Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Rp Search and Character Development

Alright, before I start I'm going to copy/paste what I have on Seth's page at the moment right here so I need not explain his character (or lack thereof):

Description-
Please note: Seth is a revived character. And by "revived" I am implying that the 2+ years ago I last used him, I simply stopped RPing altogether. He did not die in the midst of a role play or anything of the sort. Please see History.
Name: Seth Moore
QQQ: DFPRX
Race/Form: Wolf (Debating anthro/human/etc. shifter)

History-
As far as his plot went, there was not much to it at all. He participated in simple "feral-esque" role play among one or two of his close friends/family. He had a few of his own little quirks, but generally not much of a back story. (Actually if I do so recall, I believe I took the n00b route and pulled the whole "I can't remember anything from my past" spiel.) This time around, I would like to develop him much more fully, so until further notice Seth shall remain under development.
Having said all that, I think I could use some help on character development. I've never been particularly good at creating detailed characters (as you can most likely tell) and I'm not quite sure what I want to do with Seth now. (I'm sure of what I don't want to do with him, haha i.e. steampunk, space, pirate, sexual play)
At the time being I'm using Seth to explore dreams in Furcadia, with not much avail. I'm rather leaning toward semi-feral-esque wolf and/or human.
Essentially what I'm wondering is, is anyone willing to help out a very rusty RPer with no background and a practically naked (not literally) character? (You don't have to play Furc either!)
Sanne Moderator

Hi! I went ahead and googled this for you:

http://www.nanofimo.org/resources.html

It sounds like a great tool to help build your character and find proper personality traits and the likes. Let me know if it's of any use to you?
SethMoore Topic Starter

Oh wow, this is certainly helpful. I've seen other "create-a-character" questionnaires, but not like this. This site is much more expansive. :) Thank you kindly, Sanne!
In furcadia, I have noticed there are alot of dreams that have SO much potential to have good plots to go with them.. but no one really ever uses them. I think it's the same when making a character. Your character just needs to be.. fleshed out, right? ya, I know how hard that can be when you look around and practically every stinkin idea for a char has almost been done >.< When I make a char, I try and start out with ONE big idea, or thing. Maybe something happened to him that changed his or her outlook on life a bit? Maybe start from there. Another way to do things is to have the basics, and this RPR site is good at getting the basics down so that you can flesh the character out some more! I'm not sure if I helped in any way, but I wish ya all the fun luck char developing :D
SethMoore Topic Starter

Precisely my predicament. For the few times you find a great dream, there are one of the following problems:
A) The continuity is so immensely immersed (alliteration makes me smile) that it would be very difficult to fit your own character in (at least that's how I see it, especially in this case with a naked character)
B) The dream is an absolute ghost town
C) The population is large, but no one roleplays or is constantly afk
But yes, even since a few hours ago when I made the post I've fleshed out the character a bit more, though like you said it's hard to make one that's still somewhat original. So as far as any particular event in his life, it's hard to think of any because I'm still not quite sure what to do with him yet haha.
But thank you as well, I hope with perhaps some more help from others Seth can become a great character to play. :)
Meri (played by Yuka)

TGT and the Isle of Nasmara are two dreams that I'd recommend, both with fantasy low-tech continuities that accept both human, feral and anthro characters.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Rp Search and Character Development

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus