely see the reflection of the woman from her hiding place. While the time felt incredibly slow for the fearful Lucinda, in reality time was flowing on by. The two women would have been within the strange confines of this alternate reality for atleast 7 minutes. Kiran and Sandra may have noticed not much had changed. There had been no sign from Alwina and the rose remained on the ground. It wasn't until ten minutes had passed that the pumpkins the group had been carving began to decay. Unbeliavble fast. The plump orange surfaces of the pumpkins were darkening- slumping over- dying.

Alwina grinned as she released the book, which was left floating in the air. "want to pull folks into your world... WELL YOU'RE IN MINE NOW!" a rift ripped open which forced both sides of the portal to overlay, the one with vintage decorations being somewhat faded as the reality which Alwina hailed from was chosen as the somewhat dominant one. Thus. All entities were now in the same place. Alwina, Lucinda, Kiran, Sandra, and whomever had been on the other side of that rose. "HA!" she exclaimed with a smirk.

"Well, I'm glad you guys are okay." Sandra said. "I'm afraid the pumpkins are ruined, though." She gestures to the now withered pumpkins on the table.

Kiran cursed loudly as the rift appeared to split reality in half then collect itself once again. Everyone was now in the same place “Show off!” he huffed at Alwina with a smirk “Not everyone can do dimensional magic….” he could do something like this but not as flashy. He peered under the dining room table to see where Lucy was “Are you alright? is everyone ok?” checking in with each of the women. Removing a razor from his pocket he'd keep hold of it as his own security blanket.

"Ahhh!" Lucy gasped startled as suddenly a flash red came from the other side of the table. Oh...after further inspection it was Kiran's red hair that had flashed before her eyes. Dumbfounded she peered up at him before scrambling forward and looking out from under the table all together. "E-eh your here. Sandra too and Alwina and...everything's normal again?" Indeed as Lucinda peered around she noted everything was just as it was. Wide hues beheld the contemporary decor replaced the vintage flair which the other location had once had...though Lucy swore she could still see the other world faintly overlaying her current reality.

"W-where did...was that some kind of fever dream?" The girl muttered, feeling her head. At some point her hand had gone back to being intact. "But there was this lady by the door. Where did she- erm!" Shutting closed her mouth, the trembling girl sat petrified as she could see, clear as day, the woman was still present infront of the door. Her long and thin figure stayed motionless by the door before her heels clicked and the woman turned to behold the group of four. Thin fingers remained neatly grasped infront if her form, old eyes seemed to look around in bewilderment.

"Ghosts reside her...four. Perhaps 5?" The woman stared to Sandra's stomach momentarily. "Jonah...write it down. I've made contact with 5 ghosts. " The woman said calmly. "Wait..two seem to be more powerful. Demons. 3 ghosts and two demons." She concluded speaking to...no one visible.

"What is it you want?" The woman asked finally.

Alwina, being most of the time a rather calm woman, took a few moments blink a couple of times as she registered the situation. Her shoulder slumped and she sighed. "Oh for the love of Jesus above.." she gestured with her left hand in a knife like gesture and just let the words fly. "Lady. One of two things has just happened. Either one of use got our particular plane of existence pulled towards the other. Or, you have been dead for a very long time. They're not ghosts, and last time I checked I didn't burst into flames during sunday services.." she sighed. Kiran.. you.. you deal with this I have a headache coming on." she groaned as she snapped her book shut, tucked it under her arm, and sat down.

“Hey hey! It’s fine, only me!” Kiran tried to calm the frightened girl under the table “Yes we’re all here it’s fine and yeah….welcome to our world I guess…” he gave her a weak smile. Pausing to look up and stare at the woman Lucy was terrified of, confused and watching her speak to someone that wasn’t them and then finally addressing the four of them. “Who’s she calling a demon?” He assumed it had to be himself and Alwina this mystery woman was addressing.

Kiran couldn’t help but laugh “I think I’ve seen this film somewhere before, just so you know I know next to nothing about ghosts…” Not overly fond of having the buck passed to him but he’d give it a shot. Slowly he wandered over to the strange woman to judge her reaction to his approach, razor in hand just in case anything got a little too dicey for his liking. “One of us is dead and it sure as hell isn’t me, what year is it?” he’d question the woman, not answering her’s for the time being.

Sandra looks at Kiran, Alwina, Lucy, and the new mysterious woman. "Is it normal for things to be this weird?" She's understandably freaked out by all of this. What had started with a nice walk in the forest and a chance to do a good turn for some people who needed help had become an adventure into spooky and paranormal things that Sandra was not fully prepared to deal with. "I'm not as familiar with all of this as you guys, so I feel a bit out of my depth here."

"I just...wanted to carve pumpkins." The shivering Lucinda stated before hugging Sandra weakly. "I don't like mean tricks if someone's doing this..."

"Jonah....one's got razor blades. I fear the murder which happened may have been too great. Perhaps this man is the one who killed them all...? How strange...I only felt one ghost in the house before now there are five? Maybe it was the aggressive woman?" The woman cast a side glance to the now sitting Alwina.

Upon seeing that her questions were getting nowhere and that now Kiran came before her with a razor, she backed away from Kiran- sharp eyes staring at him. "You are in the year 1942. It's August 25th. You are currently residing in the Foakes household...and I was called here to exterminate the ghosts. You see I have a gift that allows me to interact with you poor and unfortunate souls." Braving it and approaching Kiran the woman would speak softly. "Now...as hard as this may be to believe, you are indeed a ghost. "

"But we aren't!" Lucy cried, freezing up as the woman cast a glance towards her.

"W-we just came here for a shared vacation...a-and we were carving pumpkins. Or...did we never make it to the pumpkin patch? Did the strange bear actually eat us?" Grabbing at her head Lucinda began to ramble to herself at all the possible ways they could have died.

"I know this must be hard for you." The woman stated calmly. "And I am here to help you reach the other side. Okay?" She said, her voice wavering in and out between normal and ghastly. From her pocket she pulled out a syringe and she approached Kiran with unnatural speed. "Be gooood." Said the now twisted voice.

"I don't think so." she snapped her book back open. tendrils ripping out for thin air would move with great speed to ensnare the syringe wielding woman. "Either you're lying, or you're one twisted soul. Let's peel back the veil and take a peek." she'd say with a cold look on her face as she casted a spell to reveal the true nature this self proclaimed investigator for all to see. "You cannon hide from they who sleep. show.. me. the truth."(I keep missing the notification for this)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » CLOSED// Fall- Pumpkin pies and ghostly sighs.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus