Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » High Sci-fi plots with female scientist+droids

Victoria Delaney, only child of Lucius Delaney and heiress to the vast Delaney enterprise, is a leading scientist at Thornico, directing an unlisted project that some hypothesize must be to create wartime droids.
Only 22 year olds and already leading private military projects, Victoria is a beacon to all overbearing fathers everywhere, and like any child of an overbearing father, she suffers greatly from the side effects. Depression, perceived incompetence, and a fear of disappointing others so great she rarely leaves her office and never socializes.

Below are several different potential prompts. If any of these prompts interest you, but not the character, I have no issues with people taking the prompts to use themselves.

Prompt 1: Victoria is 22 and still unmarried. Even as a supposed 'important scientist', her father (an actual important scientist) believes that is unacceptable. Lucius is old-fashioned and has no shame about arranging suitors for his daughter. He always extends immediate acceptance to suitable bachelors who show interest, and the meetings of the families is always very uncomfortable as he leaves it to Victoria to tell them she 'changed her mind'. How do you react when you (Or your child, widows/widowers!) are rejected before the group even sits down to eat?

Prompt 2: You are the other co-lead on the top-secret project Victoria is directing. Victoria has proven herself very stubborn and unreceptive to advice or suggestions, and downright terrorizes your underlings and interns. Are you going to go over her head and complain to a Thornico admin? Keep your head down and mind your business? Or the hardest thing for a smart scientist type person? Direct confrontation?

Prompt 3: You're a Droid (or cyborg) yourself, unique, one of a kind, and dont know who to turn to. Victoria is young, she still has innocence, maybe she can help you and not turn her back on you or try to use you like any other person in her position might. Victoria could have what it takes to replace your destroyed parts, or rewrite your scrambled, missing program, or even debug you!

Prompt 3.5: You're a (possibly legendary) robotic mercenary! You're a gun for hire and try to stay out of the limelight, but for some godforsaken reason, Victoria Delaney (The very Delaney who's bots you regularly scavenge for parts) has hunted you down and demands you return to High Odeno with her! Shes even willing to pay you for it, but anyone with half a circuit board would know she just wants to use you as a science experiment to model her own bots off of.

Prompt 4: Victoria is an S-class socialite, as well as being a brilliant mind at Thornico. Whenever she leaves Thornico base, she needs a constant guard, and the pay from Lucius is nothing to turn your nose up at. It just means you have to be ready to constantly drop everything or wake up and run the second she decides she wants to step out of her office (which you arent allowed in), even if she only wants to run to the nearest convenience store and go straight back. It's an inconvenient job but you're contracted to her for at least the next eight months.

All of these prompts are available, work with any race (except where stated otherwise) and work with any gender. Romance is optional, Adult themes are for adult players.

I have over 40k posts with one of my partners. I love ultra slow burn. Im up for anything, these prompts are just general ideas. My posts will be about the length of these prompts. And i cant stand people who post more than two paragraphs. Dont come at me sideways.
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 90%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (faster than light)
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 60%
Romance is expected but not required, and will be accompanied by other plot.

Details: Freeform, long-term RP partner preferred, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » High Sci-fi plots with female scientist+droids

Moderators: Keke, Libertine, Cass, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Ben, Darth_Angelus