Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Audio on profiles and through private chats

Could be useful for if you wanna do background music, sound effects, voice lines, to show what characters voices sound like, or maybe music that fits the character on a profile!
I'm guessing having the site directly host audio files would be pretty costly; probably best if we just link to a YouTube video or some other outside source, instead of this feature being added?
Jooters Topic Starter

That would be cool still!
I add music to my profiles as well, but sometimes, if you don't want to disrupt the whole view of your profile with a huge screen of the youtube vid, you can always adjust the size of the video. :3

For example: what I did here with my Bee. The YouTube video is kinda tiny and I added a sound wave GIF above it just cause I wanna. Hehe

The code is [ youtube height = 000 width = 000 ] LINK [ / youtube ] <<< No spaces

...OR you can simply put it in a collapse. Even after you play the video, and then hide it, it will continue playing as long as you don't leave the page.

Example: what I did here with my Hikari

The code is [ collapse = TEXT ] [ youtube ] YT LINK [ / youtube ] [ / collapse ] <<< No spaces
Or if you don't want to do an embed (though embeds are fun, would recommend :D), a simple link will work too!
Code:
[url=the link goes here]and the text that becomes the link goes here[/url]
With this, you could link to YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud, or anywhere else that might have the audio you're looking to share :D
Here is a link to the help page on BBCode, if you or anyone else needs it :D

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Audio on profiles and through private chats

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus