Group Toolbar Menu

Forums » Beverages » Floats

Not the creepy clown in the gutter. Do you all like ice cream floats or what?
Well, actually we used to call them root beer floats, because they're better with root beer, obviously. :P Still, I've heard people call them ice cream floats, floaters, ice cream sodas, soda ice cream, and even -is it Australia or New Zealand, those lovely people who I guess have certain chaps hovering over their heads like ice cream on a soda, so commonly- *spiders*. Yep. I was very surprised to find that out. :I but okay. I guess we have stuff here that doesn't make much sense, either. :p
Still. What soda and ice cream do you like together?
Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
-is it Australia or New Zealand, those lovely people who I guess have certain chaps hovering over their heads like ice cream on a soda, so commonly- *spiders*. Yep. I was very surprised to find that out. :I but okay. I guess we have stuff here that doesn't make much sense, either. :p
Still. What soda and ice cream do you like together?

Yes, a 'spider' After I got here someone said they were "going for spiders" and I'm like 'whaaa....?' Having love the good ol traditional root-beer float in the states, when I found root-beer wasn't a thing here in Oz, I'm like 'wanh'. However... and this may seem weird.... I found a Guinness Stout Spider is actually quite good! Never ever did I consider ale and ice cream in th esame glass. I saw it on a meny in a bar and had to try one sight-unseen. I'm a convert though I use really good vanilla ice cream and good local microbrew stouts now.
Ooh, stout sounds good! I bet a chocolate one would be good. ... It would be a drunken cow... XD
Yes! A Holgate Temptress.... making one tonight!
Sounds delicious- I've never had one :P So is it the Ice-cold Temptress, now? XD
Do let me know how it tastes :3
It was beautiful! I will say you need a good quality vanilla ice cream to make it really good.
Smashing- I like Kemp's Vanilla. <3. I wonder if you could make one with sherbet and fizzy lemonade... Although I guess it would be more like an Orange Julius. >p>
I suppose you could. Maybe gelato?

Naw, I’ll stick to vanilla ice cream!

Moderators: Banshee JayBird