Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Up From The Abyss (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Duncan Erised (played anonymously)

Seeking a couple of other characters to include into an RP set during an extended "World War II"-like setting where guns aren't what wins the wars. It'll be the things holding them. And the people who may or may fail to control them.

Magic isn't unheard of in this setting, in fact it can even be learned if you have the aptitude for it. But right now a very real and very scary war has ravaged the world and it needs to end soon. The world's magical and technological superpowers are stockpiling for something big and things are getting too quiet to be comfortable.

Will you help end the war or will you fuel the flames?

If you have questions ask below, this setting will be tailored around the way my profile has been constructed - consult these pages first before asking anything that might already have been touched on.

Two other players wanted, one character each, is preferred. Maybe more depending on if certain factors and criteria are readily met.

No overly sexual scenes will occur, if anything transpires they will be required to "fade to black". Body horror, psychological trauma, war time scenes and other disturbing graphic themes are likely to transpire. Please exercise caution before considering joining.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

I have my character Riven Helstorm who is merely a clocksmith, but she can be easily trained for other uses. She's very social and will do anything to be of any help, out-going and focused.
I do semi-literature so one-three paragraphs each reply can be expected :)
Duncan Erised (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Riven Helstorm wrote:
I have my character Riven Helstorm who is merely a clocksmith, but she can be easily trained for other uses. She's very social and will do anything to be of any help, out-going and focused.
I do semi-literature so one-three paragraphs each reply can be expected :)

I am fully literate and am rather finicky when it comes to quality writing and story telling. Would it be a lot to ask for if I requested a sample of your writing just to see what you style and writing levels are? Feel free to send me a PM with your sample.

Is there anything else I should know about Riven that isn't listed or told about her from her profile page? Do you have any questions of me?
I have several potentials for a WWII setting:

Brad Krieglon is an elder werewolf having serving the Crown since the reign of Elizabeth I, and a master of the blade. He disdains firearms, preferring close combat, knives, and subterfuge to a shooting match. At this period he would be influential at forming the Special Air Service (mainly as a close combat instructor) and training those of a supernatural persuasion to counter the Axis powers own supernatural forces.

William Nightwind is a hunter of evil, a fallen angel, and the founder of his own Church on the US west coast. During this time period he would have enlisted with the US Armed Forces out of a sense of duty and the sense of foreboding over the rise of Nazidom and its ties to the Thule society. He specializes in sharpshooting, blessings, and exorcisms.

Jude Raith (Dresdenverse based character) is an emotional vampire from a bloodline of the same sort of beings; however, due to his own rebellious nature he tends to feed on the rage of others and enjoys the heat of battle and does not tend to play well with others. His affiliation during this period is tenuous, possibly leaning towards who can convince him it is worth it to him... or appeal to what humanity remains within him.

I understand this is only a partially supernatural setting, and the characters above are pretty fantastical, but I am willing to tone down and alter their backstories specifically for this setting.

Each of these characters are exceptionally well made, but there are a few snafus. Namely the exact setting we would be in and the possibility of character interaction.

I need to stress the fact that this will be in a ""WW-II"-like setting. The countries and sides involved have different names and not all the events are the same.

Jude Raith I'm afraid poses too large of a risk to let live, especially with skill set he has in this kind of war. Braun and other Amalgams would be a major source of power, Magicians like Duncan would not be very happy about some upstart obtaining that amount of power from demons, amalgams and ambient ill-will during the war. They could become a major threat to the already existing instability of this war.

William Nightwind's angelic side wouldn't mesh well in this setting. The term "Demon" is just a name for the collective cellular structures that form the various semi- to fully sentient magically induced constructs. They seem inherently evil, but in reality they are just chaotic. If not handled well they can harm anyone and anything - "good" or "bad".

Brad Krieglon, is he Elder as in visibly and physically old? Other than this I could see a werewolf-like handler free (not partnered with a magician) Amalgam or possibly an illusionary werewolf form that when close enough can physically replicate the powers of a real one.

Out of all of your characters listed here I'd be most interested in an RP with Brad! I wonder how he and a special ops magician would get along... XD

I'd be willing to discuss more about the concepts and answer questions over PM if you'd like.

Bump!
Dredger (played by GGFreak)

I could join in with this character! Still working out quite a few details and making the avatar, but Dredger's basically a militant cultist clad in red, sporting a furnace/sheath for his main sword instead of a left forearm.

(in a small side note, this reminds me of battlecry, a game I had my eye on a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOX_mdNA3gc . Nothing mindblowing, this just made me think of it.)

Interesting character!

There could be some cults within this world but most would revere either Magicians, Amalgams or Technology.

Are you familiar with all the information in my character's profile? There is a lot of information relevant to the RP and setting within.

If you can agree that your character would be a good fit within this setting and genre or have any questions, comments or concerns please let me know over PM.

LOL, this reminds me of TF2! Similar feel to my RP, but less RPG and more war time battles/magical duels.

Is this still going to happen?

Sorry, school has really got me bogged down right now. I promise to set everything up as soon as I can. I'm sorry to keep you all waiting!

No worries, I was just wondering if everything was alright on your end.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Up From The Abyss (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus