Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Zombie apocalypse, 15 years after the ou (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Lorraine (played by Sanne)

Hey you. You see this gorgeous lady right here? Yeah? Well, she's a badass but she's been so focused on just surviving that she doesn't know what she's surviving for anymore!

gl-1478397-1684511918.png

She isolated herself from groups of people after the tribe that rescued her fell apart at the seams and many lives were lost. First she lost her biological family, and then her adopted family followed suit only a few years later. Her trust in humans has been badly damaged, meanwhile she remembers life before the zombies and has no idea what a bright and hopeful future is supposed to look like after what has been lost.

Thankfully it's not as bad as it seems. It's been 15 years and humans adapted pretty dang well. The zombies are part of the new normal, but that makes them no less dangerous. A new society, with new rules, and new establishments across the world is bringing promises many had not dared dream of when it all began. Lorraine simply can't see it through the walls she put up for herself and now she struggles to find a reason to get up in the mornings.

What I'm seeking
I'm looking for someone she will meet who can help her find purpose in life again. A goal to work towards that is not endlessly wandering from one place to another, going through the motions, and surviving with the bare minimum. A sense of happiness and belonging.

Anyone could be the person to help her find that again. A child who looks up to her as her caregiver, a child or an adult who becomes her beloved sibling, an adult to fall in love with, an adult who has found their own meaning to existence and leads by example, an elder who becomes her beloved family -- if you can make it make sense I'm probably down for it!

What the setting is like
I'm flexible on working out the details, but I do want to stick to the fundamentals laid out on her profile. In fact I would love your contributing to building our character's world!

Who I'll play with
I'll play any scenario with anyone, except for romance -- that is exclusively for adult players and being a verified adult is an extra bonus that puts me at ease. Even if it's PG-13 smooching only I'm still uncomfortable playing this out with a player who's a minor, sorry!

That said, I do expect my partners to put in a certain amount of effort in the setup phase. If I feel I have to carry the whole thing by myself before we even get started, I get extremely discouraged and don't want to play anymore. So if you're interested: please have a character ready to offer and please make a suggestion on how they'd meet and why you think they'd get along.

I would also super duper appreciate it if you can give Lorraine's profile a good look over. Missing basic information such as gender and age and offering a character who would not work out at all as a result makes me feel I don't matter enough to have my character taken seriously. I promise I give suggested characters a good read through!

How I play
I RP exclusively in PMs. I write anywhere from 2 sentences to 5 paragraphs depending on how the mood strikes. I don't have a minimum post length, just a minimum amount of effort to contribute to the story. Give your post a quick spell check to pick out the most obvious typos and give my character the opportunity to respond; reaction/post stacking and moving the story forward ten steps entirely by yourself and assuming my character's responses is stressful!

Due to real life scheduling, work, other leisure activities etc. I can't post every day, but I will try to post at least once a week and more often whenever possible.

Interested? NEAT. Send me a message!
Magic 10%
On very, very, rare occasions there may be unexplained, POSSIBLY supernatural events. Minor "environmental" magic. Perhaps implies the existence of a deity or supernatural entity. Or perhaps it's just tricks?
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts,

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Zombie apocalypse, 15 years after the ou (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus