Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Seeking light fantasy, high-magic advent (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello. :) I'll get straight to the point: I like stories about magic and nature. I love playing out tales of adventure involving magical creatures, fantastic places, wonder, whimsy, imagination. I love worlds where magic is coming out the wazoo; flying ships, singing forests, wishing stones, you name it. I like settings where the point is to go on an adventure, make new friends, get cool treasure, solve problems in worlds apart, and have heartwarming character moments.

I'm not opposed to combat per se, and I do think stories could do with some conflict, but I don't think that conflict always needs to be direct battle where both parties are in danger of death. I think there are plenty of other ways to create problems for characters to solve besides. Having said that, I don't mind a little fighting, so long as it doesn't get too violent. I'm a very squeamish person.

I'm seeking out a group of people who might want the same thing as me.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, Will be played with a small group of players.

Hey, I am very interested, and would love to join in with my character, so long as you don't mind a gunslinger.
Aardbei Topic Starter

DoctorBepperis wrote:
Hey, I am very interested, and would love to join in with my character, so long as you don't mind a gunslinger.

Sounds fun. My limits are gore and excessive violence, but there's plenty of gunslingers in G-rated media, and as a kid I thought cowboys were cool, ha.
Greetings! Not sure if you're still looking but this was in the LFG list so, assuming so!

I've been meaning to find a fantasy adventure with a plot that isn't basically a fight club. Been meaning to throw in some social situation shenanigans for quite a while.

Anyhow, please let me know if you're still looking for people for this as it seems interesting!
Aardbei Topic Starter

Uiop4877 wrote:
Greetings! Not sure if you're still looking but this was in the LFG list so, assuming so!

I've been meaning to find a fantasy adventure with a plot that isn't basically a fight club. Been meaning to throw in some social situation shenanigans for quite a while.

Anyhow, please let me know if you're still looking for people for this as it seems interesting!

I honestly didn't have anything planned myself, I just couldn't find anyone advertising for an actual planned thing for a while after lurking and made an ad as a player to gauge interest. Was kinda hoping someone would come along with something proper and direct me to where I could join it. If there's enough shared interest, and nobody else has an idea, I might have to be the person who makes the thread for it as well...

Although, I just play support characters, so me making the thread would be awkward for me and everyone else probably.
Aardbei wrote:
Uiop4877 wrote:

I honestly didn't have anything planned myself, I just couldn't find anyone advertising for an actual planned thing for a while after lurking and made an ad as a player to gauge interest. Was kinda hoping someone would come along with something proper and direct me to where I could join it. If there's enough shared interest, and nobody else has an idea, I might have to be the person who makes the thread for it as well...

Although, I just play support characters, so me making the thread would be awkward for me and everyone else probably.

Well, want to brainstorm some plot then? We can probably come up with something.

If you want to get some interaction involving things that can't be solved directly through combat; I recommend trying for something involving politics. Thing is that it's usually a bit hard to get people for that, and I know that personally I tend to go with shenanigans whenever fancy social situations are involved IRP.
Think that's worth a try?
Aardbei Topic Starter

Uiop4877 wrote:
Aardbei wrote:
Uiop4877 wrote:

Well, want to brainstorm some plot then? We can probably come up with something.

If you want to get some interaction involving things that can't be solved directly through combat; I recommend trying for something involving politics. Thing is that it's usually a bit hard to get people for that, and I know that personally I tend to go with shenanigans whenever fancy social situations are involved IRP.
Think that's worth a try?

I actually just ended up making a group.
https://www.rprepository.com/g/verdantwilds/12050

"be the change" and all that. I couldn't find a game, so I made one instead, haha.
Alright, nice, I sent in an application. Talk to you in there?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Seeking light fantasy, high-magic advent (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus