Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Mermaid of the Tropic Seas

Dark_Goddess

Hi everyone.

I'm having trouble coming up with a backstory for my new character. (I already have her personality, look and everything like that completed.) If you need see a photo or anything like that, let me know. Her name is Océane. If you need her photo, let me know.
Hi, I would be glad to help, I would write the background for you or help you write it... it is up to you... please tell me what is she/he like and I would gladly help.
Oh, I forgot to mention, a photo of her would certainly help for a photo would grant me inspiration concerning of her persanlity so I would be able to come up with better ideas for her back ground...
Dark_Goddess Topic Starter

Thank you so much. We can write the background together.

(Commission Credit: Haru, Base Credit: On Photo)
jvIDY5R.png

Personality:
Benevolent, bubbly, intelligent, caring, loyal
So she is a mermaid which means she falls into my specialty which is fantasy... seeing her picture my mind started doing what it does best which is imaging things so here we go:

--- A good character always should have a capital background which would form the connection between the character and the audience and since your mermaid is not a stereotype Greek mermaid she needs a rather dramatic background to have the sympathy of the readers and this cannot be done without good evil villains... she is a princess of a kingdom below the oceans which means there are countless options... let's start with "Kappa" the evil creatures of the depth with an insatiable hunger for the flesh of human children and other mermaids...

qalupalik-stealing-children.jpg

There is war in the depth of the ocean, the mysterious Kappas have risen again to dominate the oceans once more... the kingdom of mermaids is the main force that opposed them... the queen of the kingdom and mother of the mermaid princess was the core of power in the kingdom but she was killed right after giving birth to your character and now the princess is the core of the kingdom... now Kappas seek to kill her for without her the kingdom of the mermaids will be powerless for it is the purity of the princess that charges or activates the ancient life stone of the kingdom that is the source of magical powers for mermaid kingdom... we can go into details and write how her mother was killed and how she was raised without her... she can have brothers as well... what sort of tasks she has concerning the war... as the war continues more mysteries come are added to the case...

Option 2:

The whole world is in chaos, Demons and other evil beings have waged war against everyone and the mermaid princess is sent to a very important meeting on the behalf of her people, where she would meet all sorts of mysterious people which means she is a warrior princess... we can go to the detail of her past... how she and her lover, brother, or a very close friend used to train hours and hours to become more powerful but somehow the other is killed and now the princess is so sad because of this and is afraid to love someone or get intimate with others again...

Option3:
Again there is a war between her kingdom and evil forces so she was sent to the human world, for she is the only hope, in the human world, she is rased as a mage or warrior constaintly trained and taught about different arts... she believes she is a human princess but that is not true and finally, when she is 18 she was told about te whole truth and how she dealt with the fact and how her life changed after this can be her background...

I can come up with other options too but I would like to know your opinion on these ones.
Her home, people and pets live at the heart of the Vermudas triangle, a patch of sea in which many human ships are lost to the rough seas.

Concerned with the wasted life and pollution from the many shipwrecks, this brave sea princess has decided to calm the waters above so no more ships are lost at sea (around her home)

In between guiding waves, dolphins and boats, during her spare time, she collects 'treasures' that she scavenges from the drowned vessels

Thank you both so much.
All of the options you listed Zozhad sound amazing. After thinking about it, I'm going to have to go with the first one. Would a combination of both what I picked and what Tusitala2017 suggested work?
Well, I am so happy that you've liked the ideas... it indeed feels so good to be helpful, and for your question, the answer is "Yes"... the waves are restless and more dangerous than ever because of the war and one of her tasks can be calming the waves above thus creating a better and safe sea zone for the humans that offer their aid to the mermaid kingdom for they too have been suffering from the macabre deeds of the Kappas... so would you like me to write the background or you would like to write it yourself and then I can add some extra stuff that would make it more interesting?

Vozhad wrote:
Well, I am so happy that you've liked the ideas... it indeed feels so good to be helpful, and for your question, the answer is "Yes"... the waves are restless and more dangerous than ever because of the war and one of her tasks can be calming the waves above thus creating a better and safe sea zone for the humans that offer their aid to the mermaid kingdom for they too have been suffering from the macabre deeds of the Kappas... so would you like me to write the background or you would like to write it yourself and then I can add some extra stuff that would make it more interesting?

I'm glad I could make you happy.
Interesting idea. It's better than what I was thinking about doing.
Let's do the latter. I'll begin writing it tomorrow.
Again. Thank you for your help. It means a lot.
The privilege is mine, I am sure it would be a transfixing background for your character, anytime you may need help, all you need to do is nothing but to aks...

Vozhad wrote:
The privilege is mine, I am sure it would be a transiting background for your character, anytime you may need help, all you need to do is nothing but to aks...

Thank you. Same goes for you.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Mermaid of the Tropic Seas

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus