Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Looking for input from fellow artists

Minerva

Alright, I'm far from the best artist out there. I'm growing, rapidly, but still have far to go. The thing is, I've considered trying to take commissions. Cheap, very affordable commissions for people who want something solid that renders their idea without needing the awesome glamor of what some of you guys can do.

If you go to my profile and browse my characters you can get an idea of my art (I think a good one to reference is character, Ash or Luci). Some of it was scanned, some phonecaptured in my laziness. You can generally see which are by me rather than friends by mousehovering and looking for 'art by me'. Anyway, fellow artists. Based on my level of skill (or lack thereof), is five dollars for a lineart a fair fee? Too much? I'd like some input. I know many years ago I'd have died to even be able to have someone of my caliber draw my characters (before I got a lead artist, who I later fell out with), much less what some other folks here can do! But I could never afford the good artists, so I thought on what people COULD afford.

I'm looking for some input on the general value of my art. I was thinking 5$ a lineart. What do you guys think? Or should I wait a while before even offering the service?";

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Looking for input from fellow artists

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus