Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Breath of Fire (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I've been wanting to do something to this effect for some time. I adore Breath of Fire, the entire series, and would like to take the basic setting and concept of BoF III and essentially replace the cast and details of the plot.

Short version for now. The world is one full of magic, monsters, and myriad races living in relative harmony in the current age. Dragons are thought to be extinct, until a young whelp is discovered in a mine. Though captured, the young whelp escapes and sets out on a journey to discover who he is, what he is, and why his race is gone.

Machinery exists in this world, up to and including engine-driven ships. No cars, guns are rudimentary at best and more akin to cannons. Debris washed up on the shore of the Great Sea suggests that robots may have once existed, but functional ones are extremely rare if they exist at all.

I'd like to stick to cannon races, though the characters can certainly be original. I'll provide a list of races and explanations.

Available Races:

The Brood: Dragons. They function day-to-day appearing to be human, but are capable of Accession to their dragon forms. Forms range from pygmys to humanoid warriors, heavily-armored behemoths to poison-breathing serpents. Only the "Chosen One" can unleash the full power of the Brood.

Woren: Cat-like people notable for their proficiency as warriors and thieves. Some among them are capable of their own transformation into a "weretiger," an immensely powerful but uncontrollable form.

Wing Clan: Denizens of the city of Wyndia, their race was once winged though over time their wings degraded. Among them are notable healers and spell-casters, and the royal family still maintains wings though they are not capable of flight. They are also known as "Fae."

Guardian: Created by the Goddess of Destruction, the Guardians were the greatest warriors against the Brood during the Great War that reportedly destroyed the dragons. Anglicized by the followers of the Goddess, they are large and powerfully-built with great proficiency with spears and an affinity for fire.

Grass Runners: Members of a dog-like clan. In the case of BoF III, the only telltale difference between them and humans is a tail but other iterations made them considerably more dog-like in appearance. They have appeared as stoic swordsmen as well as scientists.

Endless: A "race" of ageless and extremely powerful sorcerers. For obvious reasons, any characters of this race will have to be seriously reviewed and approved due to their extreme power.

Faerie: Denizens of the "Dream World," though they are capable of crossing over into ordinary reality. Typical faeries, really, in terms of appearance and abilities. When a faerie dies, it is reborn in the dream world though unaware of it's past life and experiences.

Human: Need I say more?

I know this is a lot of information to cover, but this is a fair baseline. If I get a bit of interest, I'll be happy to explain things in more detail either in this thread or via PM to anyone looking to build a specific character. I'm going to be a bit choosey about things, unfortunately, and make sure that things fit the bill properly. I'm willing to do a proper thread, but if preferred by anyone who joins it can be done via PM or in a group.
Magic 100%
Mundane? What's that? Magic permeates every part of the setting. Almost everyone has access to strong magic.
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.
I think this sounds like awesome fun! I started playing the first BoF on my phone and hope to have played through all four by Christmas break! I'd love to be a part of this rp! :)
Lescerto Topic Starter

I'd be glad to have you aboard. Its a great series.
Asroc

I RP as a Breath of Fire IV character if that helps.

I thought I was the only one who knew of this game.
Lescerto Topic Starter

Scias. Good choice. Good to know there are other fans out there! Maybe I'll get this off the ground yet.
Asroc

Lescerto wrote:
Scias. Good choice. Good to know there are other fans out there! Maybe I'll get this off the ground yet.

I need to break him in more, so count me in for this RP.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Breath of Fire (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus