Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Alone -- A sci-fi story of separation (OPEN)

SET (played anonymously)

Jared shook his head. "No no no. You've got it all wrong. The current date is August 24th, 2046. You guys are either crazy or from the future, and I'm betting on door number 2." He turned to face Megan. "I can't explain the screwdriver in the engine."

Andrew didn't lower his weapon. "That's fifteen seconds, Megatron. I'm just as much a living being as you, so stop the jammer before you get seriously hurt." He glanced at Megan, although his helmet didn't seem to move. "And we already told you why we're here- Your ride is an unidentified, unauthorized alien entity in US airspace."

Jared seemed to catch on to the fact that Lydia was jamming their radio channels, and drew a pistol on her as well. He took a step away from Megan, who seemed more friendly than anything at the moment. "She looks like she's not fully operational. Tactical Analysis is telling me she's likely not going to be as much of a threat as her appearance would have us believe."
Megan Searcher (played by SirMustacheTheGreat) Topic Starter

"Now hold on, guys. First, this was not an alien aircraft, it was IPDU. You know, united nations Interplanetary Defense Unit? Oh, wait. You guys are in my past. I wasn't born by this time. Anyway, this can't be before IPDU because the IPDU Council sent me here and our sensors would've detected a time rift. You guys haven't heard of the IPDU, judging from how you didn't recognize the crashed ship, therefore you must have time-shifted into your future. Lydia, if you would remove the jammers I can get all of us a ride home, probably. As long as you guys are willing to help me with my operation, seeing as I have international authority as an Archangel employed by the UNIPDU. Are y'all in?"

Megan glanced from person to person. There was an apparent standoff between the SET units and Lydia, who didn't seem to be on the offensive at all. She was scared that fighting would break out, because she might have to employ her Archaien tactics and powers, and who knows what would happen then.
Lydia Asimov (played anonymously)

Clenching her first Lydia stood her ground, staring down the two men from SET.Looking at Megan while a hand slowly moves down towards what looked like a rack with three cylindrical objects, most likely grenades, on it "I do not wish to fight a pointless battle. I have only acted in a non-threatening and defensive manner. Who's to say they would not disassemble and kill me because I am different?" Clearly she did not like the idea, especially after having weapons pointed at her. In truth, though she wanted to fight them for the way they acted...and for thinking she was not a threat. "Before acting...one should think what could happen. It is clear these two did not."

Turning towards Megan and while not forgetting but for the moment ignoring the men from SET "You have politely requested me to switch my jamming systems off. I will need assistance. I am unable to do so on my own." with that she pulls on the rack off to show a panel "It should be labeled MSECCM. simply remove the entire module. I will assist in your search...as it may lead me to my own mission."

Megan, with no small amount of difficulty, removed the jammer module. She handed the device to Lydia and reached for a long-distance comlink.

"IPDU, this is Archangel 2. I would like a direct link to Grayhawke. Is that possible?"
A voice returned communication.
"Affirmative... patching you in."
"Thanks, Stacy."
"No problem."

After a bit, another voice came in to comm.

"Hello? This is Jackson Gray, codename Grayhawke. You called?"
"Yes. I want you to find yourself a team of non-archangel soldiers and report to my location. Your comlink should show you my coordinates. Come heavily armed, preferably not with conventional lead shot. We may have a crisis on our hands. Make sure you have at least four empty seats."
"Yes Ma'am."

Megan looked at the SET members.

"You want to come with us?"
SET (played anonymously)

"'Non-threatening and defensive manner,' my ass! You proactively jammed a communications link between two Enlisted SET Operatives and their superior Officers. We have every right to blast you to hell and back twice!" Jared exploded, ignoring Megan's nonsense.

Andrew shot Jared a look, but said nothing. Jared was right- Even if he was a douche about it. The two operatives kept their weapons trained on Lydia while Megan removed the module that Lydia could apparently willfully turn on, but not off.

Once it was off, Andrew immediately checked in. The speakers in his helmet closed, effectively soundproofing it.

Jared kept his helmet open, considering Megan's offer. After 30 seconds, Andrew looked at Jared, Jared's head cocked to the side, and he closed his helmet's speakers as well.

After an apparently heated discussion between the two, Andrew abruptly turned to look at Megan. "Where would we be going, exactly? If I recall, you don't even know who you were sent here to retrieve."

((Hey guys, just a thought; Can we keep the monologues to a minimum? They make conversations between characters awkward and difficult to seem realistic. Thanks.))

"Right. I have the coordinates here... Yeah, no idea on that part though. I have a team of soldiers coming in though. so... What do you guys say? Lydia?"

((Side note: Although I agree with Oaky, I'm going to introduce another of my characters if y'all are okay with that. I might keep posting as Megan, or I could post separately with Megan and Jack.))

Lydia fiddles with the jammer module for a moment before crushing it and tossing the remains "Part of the module was burnt out, including the shut off. I thought they had fixed that problem with stasis lock." she didn't feel any reason to continue arguing with the SET soldiers and didn't respond.

Looking at Megan she nods "If it is out here, I might find the team I was sent after also...or what's left of them. If we do and they are just remains..." she glances at Jared but lingers on Andrew "...I'll destroy them so certain parties don't get to pick at them."

It was clear she didn't think much of the two men. But that could be dealt with later "What are coordinates? They might be close to the last ones I have for my own mission. As for the soldiers? I hope they are as accepting as you."

((I'm fine with both counts xD though for sake of clarity separate post might help))
Jackson Gray (played by SirMustacheTheGreat) Topic Starter

Fighter jets roared in the sky above the crash site.

"Searcher, this is Grayhawke. What's your status? I see potential enemies. Wait, are those SET members? I'm gonna touch down."

A magnificent orbital fighter lowered itself onto the ground and a young man jumped out. He walked over to Megan.

"Jackson Gray, at your service!"

"Right," said Megan. "These people are allies."

"Sure, but... SET?"

"Yeah. Why not?"

"History class. I was told that SET was eradicated shortly before the shaolk invasion. That was why the IPDU was founded. To fill the gaps. The aerial HQ was shot down by raios cruisers during the battle for IP4, then known as Mars."

"Oh. Wow. I didn't know that. But we had already previously established that Jared and Andrew are from our past, and they... wait. If they had slipped through a time rift on the way here, that doesn't explain how they got here in the first place. The only explanation then... Oh my. I know what we're going after. Hold on, here comes a history lesson. When I said I wasn't born by this time, I was wrong. I was created in july of 2016. And one of the first missions I was deployed on was an operation to kill off a deployment of Shaolk, an evil alien race, before they could destroy too many cities. There should be a fleet flying overhead any minute now with air to ground missiles of various unconventional sorts to clean up the mess. I'm in that fleet, or at least the 30-year old me. Wait... here I come. Lydia, would you please send up a red flare? I need to do something important."

Lydia shakes her head "I have no flares equipped. I rarely carry them as I have never needed to use them. I have built in targeting lasers, smoke grenades and other equipment of that nature but no flares."

Looking at Megan she shrugs while arming a red smoke canister from her left hip rack and drops it beside her "As for your theory...what if this is not out time at all? It is not Mine or the men from SET's...who's to say it isn't the same as you remember?"

"No, you see, this is all in your time. SET's time. The time of the first Shaolk invasion. And unless we act, the world will end."
SET (played anonymously)

"See? What did I tell you?" Asked Jared triumphantly before stopping. "Wait a minute. What do you mean, 'Shaolk Invasion?' What the hell is a Shaolk?" The young man looked at his partner, who promptly shrugged. They both looked at Megan, hoping she'd provide an answer.

"Shaolk are an alien race. Humanity will learn in a few dozen years that the goal of the Shaolk in coming here is to commit mass xenocide against all humanity. The reason that the Archangel Initiative was first started by Militech Enterprises was to prevent the Shaolk from wiping out humanity. Only the combined force of SET, the IPDU, and the first and second generations of Archangels was powerful enough to push the invaders back."
Jackson Gray (played by SirMustacheTheGreat) Topic Starter

"Alright, we need to get a move on. So, just to clarify, who's in?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Alone -- A sci-fi story of separation (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus