Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Modern Vampire/Werewolf RP [Closed] (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello! I'm looking for maybe 3ish people willing to play in a modern supernatural setting! I only have a couple rules, but I'll get to them in a second. The plot will be decided once everybody's ready, but the mandatory stuff includes major supernatural shelters and rules set up to protect humans. Humans are aware of the supernatural (Unless every player is against this). This means that if you're some kind of ghoul that has to eat a human every day, you aren't going to have a good time with tons of hunters after you. You can play any approved monster and even a human. There are universal rules for vampires and werewolves, which are as follows:

Vampires:
Strengths: Super Strength, Super Speed, Long Fangs, Nightvision
Weaknesses: Sunlight (Immediate), Running Water, Decapitation, Holy Symbols
Other: No Reflection / Photograph. Hypnotism. Can Feed on Animals. If a vampire does not feed for two weeks, or feeds too much in one day (human blood only), they become enraged. When enraged, the vampire must feed on the nearest living thing.

Werewolves
Strengths (Human Form): Strength and speed of an athlete.
Strengths (Angered): Super strength, plus above. Sharp teeth and claws.
Strengths (Turned): Ultra strength, plus above. Huge bite, long claws.
Weaknesses (Human and Angered Forms): Silver, plus any human weakness.
Weaknesses (Turned): Silver (To a lesser extent).
Other: Can be killed with anything, but silver hurts more. 'Angered' form is simply a human with golden eyes, sharp teeth, and claws. Turned form is a huge, hybrid form between a human and wolf. It walks on two legs, but can sprint on all four. While it doesn't have the speed of a vampire, it can easily crush even vampiric bone. Werewolves, without exception, cannot control themselves when turned. Werewolves turn on the full moon, but can resist. On the full moon day, they are extremely prone to becoming angered. If one resists for a full 8-12 hours, the turned creature is much angrier next time. This power chart is for beta werewolves, which is any werewolf other than an alpha. The alphas are MUCH stronger.

Rules:
Original Characters only, please.
Magic does not exist.
Keep characters at a reasonable power level, please. Keep any werewolves at a beta.
If you wish to play a human or monster not listed above, please let me know in your reply.
Any killing in-between characters must be discussed OOC beforehand.
You can kill literally any NPC if you want to. Just keep in mind, there are a lot of rules against it IC. Killing a human isn't as major to the supernatural government, but is important to a lot of hunters.
Please refrain from sex, though inter-character romance should be fine if discussed.
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'm interested. I'll message you about the details.
Hello. I was notified of this rp by someone, and I'm curious about it. Would I be able to play as a Drider as a monster.
What if you were to make vampires and werewolves into variants of the same species/retrovirus/curse? In Eastern European folklore, there wasn't actually terribly much difference between the Strigoi or Moroi and the Pricolici or Vukodlak. Vampires often turned into wolves, and werewolves consumed blood just like vampires did. Generally there was more of a distinction between 'living' vampires/werewolves, who were basically witches; and undead revenant vampires/werewolves (yes, even werewolves were often considered ghouls that rose from their graves at night in the form of wolves, just like undead vampires).

It might make for an interesting novelty to simply have 'wolf' and 'bat' variations of the same blood-curse/blood-infection.
irongiant6 Topic Starter

Pooka wrote:
What if you were to make vampires and werewolves into variants of the same species/retrovirus/curse? In Eastern European folklore, there wasn't actually terribly much difference between the Strigoi or Moroi and the Pricolici or Vukodlak. Vampires often turned into wolves, and werewolves consumed blood just like vampires did. Generally there was more of a distinction between 'living' vampires/werewolves, who were basically witches; and undead revenant vampires/werewolves (yes, even werewolves were often considered ghouls that rose from their graves at night in the form of wolves, just like undead vampires).

It might make for an interesting novelty to simply have 'wolf' and 'bat' variations of the same blood-curse/blood-infection.

I like the suggeestion, but I prefer the modern view of vampires and werewolves. It's easier for players to understand quickly, but I do try to give a little twist to each, such as vampires not being able to legally turn people and werewolves having multiple forms.
Archives of Animus (played by Draken901)

Aye there, I'm interested, and if you'll have me, I'll be using Semi-Future 1 on the Archives of Animus.
SugaarCereal

I'd be interested!
I would also be interested....would most likely want to be a werewolf.
I'd be interested in playing, would it be possible to play a Dhamphir (half-vampire) of you don't want to do that a full blooded vamp would be fine.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Modern Vampire/Werewolf RP [Closed] (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus