Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Price of Friendship (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

THE START

The story starts in the realm of Camelot...

Camelot is by far the wealthiest and most powerful kingdom in the lands of Albion, a realm where magic is forbidden by law and the laws are dictated by the stern and strict ruling king who governs with an iron fist.

The king of Camelot has no wife and only one son, the young crown prince.

Whilst the prince is good natured and merciful, he abides by his father's decrees, just like his knights do, and assists in capturing those who possess magic so that they are placed behind bars or to slave away at the mines, quarries and plantations for the kingdom's benefit.

The prince has a manservant, his best of friends and trusted confidante (who happens to have powerful magic) though he seldom uses it (and everyone else is unaware of this) for fear that his neck is placed on the chopping block. He dedicates himself to serving his prince and friend, and spends his hours on his humble never-ending list of chores, from cleaning to polishing armour.

THE COUNTERPART

Further inland, in a more barren land, one finds the kingdom of Mercia, ruled also by iron fist,as Camelot is. Though the sultan of Mercia is dedicated to capturing those who wield magic so as to harvest and use their powers to his cause and benefit.

Sadly for the sultan (now widowed too) no spell was ever powerful enough to give him a craved son, the only achievement begotten by magic being one daughter who is now old enough to marry.

THE PLOT

Mercia's ruler sent messengers to Camelot to request the prince's hand for his daughter hoping to unite the land of Albion, only for his travelling party to be dismissed and belittled because Mercia was too small and too poor to be important enough for Camelot's interests.

Scorned by the dismissal, Mercia's ruler has sent his best warriors, well trained bandits and an overlord knight who never talk to the captives unless in a strict need to know basis. They enter Camelot, lay in wait for the prince and kidnap him so as to force the marriage, willingly or otherwise, making sure to kidnap the manservant to ensure the prince's surrender and compliance.

During the travel, the manservant is gagged (except food time which never is at the same time as the prince) so he cannot talk much during the journey and he is chained so he cannot escape, whilst the prince is marched blindfolded and bound throughout the journey which lasts a few days. During the short sleep times allowed, the prince is placed in a tent, his foot locked up by chain at the cot or a wooden post and the tent well guarded, while the slave/manservant is made to sleep tied to a tree with the horses and no shelter. Lack of vision from the prince and lack of speech from the servant cause difficulty in communicating their findings during the short times they spend together.

Of course the prince will be unaware of the reasons why he was kidnapped in the first place... he keeps asking questions, where he is taken to, who is their leader, who is in charge of the group, what is happening to his manservant, where is he, and other questions only for them to be met with silence from his captors, leaving the prince hanging in intrigue until it is much too late to escape.

His manservant, now turned slave in Mercia, will have his life hanging on a very thin thread when the sultan comes to inform the prince of the upcoming wedding, in return for keeping the manservant alive. Should he refuse, the lad will be put to death.

The problem is that the prince already had his eyes set on a damsel from Camelot castle, a childhood friend. He was hoping they could marry too and was recently betrothed when the misfortune struck down.

During the stay in Mercia, the prince is kept under constant vigilance (at least until the marriage takes place) so he doesn't escape. As a crown prisoner for parts of the day he is placed under room arrest, separated from his manservant who is slaving away in chores. At other times, during meals and feasts, he is given the respect of a visiting guest, to give opportunities for courting the princess

THE PROMPTS

Will the prince accept the wedding to Mercia's unknown princess, as the price of friendship to keep his manservant alive, or will be refuse for the sake of true love and honor at the cost of his best friend's life?

Will the prince strike a friendship with Mercia's princess and marry for love in the end? Will he even choose to stay in Mercia or return home to Camelot by the end of it all?

Will the prince discover his manservant powers? If so, will this sour the close friendship and bond of trust between the pair?

LOOKING FOR...

CANDIDATES

Looking for writers who provide meaningful replies with enough detail that gives opportunity for good interaction between characters. I do not set minimum length of paragraphs but try to not consistently reply with 1 liners such as "she blinks at the knight" sort of responses. Make a little effort to add some detail, address other characters, describe the surroundings etc etc. On the other hand, meaningful 1 line replies are OK (especially if playing a gagged manservant !)
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

Tus, you know how to lure me in, lol.

How villainous are the Mercians? Sometimes I do a plot with Crow where he is in the Order of the Bent Knee, a group of knights who have been magically bound to a king or warlock. They receive magic powers and strength, but are also forced to be fervently loyal. The spell can be broken, too. Maybe he is the stern and silent knight you're looking for, and is bound to the Mercian king.
RP PARTICIPANTS

- 3rd person replies preferred

- Player / character must be 16+

- Reply with enough content to keep the plot going. No minimum length requirements

- No god-modding

- RP will take place in "Medieval Fantasy group". Please join the group first and post in the main chat room to start with

- In the group chat room... State which position you would like to pick and which character of yours you would like to use

- Human/humanoid (such as elves) characters allowed (no animals sorry)

- Era: Medieval Fantasy

- No too OP characters
The Hanged Man wrote:
Sometimes I do a plot with Crow where he is in the Order of the Bent Knee, a group of knights who have been magically bound to a king or warlock. They receive magic powers and strength, but are also forced to be fervently loyal. The spell can be broken, too. Maybe he is the stern and silent knight you're looking for, and is bound to the Mercian king.

Sounds perfect The Hanged Man

As for how villainous is up to you players to decide.

I personally enjoy evil villains and evil characters so my preference is very evil Mercians and kings, but nobody should feel obliged to change RP style or adapt characters personalities and behaviours to satisfy my choices! Neutral - evil (just doing as told / just doing my job) sort of group would work just as good too

King of Camelot doesn't necessarily need to be intrinsically evil, he may see himself as "tough love" since he chases magic because those wielders are seen as a threat to the kingdom's safety. He incarcerates them and puts them to work (not executes them) unless playing evil king in which case is great too.

King of Mercia doesn't necessarily need to be intrinsically evil, he is looking for the best he can get for his kingdom's expansion and growing power and a marriage to Camelot's heir (the greatest force of arms and wealth) is by far the best option, rather than go to war and invade Camelot ( another option in the cards/table to coerce the prince to marry and save lives of commoners ) unless playing intrinsically evil in which case is great too... all is fair in love and war....
Paige Malik (played anonymously)

I am interested in the Princess character. I think it could be fun and the world you created is very interesting.
Hello Paige, thank you for showing interest, and welcome to the RP
You can certainly have the princess of Mercia.

Ok! prefer complicated villains personally, rather than pure evil ones who often feel very flat. If we get someone to play the Mercian king I will work the details out with them. But from how you've described him I think it'd be realistic that he has the Order of the Bent Knee. Maybe he got a warlock to bind them to him if he didn't do it himself. So the Order will act how he wants them to, which might not necessarily be super cliche evil. Or maybe it will be. That'll be fun too hehe.
I can start the IC post tomorrow, if others choose to join along the story we will give them space / hand over characters accordingly.

Unless you would like me to open the IC right away... I let you two decide on that.

I'm perfectly fine waiting. I'll be busy this weekend anyway.
I would love to join this I have Alekus here who has shadow powers
Chelsy Ray (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

I would gladly play a loyal magician of Mercia.
All welcomed, all welcomed... who is playing which characters?
Take your pick
Arun-Ja may prove useful in the Magic arts, if allowed to RP.
Which characters would you like to play?
Chelsy Ray wrote:
I would gladly play a loyal magician of Mercia.

Sounds good to me...
Alekus Vorense wrote:

Would you like to be the prince of Camelot's manservant / bodyguard / best friend with concealed powers???
or do you have something else in mind?
Arcol wrote:
Arun-Ja may prove useful in the Magic arts, if allowed to RP.

Since I RP with you a lot and I know your skill, I guess I am going to aim high here.

Would you like to be the king of Mercia (with magic) who has a loyal sorcerer as your confidante / right hand person at your service?
Tusitala2017 wrote:
Alekus Vorense wrote:

Would you like to be the prince of Camelot's manservant / bodyguard / best friend with concealed powers???
or do you have something else in mind?

Sure! that would be awsome
Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

Sounds great. I will work to do my best as king.

Arun-Ja wrote:
Sounds great. I will work to do my best as king.

Sweet. Is he still gonna be argonian/lizardfolk? Either way, we can discuss how he and Crow met, formed the Order, etc.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Price of Friendship (closed)

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Copper_Dragon, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Darth_Angelus