Skip to main content

Forums » Help » can other people see my Recent Activity

can other people see my Recent Activity?
if so what else can this see?
is there a way to make it unseen? I don't like the idea of being spied on

I hope this doesn't sound to paranoid.
Kim Site Admin

Other people can only see notifications on your profile that were public actions they could have found on their own anyway -- for example, posts made to public forums by yourself or your non-anonymous characters, that anyone can go look at.

Similarly, they can see posts or comments you made in groups as yourself or as your non-anonymous characters, but only if they, too, are a member of that group.

There is no setting to turn it off.
that is a worry of mine also but thank you Kim for clearing that up i did not like the idea of others being able "spy" on me when i do my rps but i do have a question. when we select the option to let our friends see when we are online does that have a range time like in the find rp section or is that an accurate time? i ask because i wish to know if that is some thing i may need to worry about with stalkers or weirdos had a time where someone met me at a McDonald's after i met them on a site when i used the WiFi there. scared the crap out of me lol.
Kim Site Admin

If you really, really don't want other people to be able to keep tabs on you, the only thing to do is stop using public parts of the site -- even if we removed the Recent Activity section on player profiles, it'd still be incredibly easy to find everything you do if you do it in public. This pretty much goes for every site on the 'net! :)

When you choose to let other people see when you are online, that is based on last activity. I believe it shows you as online if you've interacted with the site within the last five minutes. If you just leave a page open for hours but do nothing with it while you go to school or whatever, it won't count you as online.
oh thanks Kim that makes sense and thanks for all the hard work havent had a crash yet ;-)

You are on: Forums » Help » can other people see my Recent Activity

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus