Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: DnD style 7 Dwarves

MordosKull

This might have been done already but I loves me some dwarves and I’m always thinking up ways of making new dwarven characters that aren’t too similar to each other. Mostly so I can play em in tabletop games.

The idea here is to give the classic 7 dwarves from Snow White expanded personalities based on their names along with DnD or Pathfinder classes.

For instance; Grumpy is a dwarven barbarian. That’s fairly straight forward, but can it be expanded upon? Maybe he’s a wizard that is always pissed because everyone mocks his magic.

Change up their gender, give em unique classes or different takes on what their names might mean. Go nuts.
Immediate though was that Bashful is now a female Dwarf who every times she gets bashful she just causes chaotic, like flipping over tables, maybe punching the person who made her bashful. All unintentional too, like she isn't aware she does this.
MordosKull Topic Starter

Galaxy-Star wrote:
Immediate though was that Bashful is now a female Dwarf who every times she gets bashful she just causes chaotic, like flipping over tables, maybe punching the person who made her bashful. All unintentional too, like she isn't aware she does this.

Bashful is now a Tsundere Brawler Dorf Princess. I like it!
Here's my idea for Sneezy:

Species: Hill Dwarf.
Class: Ranger.
Subclass: Hunter.
Alignment: Chaotic Good.

The catch being that he is allergic... to pollen and animal dander. :D
Species: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Traits: Outstanding lock picking abilities / dagger throwing but keeps falling asleep in the dark. Just can't help it!

Troublesome if the quest is at night, he is supposed to keep watch but the alleyway is dark, the dungeon cell is pitch black and he is supposed to be getting them out, etc...
MordosKull Topic Starter

Esoterica wrote:
Here's my idea for Sneezy:

Species: Hill Dwarf.
Class: Ranger.
Subclass: Hunter.
Alignment: Chaotic Good.

The catch being that he is allergic... to pollen and animal dander. :D

I had a similar idea for Sneezy too. XD
I couldn't remember all the dwarf names, so went looking and found something I did not know: their names in 1912 were Blick, Flick, Glick, Snick, Plick, Whick, and Quee.

I can totally see why Disney changed them. But I thought Snick sounded like a great name for a Rogue. He tends to get distracted by shiny things.

Flick is a Bard. She plays the fiddle.

And mysterious Quee? He is so old that his bones crack and creak as he moves. He specializes in Runic Magic and is the unofficial leader of the party.
Maybe the dwarves are on a quest to find their princess' captor of many years, the stepmother with no feet! After dancing in red hot shoes until she finally managed to kick them off, she hops around on devilish wooden goat feet! They're not sure what she's up to, so they're gonna stop by the poison apple orchards and keep on looking for her.
The prince can't officially help on their quest because he's busy being a prince, but he can give them supplies and helpful maps to outposts around the country!
Sleepy is a female dream dwarf of the shaman class. She's constantly in a state of "dreaming" even while being awake and shares a collective consciousness with the earth dream. She is generally good, but may be confused with reality and dreams quite often.

Name: Sleepy
Race: Dwarf
Sub-race: Dream Dwarf
Class: Shaman
Sub-Class: Prophet
Alignment: Neutral Good
Appearance: Sleepy has Black hair, fair ash - grey skin, and lavender eyes. She is also adorned in ancient runes from the earth dream
Now I feel like doing this roleplay LOL

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: DnD style 7 Dwarves

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus