Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Style/Template Ripping

I've noticed a trend of templates cropping up that appear cut/paste code with different assets - or indeed, ripped pieces of code to emulate other styles. I was wondering what the policy is on this and whether RPR protects creators that make additional income and pay for styles?
Cass Moderator

Hi there, :)

This one comes as a case by case basis for the moderator team. Technically, CSS coding isn't copyrightable. There are also limitations with what one can do with CSS in the context of RPR. However, if a style is almost an identical copy (as in there are too many similarities in the coding) then the best course of action would be to make a report and send it to the moderator team via the reporting feature. Or, sending one of us a private message. Depending on how close it is to the original determines whether or not we can take action.

In addition, RPR templates (as in, ones uploaded by RPR and not user-created ones) can be copied and edited to a user's content without any concern from us!

The income portion of this would still fall into the 'how close is it to the original' category. :) I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have more questions or need more clarification.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Style/Template Ripping

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus