Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » War of the Eclipse (fantasy war rp)

Heya! Starting a sorta prequel to my "A furry high fantasy setting I made for a webcomic" rp ad! This takes place during the War of the Eclipse between Landor and Magicka. Currently looking for three players on both sides, as I plan to have both groups influence the world!

The kingdoms are summarized on the main setting's post, but I will summarize both kingdoms here:

Magicka is a cold kingdom with its geography similar to Canada and Alaska. Cold; green forests, blue lakes, snowy mountains, the works. The kingdom is governed by the magic academy and it's Headmistress, which was powerful enough to start the kingdom. They commonly employ magical sorceries summoned using a staff to overpower their opponents. While their magic isn't as elegant or versatile as Landor's, it certainly gets the job done.

Landor is the capital of the continent and a theocratic empire. The land is a lot warmer and has long plains of yellow grass (not dead, but blessed with holy energy.) Instead of sorceries, they use holy incantations and prayers summoned using blessed talismans. They are wealthy and powerful with the capabilities to use powerful, flashy spells to take down the opponent gracefully like an art.

Currently, they are fighting over the rights to the power from the sun and moon. The Landorians observing it as a holy body and the place of their heaven while the Magicians see the moon as a dead sun, which they know as a star, and they get their magic from the death of stars and from the moon.

---

The war has raged on for years now. Magicka's military has been pushed as far back as the mountains, the Headmistress taking up residence in the castle of a former Queen of the ancient days perched up at the high peaks of one of the mountains. Dark Moon Castle. The people and soldiers are freezing, having to use magma magics once seemed as forbidden to stay warm.

Holy Capital Landor, on the other hand, has had their funds totally drained. Taxes are higher than they have ever been. The people's faith in their church are dwindling, indirectly weakening their magic.

Will Landor storm the castle and win the war? Or will Magicka drain the capital city of all of it's power? Or will there be a treaty? Only time will tell.

In the meantime, the soldiers fight on.

---

While women are accepted into the Magician military and always have, the Landorian's do not progressed that far socially, so they are forbidden (I can totally see a Mulan scenario though.) Only furry characters are allowed in the setting, and only of real world species. (No dragons, unicorns, skulldogs, protogens, etc.) Fur dye exists, yet it is expensive, so most wouldn't dye their whole body, so most of the body must be a natural fur color.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Occasional dice use, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

Jooters Topic Starter

Bump
Jooters Topic Starter

Bump
Jooters Topic Starter

super bump (PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE PLAY THIS WITH ME RAAAAAHHH)
Hi I'd like to join if you don't mind :)
Jooters Topic Starter

Cameron33 wrote:
Hi I'd like to join if you don't mind :)

ofc! i will dm you in a sec :3
Okay hiii
Ohhhhhhh rowannnnnnn
Jooters Topic Starter

This is still open y'all!
LoL (played by loryprogamer2020)

Hey is the place still open? I wana join

LoL wrote:
Hey is the place still open? I wana join
?
Jooters Topic Starter

Yeah it is!

So... i'm in now?
Jooters Topic Starter

DM me and we can discuss more!

You might have to wait a while tho... The other person in this thread stopped replying to my messages weeks ago

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » War of the Eclipse (fantasy war rp)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus