Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » medieval fantasy, long term, plots withi (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

hey! i'm persimmon - i'm an 18 year old genderblob nerd currently living in the UK (but originally from poland) with a passion for video games (and some other stuff too). i like long walks in the countryside and making magic the gathering decks. i'm totally new here! this is my first ever post.

when it comes to rules and limitations, i'm a very relaxed person. due to the nature of the plots, i think violence and swearing are to be expected. my biggest request is that we don't hound each other for replies - it's a sad truth that i can go for weeks without replying to a roleplay, which doesn't necessarily mean i've lost interest in it (though i'll tell you if that happens!), just that i'm busy or don't feel like writing. i'm more than happy to keep the discussion up between replies, or chat about anything and everything.

other stuff;
i don't mind playing more than one character. my preferred pairings are most definitely queer ones, i don't often play hetero romance anymore. post length really isn't important to me as long as the story and characters are well fleshed out and keep us both interested. if you want a number, i average on 400-700 words per reply? ooc chat is the most important thing to me about a roleplay.

plots;
m//, f// wrote:
the forest is dying. though it has been aware of its illness for centuries, felt it everywhere from its grand oaks to its smallest trickling streams, it was complacent (or foolish) enough to carry on ignoring it. the sickly corruption spread slowly, after all, and the forest had survived many like it in the past. but all the while, the illness was steadily traveling inwards towards the tree of life, the forest's heart. with the heart in its grasp, the corruption forces the spirit of the forest out. cut off from immortality and stuck in a fragile human shell, it must find someone with knowledge of its illness and find the cure, before the darkness claims it entirely.

(wherein the spirit of the forest and a helpful adventurer/ruthless mercenary go on a wacky and wonderful adventure (after we figure out the plot some more ok). i'd like to play the spirit plox)
m//, f// wrote:
every traveler who takes the high road has heard of the gryphon, though never from anyone who's actually encountered the legendary beast. for years it has terrorised the trade route, gleefully ripping apart merchants and their caravan guards, then taking its pick from the treasures they were carrying. it has slain countless knights and paid mercenaries, hundreds of plucky peasant kids who thought they could kill the tyrant and marry the princess as their reward. seeing that mortals simply cannot deal with the gryphon on their own, the gods transform the beast into the animal it hates ever so much - a human. which makes for a bewildered, powerless gryphon in a cold, bloodthirsty human world.

(this could honestly go so many ways its not even funny - for example, the gryphon is captured and made into a slave/gladiator. it's 'rescued' by the grand warrior who's just arrived to kill it. etctcetcec. but having it just meet some hero/wanderer in the forest and join them in their travels is cool too. i'm up for playing either chars yooo, discuss this shit with me)
m// only wrote:
for as long as anyone can remember, the grand city of "" has been controlled (and terrorized) by a family of ancient, incredibly powerful vampires. A, thousands of years old and the head of the family, has crushed every challenger with an iron fist, thus securing his family's future as kings and queens... for eternity. until, that is, B shows up. an unexpected visitor from a different plane of existence, this demon is a childish brat with violent, macabre intentions. for a while, he's content to keep his mindless slaughter to the 'livestock' - the suppressed citizens of "". however, when a member of the ruling family is found dead, killed like a common peasant, A is forced to meet the insolent intruder and solve the matter once and for all.

the characters i originally had in mind are sorin and tibalt from my favourite brand of cardboard crack cocaine, magic the gathering (and it would be incredible if we used them) but we can make them OCs y'all so go nuts i'll play either

that's about it guys!! hope you see something you like; if you do, PM me!
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

As a fellow MoTG fan, you have my attention :)

I am interested in plots one and two. :) I am more of a focus on adventure/writing, and I'm great for kicking up some muse. I may/may not do m/m or f/f depending on the character I think up. Nothing personal, I just view characters as their own being. I can't make them something they're not if that makes sense. But if you wants yourself a good ol'fashioned story complete with the nuances of magick-y bits and the freedom to pick up or drop off whenever? I am your person!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » medieval fantasy, long term, plots withi (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus