Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Wit Inn (Closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Going to start off with setting up the scene...
The Wit Inn is a place existing beyond time and space. An extra-dimensional location which one can visit if he or she focuses on it enough and knows how to pursue it. It is said that the Wit Inn is like a dream world where one can meet with other dreamers and actually converse with them. Whether the experience is to be believed as real or signed off as dream-scape imagination is unclear. Some truly just consider this a nice dream. Others, a place they can visit for a chat if other dreamers happen to be there at the time as well.
As for the inn itself, imagine a tall structure of wood and stone. Something out of a novel describing the ol' days, a tavern settled some-place convenient and enticing you with a clever (and witty) sign post. The tall, elaborate door would admit you into a large, cosy and dimly lit room. The floor made of neatly settled planks upon which, in various spots around the room, tables and chairs are settled, waiting for new patrons. Off to the left of you in a long bar desk with stools in front of it. Behind it would be a man known as the Barkeep, tasked with greeting and making visitors comfortable and supplied with drink and food as need be. The light would originate from candles and chandeliers set around the large room. Staircases leading up would lead to rooms one could rent if they wished to stay for longer, while the staircases downstairs were usually kept from the patron's curiosity. "Just them supplies and what-have-you down there. Nothin' of interest." - the Barkeep would say.

And the basic idea for the thread...
You, whoever you are, find yourself capable of visiting this strange place. Whether you are an elf wizard, a dashing furry rogue, a space marine, a nightmarish creature or a regal dragon (though that last one may need some imagination in terms of HOW exactly you plan to enter the inn and exist within it; particularly if you're the large and massive sort) you may find a place here and, perhaps, meet fellows similarly adventurous and imaginative as you are.
As for the form of posting, I think incorporating the "Live chat" function for when there are more people about to RP would work best to keep the kind of "lively" feeling of interaction. Naturally, any other posting method would/should work.
I realize the idea may either be too finicky or not precise enough for it to really work.

Who is this for?
Anybody. Really. If this works, anybody can come in and interact with any other character. Hopefully it won't cause irreversible damage to the character's sense of identity. I know not all handle dimensional travel very well. Oh, what? You're worried it may end up being pretty messy? Well. There's a catch.
No violence.
Or the Barkeep'll tell you off. Unless he'll have more power than that.

Tl;dr...
A medieval inn setting with a mixture of themes and characters within. Main premise - interaction.

Linkage

The Wit Inn - IC

The Wit Inn - OOC/Discussion
Magic 100%
Mundane? What's that? Magic permeates every part of the setting. Almost everyone has access to strong magic.
Technology 100%
Far future, perhaps galactic teleporters and fast terraforming
Combat 00%
No combat. If problems arise, players may be expected to solve it without resorting to violence.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Ezekiel (played by _Broken_)

This is awesome! I'm in if you please.
Luminescence (played anonymously)

I love this idea! Mind if I join with this character?
Jan_the_Cat Topic Starter

For clarification - any and all characters will be welcome to have a look around the inn once I set it up. I'll just put up an appropriate link to it here once it's ready. Hoping to see how many people would be interested in the idea and happy to participate. :)

Meanwhile - is there an actual limit to how many players can participate in a given story? Or can there be any number of people writing responses to an RP thread?
Luminescence (played anonymously)

I don't think there's a limit. :)
Jan_the_Cat Topic Starter

That's good news! Having no limit to participants may truly make the Inn what I intend it to be. Once I put it out there (won't be too long, promise!). :)
I would like to be reminded of when the Inn opens as well! :)
Nermine (played by Jan_the_Cat) Topic Starter

"Up and waiting~ Please don't let my work go to waste."

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Wit Inn (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus