Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello One and All

Hello, I am a fresh face to this website and thought I would start off with an introduction. I am a long time rper, though I have fallen out of it the last few years. Somehwere around 2011 I think. I mainly rp on Furcadia and have decided to try and start my own dream there, it didn't take me long to discover this place since so many rpers there seem to love this website, and I have found it very easy to use as well. I am starting a guild/group/dream called Taderron. It will be a small village, since it is what I was most used to when I was actively rping a few years ago. I hope to find some rp partners and friends here.
Have a wonderful day!
Loren

Hey, welcome to the RP Repository :D The community's great, you'll love it here! :)

Ah, if you're looking for RP, there are the Looking for Rp Forums and the Find RP widget.

By the way, there also are the Help Pages and the Help forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :D

Your group sounds interesting >:) What's the village about?
AncientSeed Topic Starter

Well Loren, right now it has very little back story. About ten years ago most of the lumber workers, and of age men got drafted into he kings army. The King lost the war he was fighting, and his kingdom fell apart. Most of it was taken over but plenty of places are no longer deemed desirable. Such as the village of Taderron, which is now mostly made up of old people who are too weak to travel to a larger city.
Loren

I see. Well, it looks nice :D Perhaps I'll join (if I have time XD)

So what are your favourite RP genres? :) (Apart from, uh, Fantasy, I guess? XD)

Well, Fantasy is my number 1 of course. But I also like paranormal, and super hero, and things of that nature. I'd even be willing to try Sci-Fi if it had the right kind of feel to it.
Loren

I see :) I myself dwelve in Fantasy, Historical Fantasy and "Modern" paranormal genres >:D I also do Sci-fi ocasionally, but I prefer, say, a few centuries or millenia in the future than the whole Star Wars feel XD
And I never do real life rps XD

Real life is boring with out some magic, or extreme science XD
I really love fantasy, and I really prefer village-fantasy over kingdom-fantasy. I just don't enjoy it unless the royalty isn't really rped, cause they usually have better things to do then hang around in a pub. And Castles arn't exactly a cool hang out spot XD
Loren

Yeah, lol.

Ah, I'd recommend posting something about your group in the Looking for Rp Forums :) I've seen a few people there ask around about fantasy roleplays, so it wouldn't hurt to check it out :D

I will look into that, after I flush out the page a little more. I really hope I am heading in the right direction. Though I have no idea how to really do Forum RP, it seems like it would be much slower then the kind I am used too.
Loren

Eh, it generally is slower than the ones in MMORPGS or online games (Like Lotro or Furcadia) . People write much more, for a start XD (I mean, not always. Some replies take a few minutes. Others take...ah...longer. Much. Longer. XD)

slow posting must really make it hard for those of us used to this rush rush rush pace f the 80's. I don't generally think that bigger posts are better, especially when it comes to fighting. Fights shouldn't take forever, they should not take 4 hours T_T. But I guess almost everyone wants to be a winner, even in a made up fight in a game that wont matter.
Loren

Well, it all comes to style, really. Technically speaking, the thing about taking time to post is that try to pour all their best writing onto them , so I don't know XD There are also the dice for more D&D, tabletop RPs (I honestly can't help you there, I've got no experience with those XD)

And fights depend on the dice, on the posts, or sense *shrugs* I mean, an twenty foot tall ancient elder demon against a that stupid bloke with the glasses won't exactly have equal odds, will it? >:D

lol, I've never played DnD D: I've never used dice in a fight either. In all my rp days we have used free form, so I guess that is the main reason why fights take forever, and go into such boring detail. But I like freeform for the most part, maybe I should learn to use dice. .... one day....
Loren

Heh :) I meant RP with stats and suchlike, but it's probably the same thing :)

yeah, I've only done the freeform stuff. Just make up an interesting character and run with it. Gives you a chance to discover more about a character as you build him, and you don't need to force him/her/it into a role.
Loren

Exactly >:) Its far more interesting that way XD

interesting yes, long winded also yes XD
Welcome to RPR! It looks as if you've already made one friend ^_^ If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello One and All

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus