Group Toolbar Menu

Forums » Republic City Park » Sparring in the park

Katachi had just finished with his trial exams for the day, he had spent the past two week studying and putting in volunteer hours. Now all he could do was wait to see if he would be accepted into the RCPD, as he walked down the sidewalks that circled the perimeter of the park he noticed a small commotion coming from over the hill next to him.

"Better see what's going on," Katachi said as he climbed the grassy hill to see what was occurring on the other side. To his surprise there was a small arena built in the middle of a field, he recognized that a few people down below were sparring with each other for fun. "-This looks interesting, maybe I can limber up a bit from sitting down for so long. Those written exams were torture..." Katachi said as he made his way down the hill and towards the spectacle.

Remove this ad

"Alright Koji, just a bit further."Takkani said. Beside her was a small ice 'road' and a large Dragon-Whale, lazily scooting across it on its multiple flippers. Once the Dragon-Whale passed an area, Takkani made the ice melt and flow over infront, freezing again. She repeated this process until Koji splashed into a large pond. It made clicking noises as it sunk under the water. Takkani said, having the water flow back into a large bottle-like part of the back pack she had on her back. She looekd up seeing the people about to spar, and sat on a nearby rock as Koji splashed about in the pond.
Two fire benders were going at it. A left hook that shot out flames, and right kick that sent a spiral of fire. It was quite an exciting match to see. Rakka took steady breaths as he pelted his enemy with attack after attack. All with a smirk on his face. He'd dodge and weave around assaults coming at him, and just barely missed a wave of fire to the face. But the next moment, he countered with a swift kicked to his opponent's gut.

The male went flying back with an 'oof' and Rakka turned, posing in victory. "Is that all you got?" he chided, glancing over his shoulder at the other fire bender. He'd then look for a brief moment to a female water bender in the crowd watching. Everyone around her was applauding him, but she just stood stock still.

Geez, does she always gotta be like that? he thought to himself.
"You got enough fire in you for another round?" Katachi said from behind. He had been watching the match and felt confident that this would be just the thing for him. He stepped forward as the crowd in front of him parted, "I'm Katachi, I'd like to challenge you to a match." Katachi said toward Rakka.

"That is, if you think you can take me on..." Katachi said with a smirk as he stepped into the circle where the crowd was gathered around. He wore typical green Earth Province garb but with metal plating on his shirt, pants and forearms. Katachi took up his beginning pose indicating that he was ready, he would not make the first move - he knew that Firebenders were naturally hasty people. He'd be ready for any attack this clown could throw at him with a single counter move.
Rakka glanced over his shoulder to the newcomer, and let out a scoff. "Alright then. If you want to get beaten, then I'll gladly deal it to you." He turned fully to face the male, and bent his knees just a bit, sliding his feet shoulder width apart. His eyes watched for a moment, before he quickly brought his fist forward, a fury of flames flying toward his opponent.
Having been watching Rakka fight his opponents for a good while now, it was no surprise when Leta was distracted by a dragon whale lazing about in the nearby pond. She managed to slip through the crowd, and headed toward it, curious. She also caught sight of a person nearby, who was probably it's companion.

At the edge of the water, Leta would lean down, resting her elbows on her knees as she inspected the dragon whale from where she was.
Katachi had seen this opener a mile away; keeping his feet firmly planted but his upper body loose he quickly brought a rush of loose sand and dust from the ground surrounding himself. Katachi sprayed the blast of sand in a thin cone to both contain and pierce through the conflagration.

As he did so he would gather the glass falling from the contact point of sand and fire and made the slivers dance around him like a rotating sheild of spikes.

"I think I am managing just fine, thanks. Are you sure you can get through my defenses?" Katachi teased as more glass collected around him.
"Like Koji huh?"Takkani asked, noticing Leta watch the Dragon Whale splash about in the pond. "Kinda surprised I was able to find him. Used to live out in the north pole. My dad had gone fishing and came across Koji stuck on a chunk of ice when he was a baby. My dad took him home and let me keep him."Takkani said.
Rakka took a singular step back and looked at the glass floating around. He smirked a bit. An earth bender. This had to be his lucky day. He wasn't going to hold back now. He needed to test this guy.

Bending his legs for just a moment, Rakka leapt into the air, doing a quick double side kick, sending two waves of flames at the shield. Then, the moment he landed, he threw his fist forward, stream of fire going at his opponent. He'd try to wear down the shield by melting it.
If Leta had heard the girl, she showed no sign of it. Instead, she just continued to watch the creature in front of her with interest. There was a bit of movement near the collar of her shirt, and she finally mumbled, "Look Malu... You might have a new friend."

The moment the name was called out, and tiny, furry, little white rodent stuck its head out. The polar mouse was native to both the Northern and Southern Poles, so Takkani could assume that Leta was from there as well.
Katachi instinctively held up the glass shard in front of him to take the full force of the fire bursts. The first two shoots of fire were blocked with no problem but the last one managed to both shatter and melt, the force of which knocked Katachi back a few feet. Still holding his ground and still standing Katachi grit his teeth in a determined grin.

"So much for friendly sparring, I guess you wanna kick things up a notch or two." Katachi said as he slammed his foot onto the ground before making a series of swift round house kicks. These actions would lift several heavy stones from out of the ground before flinging them directly towards Rakka. "You've forced me to go on the offensive, let's see how well you do."
Rakka dodged the first couple of rocks, and broke the next couple with a fire attack to each. The rubble fell in front of him, and smoke rose up in between them. He couldn't help but grin. "You should think of it as a compliment," Rakka said with a shrug, before he brought his arms in a circular motion to his side, and then out toward his opponent.

A whip of flames snapped at Katachi, Rakka trying to direct it at different angles.
Takkani rose a brow when she noticed the polar mouse sticking out of Leta's clothes. "Uh... if that's your pet I'd suggest keeping it away from Koji... he ate tiny things like that all the time.... though I think the tiny things he ate were normally just fish and low flying birds...."Takkani said, scratching her head. The Dragon-Whale lazily glanced at Leta and her pet. He groaned before submerging again, and continued swimming about, swallowing fish that it swam by.
Katachi waited for Rakka's attack before reacting, with a strong upwards thrust of his arms and a strong stomp to the earth a wide wall of earth rose up and completely blocked the fire whip intended for him. No matter what angle Rakka would attempt the wall would be too high and too wide to even get close to Katachi.

"Then you'll need to do much better than that if this is a complement." Katachi replied smugly. Katachi closed his eyes and felt out where Rakka was using his vibrations on the earth. When Katachi had found Rakka he bent some of the earth beneath the firebender's feet to make his moves uncoordinated and sloppy.

Moderators: Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey)