Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Ghost List?

Would it be beneficial to have a Ghost List. So you can look up a name, or a characters name for ghostly behavior before actually engaging with them.
Choosing to interact with them at your own risk?

((Oof was meant for General.))
Hmm. No.
I can understand your thinking on this, but no. That would be calling out and shaming people who might have literally been protecting themselves, creating a list of people for harassers to target, and I've seen people claim to have been ghosted after just a day or two of silence (and the lack of a way to measure could additionally earn people entirely false accusations just to get them on that list).
We also don't always know the situation behind why someone might have ghosted. Sure some people just aren't all that great, but some people have good reasons or maybe didn't have much of a choice.

As they say, the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

But it's really interesting to see a conversation about this, at least im my opinion.

We've all been there, mate. Getting ghosted hurts, but radializing that butthurtin' into creating a public blacklisting system is a lil' dramatic.

Besides, totally agree with Zelphyr on this- everyone's got different standards for when something is considered ghosting. The last thing we need is people being at risk of being publically humiliated & exposed to harassment just because they didn't reply to some impatient brat's message within 30 minutes.
Luscinioide

qBhzIqr.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but creating a public list of shame seems a lot worse than...being ghosted? What would even be the criteria? Who would make the decision to qualify someone as a ghoster? Imagine a family member dying, a health emergency, or even just becoming busy and you take unexpected time off, only to come back and have the community ostracize you for ''ghosting'' lmao.

It would be mercilessly abused. I personally have known all kinds of people who would have used this to get back at people for not responding fast enough or for someone avoiding their toxic behavior. There should be no such thing as 'obligation' in RP. Someone is not obligated to respond to you. You are not obligated to continue dealing with flighty people. It goes both ways.
Claine Moderator

I'm locking this, I think it has been thoroughly discussed why this idea would not work. :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Ghost List?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus