Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Does anyone know any good Role-playing websites

Things like this, I would love to join things that are similar but can’t Jude things okay. Does anyone know good Role-playing sites like this one
There are many roleplaying sites out there. I checked out a few of them before I landed here a month ago. There may be plenty of roleplaying sites, but none are like, or even similar, or even comes close to RP Repository. There is more here with the groups and character slots than anything I’ve come across in my web travels. This is of course just my opinion. Why would you want to go elsewhere?
rp nation maybe? Idk tbh
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
rp nation maybe? Idk tbh
I didn’t have much luck there, but then my roleplaying preference is quite a narrow niche.
I haven't ventured far from RPR because I honestly can't be bothered to find any new roleplays myself, but if you're looking for an alternative, RPNation is a great one. I won't say why, but you'll realize that as soon as you take a look in the public discussions. If you miss the character profiles, you can make those in Google docs anyway or make a google website after learning a bit of CSS yourself.
I'd vouch for RPNation as well! Got a bustling community so there's plenty of extra potential partners. Doesn't have a group or character profile option though, but I'm sure you can make do anyway and link back to RPR if needed.

Mr Worldwide things, ya know? 😎
GarnaalProductions wrote:
I'd vouch for RPNation as well! Got a bustling community so there's plenty of extra potential partners. Doesn't have a group or character profile option though, but I'm sure you can make do anyway and link back to RPR if needed.
Do they allow linking back to RPR? A lot of sites remove links to other RP sites wherever they are found (signatures, character profile links, profiles, etc.) They consider it a form of ‘poaching’ members away from their sites.

I’m all for the wider rp-verse. Just go to Google and enter ‘roleplay sites’ and you get several sites like this one and this one. Anyway, good luck finding something you like.
Dawnia wrote:
Do they allow linking back to RPR? A lot of sites remove links to other RP sites wherever they are found (signatures, character profile links, profiles, etc.) They consider it a form of ‘poaching’ members away from their sites.

I ain’t ever gotten into beefs about it, so I dunno. But if it weren’t the case it’s a good extra platform to have.
RPNation is very active. Like everywhere that isn't here, they allow a ton of toxicity (for comparison, we ban pet peeve threads and theirs has 100+ pages), but if you need to avoid someone, blocking is far more straightforward.

They don't allow offsite links, saying it's because they don't want to link anywhere there might be NSFW content, which in fairness they're serious enough about to make part of their registration, but they won't even let members mention them so at the end of the day it's like every other jealous zoo. A willingness to let users discuss other communities is fairly unique to RPR.
Luscinioide

To actually answer the question:

RPNation: Probably the most active site for RP right now, excluding secondary RP sites like Amiino or Deviantart. I haven't experienced any of the aforementioned toxicity and I've been there for about 3 years. It's more suited for general RP purposes as opposed to specific plots with specific characters like here. You'll be lost for a while because the forums move so fast, but it's a payoff for more bites. Be advised that because it's so large, they are very strict on their rules regarding NSFW content; the administrator has made it clear they're as strict as they are because of liability if minors stumble into things they shouldn't. You can at least say a word that rhymes with firetruck, though.

RPGuild: Veeeeery niche. Very clique-y. It's more for group RPs than anything. I think anymore, there's largely just a couple of DnD formatted groups running. Not very active. If you're into fantasy and don't mind having to knife fight your way past the preestablished friend groups, you might be able to find something there.

Amiino: This is literally a lawless wasteland. God speed. You'll be brawling it out with a bunch of fandom-crazed maniacs to find anyone to RP with. I don't have any experience with this and I don't intend to.

Deviantart: I'm not sure if it's as active as it used to be, but there used to be a pretty substantial RP community if you got into the specific groups. Mind you, most of the writers weren't Tolkien, but it got the job done. There's no real forum as much as there is just individual posts you put up and respond to. Seems to lean far more towards on-the-spot characters and fandoms.

The majority of RP communities these days are 18+ only, and as this is an all ages section of the forum, I can't go into them here. If none of the above suffice, I suppose you can DM me and I can try to remember which ones are still active off the top of my head.
I ain’t ever gotten into beefs about it, so I dunno. But if it weren’t the case it’s a good extra platform to have.
I think it can fly under the radar until a mod sees it. I know they disable your account for a week on ‘creative freedom’ because someone I got into a (short lived) rp with got the boot for linking a profile from another site to the one they had.
Ongoing Worlds is another interesting one to check out. Definitely geared toward group RPs.

Also Discord has a thriving RP community.
Not dedicated to roleplaying, but you might have luck on Discord. Wasn't really for me, but there are a lot of people who have a ton of fun roleplaying on there.
Huh... Ongoing Worlds seems interesting. Might check it out at some point.

I actually lurked on RPNation for a while and uh... didn't think it was for me. Seemed like the median age group was pretty young, on top of there being WAY too many Warrior Cats fans skulking about for my comfort.

Admittedly I've had the best luck with retaining games on Discord, but I've still used RPR primarily to store characters. It means using 2 sites, but it works well for Discord servers not using Tupperbox.

Occasionally, someone brings up Toyhouse, but... I'm not sure how I feel about that one. Seems to be perpetually in closed beta invite-only, and its core conceit is about buying and selling characters? I'm not sure I understand the appeal, but, to each their own. Seems a bit silly to me, and I don't know what else it really wants to offer besides that.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Does anyone know any good Role-playing websites

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus