Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Science City

Welcome to Science City, the most incredible metropolis on Earth! Here mad scientists do battle with sorcerers; pterodactyls vie for airspace with flying cars. It's survived aliens dropping rocks on it and extra-dimensional invasions. The town’s been torn apart and stitched back together again and who knows what is coming next? If you can make it as a super hero here, you can make it anywhere.

You just wouldn't want to.

It's Science City, it’s 2034, weird is the new normal and the populace wouldn’t want it any other way.

Science City is rated 2-2-2, or PG-13 if you don’t know what the three numbers mean. The game is played via mailing list but a link to our Discord server where the OOC chat goes down as well as where the game's background info is stored can be found below.

Science City takes place in what I've come to call the Vindicators Universe, which consists of a series of PBEMs I have run over the decades that have taken place in the same world. That does not mean you have to have played in those adventures as there is a wealth of background information to be found on the Discord server. The game is heavily inspired by various comic book sources as well as anime. Among the comic book inspirations are John Ostrander's Grimjack, Fantastic Four: The End, Top Ten and Tom Strong. As for anime Giant Robo is certainly an influence as is A Certain Scientific Railgun, and while it is not purely anime Big Hero Six look and tone are inspirations.

New players are always welcome and the game has a mix of new and old adventurers, players I've only just recently come to know as well as long time friends. The game is active and everyone seems to be having a good time. So stop by and give it a look, have a talk with the players, see if you might want to give it a try.

https://discord.gg/bgGVR2pzFt .

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Science City

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus