Group Toolbar Menu

Forums » Happenings » Welcome to New Haven, Terrehlar

Jy5mRxO.png

In the wake of Blackout’s fall, Terrehlar stood ready to take on all its ex-prisoners and defectors as workers and citizens, but only should they be willing. Any who looked out the windows of the ships would see beneath them a beautiful, megaflora filled planet. Rife with life and unknown dangers, it was some small mercy that they were headed to a protected city and not into the wilderness. The three large freight ships were called down and guided to the side of a large mountain, where a huge hangar would quickly become apparent. Rows of AI waited to guide them in, standing like military officials as they worked meticulously. With the freight ships landed, ramps came down to allow the prisoners to take their first steps out into their new home.

A stage had been set up with a podium at the front of the hangar and a frazzled, tired looking Jeslyn stood there with cracked glasses and torn up clothes. He hadn’t had time to buy new clothes when he had so little time to prepare the city for its new citizens. He hadn’t done it alone, however, Kaelee had helped him and she stood beside him on the stage, along with the crew of The Defiance who had also offered their help in the wake of Blackout. His face peered down at them from the podium but also from the large holoscreen behind his head that focused directly on his face.

Groups of prisoners and guards gathered in front of him and finally the doctor addressed the group.

“Liberated peoples of blackout.” He began, looking across the crowds, certainly not used to addressing a crowd outside of a biology conference “Welcome to New Haven. I expect you are all exhausted so I will keep this short.” Adjusting his cracked glasses, he leaned forward into the microphone a little further.

“Before I was captured by The Eye, I was given this city for my studies. The city was intended as a safe refuge for people from all walks of life away from the scrutiny of the federation, but that in no way means this will be a lawless and dangerous city. So I name it now, in honor of you, the first citizens to inhabit it; New Haven.”

Leaning back he adjusted his collar, otherwise tired and stoic with nothing else to give away any nerves he might be feeling.

“Food and water are ready for you in the town hall, and A.I are waiting to assign your initial living arrangements.” He spotted the many men and women in black uniforms wearing white bands and pointed to them “Defectors of Blackout, step forward.” He called.

They all hesitated.

You aren’t going to be killed, step forwards.” He quipped more sharply and the group came to the front of the stage “You are going to the soup kitchen now to serve your ex-prisoners as a symbol of humility and peace. If the crew of The Defiance would please take them there now.” He nodded to Kaelee and leaned over to quietly ask if she was 'ok with that'.

Back to the prisoners “Follow them now to the city hall where you can rest until your arrangements are made. In the next few days there will be job listings for you all to pick from if you intend to stay and work here…we have thousands of positions open and needing to be filled. All pilots who are looking for immediate work please report to me tomorrow at my office in the city hall. We need drivers immediately to transport food into the city. Everyone get some rest, and eat well… you have earned it all.”

A pause and a rather more serious knit of his brows formed.

“And please, whatever you have been through. No fighting. See this as a time of change.” And with that the screen turned off and A.I stepped forward to guide prisoners and answer questions, leading them out of the hangar and into the large, inter-cave city. It was large and pristine, which might make one thankful that the hangar they’d all used was within walking distance of the city hall. Doctor Tur’uk turned off the screen but stayed to watch the swaths of prisoners pass by, nodding to anyone who might look his way and doing his best to reassure. He knew the city seemed too good to be true for them, yet here it was.

OOC: New Haven is a city now available for roleplay on Terrehlar. It is an Area Beyond Galaxy Jurisdiction (ABGJ), meaning that Galaxy Federation have no influence here. It is open for all sorts from all walks of life, from all branches of normalcy or crime. The immediate citizens are over 4000 mixed alien and android prisoners freed from Blackout, 49 defected prison guards, a number of mercenaries that helped in the fall of Blackout that are currently stationed there and the elite agents of the Eye who also defected and are trying to lie low.

The city is currently watched by roaming A.I guards, though applications are being taken for a living guard sect, and managers of businesses to hire their own men on. New Haven is very much in its infancy, things are still being put in place. It will take some time for it to start working independently but that simply means it is a perfect time to come and set up a business.

Terrehlar itself is a dangerous land and peace has not yet been forged with the natives. Adventurers will be paid for discoveries and samples, but all are sought at their own risk. Citizens are advised not to leave the confines of the mountain to roam the wilderness.

**Players are now also free to make new characters that were a part of the Whiteout plot. Alien or android ex-prisoners or any of the prison guards that defected. Contact me on Enfield/Jeslyn/The Silencer or Aveilthé/Kaelee/Jaxamir Harlo if you have any questions.**

More info about Terrehlar here.
There are currently two ex-Watcher agents needing good homes. They come with a backstory, but you're free to come up with the rest. They are currently in New Haven, Terrehlar. While they have been NPCs for a long time, I would love to see someone breathe life into them.

If you are interested in adopting one, let me know! Contact Aveilthe/Kaelee/Jaxamir Harlo!

The Sinner TAKEN
Name: Unknown
Species: Human
Personality: Despondent, moody, enjoys a good drink
Skills: Excellent at creating bombs.
About: Suffering from depression, Sinner had to endure the hard Watcher way of life. While he did his job well, he often sought therapy. During the Blackout infiltration event, he told the Stranger that he was willing to sacrifice himself to set up a dangerous bomb to distract Blackout guards. Fortunately, when the bomb detonated, he survived it, and is currently in critical condition within the New Haven clinic. Unfortunately, his armor melted from the fire.

The Soldier
Name: Elijah (Last name unknown)
Species: Human
Personality: Outgoing, joker, optimistic, takes things in stride.
Skills: Hand-to-hand combat master, enjoys close-quarter weapons.
About: Being a lovable nuisance, can be a bit of an asshole. Has been with the Watchers for a few years. A known goofball and flirt, he has eyes for Stalker, and even jokes about stealing her from Strategist. He's suffered discipline from the elite agents for a while, but doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, and that got him into a lot of trouble. Eventually he caved in and decided to join Silencer, Stalker, Strategist, and Stranger to do better. He aspires to go back and finish and graduate high school, since he dropped out to join the Watchers when he was 17.
https://discord.gg/sYRMWy8 discord server available here, but not compulsory! There are IC chatrooms here that span across New Haven for new citizens to connect, and places to advertise new businesses or wares. Also places for slower Discord RP's.

Moderators: jamerson Julio