Skip to main content

Forums » Help » A little BBCode help please?

Arcane (played anonymously)

Hey there. I don't even know if this is possible. I've poked around a lot of off-site websites to try and find the answer to no avail but...

Is there a way to embed just a song? Like say from Soundcloud? And is there a way to make it autoplay?

And if there isn't a way to put a soundcloud song on a profile, is there a way to make a youtube video autoplay?

I know autoplay songs can be annoying on profiles. But the one I'm wanting to use is very soft and doesn't even have words. Just some celtic music.
Sanne Moderator

Unfortunately autoplay is not allowed and never will be for any kind of media. Even songs that you find soft and unobtrusive are more often than not considered annoying or interrupt people's other media while browsing the web. In fact, many consider music the #1 most annoying thing about websites ever.

You can put some text at the top of the profile to encourage people to listen to the music while they browser though. :)

Right now the only media embedding allowed is YouTube and Vimeo, but as Soundcloud has been suggested before it seems popular enough to suggest embedding Soundcloud in the future if it is possible to be coded safely into RPR.
Arcane (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Ahh. Good to know. And I also personally agree with the music being annoying. So it's all good.

The soundcloud thing would be nice though.

And thank you for the quick reply!

You are on: Forums » Help » A little BBCode help please?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus