Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Have you ever been asked to ERP?

So, yeah, someone asked to do an RP with me, that is smut based. As a minor, I do know that I shouldn't partake in this. It's just the fact that I suspect the person wanting the ERP is a minor as well, at least 15-17.

giphy.gif

My question is, has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you resolve it? If this hasn't happened to you before, what would you do?
So this happened to me once actually and well I immediately stopped the roleplay and talk to them about it and all but they still continued to do it and all and I said I’d block them and I soon did actually so I would say give them a warning if they don’t listen block them or talk with one of the site moderators
Nayrulianas_Blessing Topic Starter

starwolf wrote:
So this happened to me once actually and well I immediately stopped the roleplay and talk to them about it and all but they still continued to do it and all and I said I’d block them and I soon did actually so I would say give them a warning if they don’t listen block them or talk with one of the site moderators

This actually happened recently. The thing is, I did test to see what they would do. I have addressed the person myself on what they're doing wrong, and I'm hoping I at least did something.
Have they said anything about it if they want to continue and everything but you feel there underage I would completely stop it since you don’t want to get in trouble and everything
If this happens, definitely report it to the mods. I realize that can feel extreme to some, but a couple things to keep in mind:
  1. RPR's mod team is wonderful. They take things like this very seriously, and at the same time, they understand that sometimes, people make mistakes. Even for something like this, especially if you're right about the other person also being a minor, they may not realize that it's still a big deal and/or may be used to communities where it's... definitely more common than it should be.
  2. If a person does it once, they are likely to do it again to someone else. Notifying the mods allows them to address the problem before it happens again.

And if you have any concerns about the person getting pushy or harassing you or anything, go ahead and block them. (And if they do harass you about it in any way, that is also something to report to the mods.)
ChebaTheBee

Oh man... yeah that's pretty messed up... O.O

I was only asked once, I guess it was more like a suggestion? I did mention I'm not fond of such roleplays. And, luckily, I wasn't pushed to do that stuff. If someone were to be forceful, despite me stating that I'm not into such things many times, I'd block them and won't even bother ever discussing things with them, since they only care about what they want and are creepy overall.

I do hope your situation will be sorted out! Someone once told me that blocking is a wonderful thing when it comes to nasty people, and I agree with them.

EDIT: also, I agree with Zelphyr!

Don't worry everyone, I did report it to the mod team. Something like this had happened to me in the past as well, so I want to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Completely agree with those like @Zelphyr, starwolf and ChebaTheBee who mentioned getting in touch with a mod and reporting this person. Blocking is also an option if you feel this person is not respecting you or your preferences in what you want to RP.

Also if you are an adult and this person is a minor, it is illegal and could get you in a lot of trouble if you write, smut, ERP or sexting (there are many terms) with a minor.

Edit: Just say you're last message and I'm glad to hear it. :)

Yeah, I am a minor. I mainly tested the waters to see what they would do, and it's really not safe for others like me. I mainly just want to protect others. :)
Nayrulianas_Blessing wrote:
Yeah, I am a minor. I mainly tested the waters to see what they would do, and it's really not safe for others like me. I mainly just want to protect others. :)

Good call. :)

Gotta keep an eye out for the younger ones!
Claine Moderator

Hi all, I'm locking this thread for now.

It is against the site terms of use for members under the age of 18 to seek RP that contains sexual themes, and it is also against the terms of use to seek roleplay with sexual themes with members below the age of 18. If you notice this occurring, this is something we take very seriously, because it could put the RPR and any adults involved in serious legal trouble.

As stated by other members if users do anything that makes you uncomfortable, please block them :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Have you ever been asked to ERP?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus